U-Boat At Bottom Of Churchill River?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U-Boat At Bottom Of Churchill River?

Oh God not yet another Nazi U boat (bearing gold, documents der furherr's dna etc etc) story.

Half the Kriegsmarine must be sunk up North American rivers
    Last edited by MarkV; 11 Mar 17, 13:33.
    Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
    Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Wasn't this near the site where the U-37 sank in the movie 'The 49th Parallel'?
      BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

Sadly I haven't seen that film so I cannot say.

I thought this might be of some interest to the Canadians here.

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel Sennef View Post
          Wasn't this near the site where the U-37 sank in the movie 'The 49th Parallel'?
          IIRC that was up north in the Hudson Bay.
          "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Some years ago there was supposed to be one in the Hudson river but that story fizzled out and if memory serves became one in the East River.

I suspect they are on a par with Burmese Spitfires always on the verge of being found
            Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
            Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

It is interesting ...

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

... but the sonar image/artifact was found in July 2012. Here's some info. from 2013:

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/ca...canadian-coast

Here's a piece from last summer. This fella's done a great deal of work, makes a case for the wreck being U-851, a Type IX, carry mercury: ...

Monday, June 6, 2016
              Ecological Disaster, U-851 - the Muskrat Falls Wreck - Part One.
              http://rocksolidpolitics.blogspot.ca...rat-falls.html

Monday, June 13, 2016
              UPDATED - Evidence of the Muskrat Falls U-boat Wreck
              http://rocksolidpolitics.blogspot.ca...ls-u-boat.html

Fill your boots!
              "I am Groot"
              - Groot

Comment

Any word on why the boat might have been in that particular location? The author you linked to goes to enormous lengths to identify the type of U-boat, but says virtually nothing worthwhile about the location.

Incidentally, his "evidence" appears to be only apparent to himself many times, although he makes a good case for the type identification.

Interesting to note, however, that the orientation of the wreck on the sonar image changes dramatically depending on what piece of evidence he is "identifying", by up to 90 degrees at a time.

And the gyrocopter was not carried openly on deck, but in a water-tight compartment.

More questions than answers...

Comment

I think that the Nazi's had a cabin near by it was on the north side of the Churchill River the only Nazi Residence in N.A. as far as I know...
                  They also had a Nazi Weather Station way up north in Martin Bay, Labrador...
                  Lost Nazi Weather Station Kurt: http://www.heritagedaily.com/2014/06...-kurt-2/103568

Comment

Why would that account for a Type IX milchcow?

Comment

Any word on why the boat might have been in that particular location? The author you linked to goes to enormous lengths to identify the type of U-boat, but says virtually nothing worthwhile about the location.

Incidentally, his "evidence" appears to be only apparent to himself many times, although he makes a good case for the type identification.

Interesting to note, however, that the orientation of the wreck on the sonar image changes dramatically depending on what piece of evidence he is "identifying", by up to 90 degrees at a time.

And the gyrocopter was not carried openly on deck, but in a water-tight compartment.

Probably a safe haven where they could pull up and charge the batteries and attack the shipping lanes, set up radio, weather stations etc...
                      I just thought that I might add to the link that we don't often think of it but Newfoundland & Labrador were not a part of Canada at this time...
                      Here is a link to arctic journal... http://arcticjournal.ca/mission-martin-bay-1943/
                      Last edited by SmackUm; 12 Mar 17, 15:01. Reason: add link

Comment

Dennis , I've read your last link and honestly , I feel like a guy in front of an abstract painting with the artist depicting it...
                        I tried to recognize the items he certified on the wreck , but nope.Nada.Zobi .Que dalle ...
                        That rug really tied the room together

Comment

Another 2 minutes of my ever shortening life wasted,plus the time to post this.Some gems on the tube but that aint one.Weren't the snorkels on the sail.Perhaps its the Red October.
                          Wack tac mac hey.
                          Regards.
                          Grishnak.

Comment

Beats me, ...

... you got further than I did, I'm a skeptic by nature. It comes down to this, the police i.e. RCMP "B" Division, were involved from the get-go in 2012, there was a search for missing/possibly drowned. If the RCMP actually believed there was a WWII submarine, scuttled or otherwise, with the clear possibility of live ordnance, they'd be required to have an EDU, divers etc. attend to sort it out; there's official accountability, and I haven't even touched on the possibility of mercury. This guy's ex-military of some sort, he has "done a great deal of work", and he "makes a case", but ...

That's why I signed off with "Fill your boots!", make your own call.
                            "I am Groot"
                            - Groot

Comment

Originally posted by grishnak View Post
                              Another 2 minutes of my ever shortening life wasted,plus the time to post this.Some gems on the tube but that aint one.Weren't the snorkels on the sail.Perhaps its the Red October.
                              Actually, during WWII the snorkel fit flat on the deck alongside the conning tower.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X