Good first month on the economy..but

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good first month on the economy..but

Well the economy is starting to cook with jobs being created in the private sector and in construction? Yeah construction, remember those jobs? Pay is slightly increasing so its good news for America. But I do wish that President Trump and the Repubs had taken on the tax cuts first before health care and stayed focused on the economy and not get bogged down in Health Care and get shellacked like (anybody remember 2008 when President Obama and Dems did Health Care) the dems did in 2010.

Maybe they are doing the Health Care first cause the tax cuts will be an easier slam dunk before the election? But I think it would have been a smarter move to get the economy to get smoking hot.
    http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...KBN16H0KA?il=0

If they don't get the ACA under control, there won't be any tax cuts. Or anything else.
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Exactly. All those jobs need health care.
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikeye View Post
        Maybe they are doing the Health Care first cause the tax cuts will be an easier slam dunk before the election? But I think it would have been a smarter move to get the economy to get smoking hot.
        Maybe the Federal Reserve's concern over inflation influenced their decision. You want the economy warm, but not steaming: throws prices all out of whack.
        I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

I'm fine with a steady year round simmer. But then my pay is determined more by property values, so slow and steady is best for me.
          Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
            I'm fine with a steady year round simmer. But then my pay is determined more by property values, so slow and steady is best for me.
            Bah. Cops are overpaid as it is.......
            We used to have "Special Patrols" here. Those officers, I think technically were a part of the PD, but were hired and paid by a specific neighborhood that could pay for adding extra thickness to their own blue line. They would only patrol and respond to that particular neighborhood.
            Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Water sales for us, although sales tax also impacts certain aspects of the budget.
              Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
                Bah. Cops are overpaid as it is.......
                We used to have "Special Patrols" here. Those officers, I think technically were a part of the PD, but were hired and paid by a specific neighborhood that could pay for adding extra thickness to their own blue line. They would only patrol and respond to that particular neighborhood.
                I've heard of neighborhoods hiring security guards, but they're not much better than a basic deterrent. Of course, in general the neighborhoods capable of hiring them are the ones that don't need them in the first place.

Events and some businesses hire us 'on contract' for stuff. One business in particular basically pays me to eat supper there and stay until closing. That's because they're quite profitable and have been robbed several times. Paying me time and a half plus dinner is considered a good business decision to keep them from being robbed during the dinner rush.
                Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

I've heard of neighborhoods hiring security guards, but they're not much better than a basic deterrent. Of course, in general the neighborhoods capable of hiring them are the ones that don't need them in the first place.

Events and some businesses hire us 'on contract' for stuff. One business in particular basically pays me to eat supper there and stay until closing. That's because they're quite profitable and have been robbed several times. Paying me time and a half plus dinner is considered a good business decision to keep them from being robbed during the dinner rush.
                  They were not security guards. They are SFPD qualified and went to same academy and through the same training. They were actually the upper echelon of candidates and received superior pay than those not chosen for "Special Patrol". They were just someone that would not have been hired by the PD if not for the neighborhood funds, they were the creme of the creme. They wore SFPD uniforms and drove SFPD patrol cars and were on the same frequency. The only way you could tell them apart was the shoulder badge on the sleeve that denoted "Special Patrol" at the top, and the same on the SFPD badges displayed on the patrol car doors.
                  Last edited by Salinator; 10 Mar 17, 21:36.
                  Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X