Drug & Breathalyzer Tests for Congress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drug & Breathalyzer Tests for Congress

If Prez Trump want to drain the swamp swiftly, just implement spot drug tests and pass a breathalyzer in order to enter state capitols and Capitol Hill.

Apparently, there is a lot of boozing going on....

"Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Well, there is the pesky business of the Bill of Rights getting in the way.

Not to mention a huge mass of case law.
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
      Well, there is the pesky business of the Bill of Rights getting in the way.

Not to mention a huge mass of case law.
      Bill of Rights doesn't prohibit drug testing or alcohol testing, which is grounds for dismissal anywhere in the real world.

There is no "right" to drink or drug while on the job. Never has been.
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

If they start with residence of CA it should get amusing real fast.
        Last edited by Half Pint John; 11 Mar 17, 12:59.
        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

There is a problem with who administers these tests. If Congress polices its own, no real difference will be made. Who will make a Judge pee in a bottle? The Executive Branch has its own foibles. There are no outside agencies that can determine who gets tested and when.

Those industries that employ drug testing never seem to make management and higher ups test.

Pruitt
          Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post

Those industries that employ drug testing never seem to make management and higher ups test.

Pruitt
            Not in all cases Pruitt, the company I worked for before my retirement required random drug testing, that included management from the VP on down to the office staff, I kid you not!
            Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

This just means they will never show for work..

is that a bad thing?

Comment

Originally posted by Skoblin View Post
                This just means they will never show for work..

is that a bad thing?
                Not if we quit paying them.

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                  There is a problem with who administers these tests. If Congress polices its own, no real difference will be made. Who will make a Judge pee in a bottle? The Executive Branch has its own foibles. There are no outside agencies that can determine who gets tested and when.
                  The mind boggles. Once internal agencies get the new powers Bannon surely wants, an hours waterboarding ought to do it, Judge or no Judge. Bejesus now, you wouldn't even need a bottle...
                  Tactics are based on Weapons... Strategy on Movement... and Movement on Supply.
                  (J. F. C. Fuller 1878-1966)

Comment

"Who watches the watchers?"

Truer words have never been spoken.

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
                      Not in all cases Pruitt, the company I worked for before my retirement required random drug testing, that included management from the VP on down to the office staff, I kid you not!
                      If it works for businesses, why not government as well?
                      "Never argue with an idiot. They'll just drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience" George Carlin

Comment

Sounds good to me! I get randoms with the Navy. I also get them when I'm using my CDL.

Comment

Do you guys really think that the congress critters will ever enact a rule or law against themselves???

Really? I got a gold claim to sell you if you do. Totally legit...
                          Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                            Do you guys really think that the congress critters will ever enact a rule or law against themselves???

Really? I got a gold claim to sell you if you do. Totally legit...
                            Too soon to rep ya. But yeah like this would ever happen

“Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.” -- Albert Einstein

The US Constitution doesn't need to be rewritten it needs to be reread

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                              When !
                              Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X