"U.S. Consumer Comfort Just Reached Its Highest Level in a Decade"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Persephone View Post
    Plus, Gov Moonbeam have a longstanding pissing contest with Texas.
    Well, California has a huge population explosion brought about by illegals in the millions flooding in, especially to the "sanctuary cites", but that isn't "growth". It's just a staggering burden on schools, social services, medical care and welfare since these people send their money back to Mexico.

California still has to overcome crippling taxes, lack of water and a few other minor details such as legislating factories and jobs out of existence to save tiny little fish that have zero value.

California has also just lost $659 million dollars in federal grant monies for The Railroad To Nowhere undertaken by Obama.

California does not have a "booming" economy - it has a Ponzi scheme.
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

California has the high tech industry, the rest of their economy is Smoke and Mirrors!
      Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
        California has the high tech industry, the rest of their economy is Smoke and Mirrors!
        So you don't eat vegetables, fruits or nuts and never try a glass of wine after you go to a movie about space launches while sitting on your red wood chairs. Then being high tech sounds like progress. We can't all live off or cow pies, communally called BS.
        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
          So you don't eat vegetables, fruits or nuts and never try a glass of wine after you go to a movie about space launches while sitting on your red wood chairs. Then being high tech sounds like progress. We can't all live off or cow pies, communally called BS.

I drink wine made 2 hours away, eat strawberries grown down the road, same for blueberries. Beer is made 1 town over. And live oak beats redwood. We even make movies here. I can live without California.
          Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
            I know you don't like Texas HPJ, just because you had a bad Steak in Childress some time back, but there is absolutely nothing that California can offer me that doesn't grow in Texas or come from Texas, even Pineapple, I don't depend on anything from California, especially Tomatoes that taste like cardboard because we don't have to beg, borrow, steal water from Oregon or Washington, that is why our Oranges from our valley are superior and tastier than anything that comes from California!
            Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
              I drink wine made 2 hours away, eat strawberries grown down the road, same for blueberries. Beer is made 1 town over. And live oak beats redwood. We even make movies here. I can live without California.
              You are not the National Economy......

You sound more like a hipster

Comment

Originally posted by Paddybhoy View Post

You don't understand the USA.
                Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

I know you don't like Texas HPJ, just because you had a bad Steak in Childress some time back, but there is absolutely nothing that California can offer me that doesn't grow in Texas or come from Texas, even Pineapple, I don't depend on anything from California, especially Tomatoes that taste like cardboard because we don't have to beg, borrow, steal water from Oregon or Washington, that is why our Oranges from our valley are superior and tastier than anything that comes from California!
                  Exactly.

The days when the Caliban had a corner on truck farming is long gone.

And speaking of a different sort of truck, we produce plenty of trucks, too.

Austin is a major high-tech host, and Houston is rapidly becoming the more important port on the Gulf, and one of the top ports on the East Coast.
                  Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddybhoy View Post

Making the point that if 'impoverished' North Carolina, far below California in pretty much any and every category you can come up with, can provide all the things which California prides itself on as being indispensable, then it is not, indeed, indispensable. We even have high tech industry. California is no more important than any other state, and due to their activities, regulatory state, and some other things indeed might have made themselves less relevant. Only a huge population and historical political influence maintain their status.
                    Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

You guys have no clue to the size of the agriculture in California.

Agriculture

Agriculture (including fruit, vegetables, dairy, and wine production) is a major California industry, but at 2% of GSP, it makes a minor contribution to the state's overall economy.[clarification needed] Airborne exports of perishable fruits and vegetables amounted to approximately $579 million in 2007.[26] By way of comparison, California exported more agricultural products by air that year than 23 other states did by all modes of transport.[26] California agriculture is dependent on undocumented labor.[27]
                      According to the California Department of Food and Agriculture, "California agriculture is a $42.6 billion dollar industry that generates at least $100 billion in related economic activity."[28] The state’s agricultural sales first exceeded $30 billion in 2004,[29] making it more than twice the size of any other state's agriculture industry.
                      California is the leading dairy state.[30] Milk is California's number one farm commodity.[29] Exports of almonds continued to be the top commodity from California, with a value of $2.83 billion in foreign sales. Dairy and dairy products ranked second to almonds with a California total export value of $1.42 billion, a 24 percent increase over 2010.[31] California's dairy industry generated $47 billion "in economic activity" in 2004 and employed over 400,000 people."[30]
                      California leads the United States in strawberry production; due to its optimal climate and productive soil, the state is the source over 80% of the nation's strawberry harvest.[32]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_California
                      Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

TX isn't what it's cracked up to be, imo.

It's also the only state that I ran into racial discrimination face to face and that in Dallas. Two doors to go into a store in Paris,TX didn't impress me in a positive manner. While this is from a long time ago 68, it still sticks.

Other than the High Plains out Amarillo way I haven't seen any scenery to recommend it. I cannot say the same for CA.

Now the one thing, and it's big, that I like in TX compared to CA are the people. I met a lot from TX while stationed there and other places in the military. Mostly all great people. In CA a Hoover salesman couldn't sell his product.
                        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X