X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Massena
    replied
    Originally posted by Tsar View Post
    Now you admit that there is no collusion yet you started a thread about that exact thing, hypocrite.
    I didn't say that.

I said that issue is not collusion, but Russian interference in the election.

And that is confirmed.

Before you begin throwing epithets around, make sure you don't have anything that can come back at you in a pejorative manner.

Leave a comment:

• Cambronnne
    replied
    Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    In what way? If you count in releasing all those questionable e-mails and such the DNC and top Democrats were tossing about, that's probably a good thing rather than a bad one. It showed just how corrupt, at least in part, the Democrats were / are.

I seriously doubt that the Russians were in cahoots with either party. What I see is the Democrats made themselves easy targets for hacking by having lax precautions on their electronic systems and by rather blatantly, and regularly, discussing quasi-legal, illegal, and questionable stuff via e-mail. They virtually asked to be targeted.

Again, I seriously doubt any sort of charges will come forward. As for the rest, meh. I can't blame Trump for praising WikiLeaks... After all, it was a help... due entirely to the Democrat's own technological and security incompetence.

I didn't know saying one "admired Putin" was now a crime of some sort. Same goes for Russia and the Ukraine's situation. I guess when you have TDS everything Trump does amounts to a capital crime or felony...

One theory is that the Russians assumed Hillary would win, (Just like everyone else) and merely wanted to weaken her as a leader.
    That makes sense. I seriously doubt that the Russians had a better grasp of how the election would turn out than anyone else and were just going after the presumed winner.

As for Trump praising Wikileaks, I seem to recall that the dems had nothing bad to say about Wikileaks when it was going after Bush.

Leave a comment:

• T. A. Gardner
    replied
    Originally posted by Massena View Post
    The issue isn't 'collusion' but did the Russians interfere with the election. And all of the US intelligence agencies agreed that they did.
    In what way? If you count in releasing all those questionable e-mails and such the DNC and top Democrats were tossing about, that's probably a good thing rather than a bad one. It showed just how corrupt, at least in part, the Democrats were / are.

If there was any collusion with the Trump campaign, that might come out of the investigations now being conducted.
    I seriously doubt that the Russians were in cahoots with either party. What I see is the Democrats made themselves easy targets for hacking by having lax precautions on their electronic systems and by rather blatantly, and regularly, discussing quasi-legal, illegal, and questionable stuff via e-mail. They virtually asked to be targeted.

And any charges of collusion are Trump's and his campaign's own fault. Trump praised WikiLeaks publicly, stated that he admired Putin (who is a dictator and a murderer), and he has not condemned the Russians for their activities in Ukraine.
    Again, I seriously doubt any sort of charges will come forward. As for the rest, meh. I can't blame Trump for praising WikiLeaks... After all, it was a help... due entirely to the Democrat's own technological and security incompetence.

I didn't know saying one "admired Putin" was now a crime of some sort. Same goes for Russia and the Ukraine's situation. I guess when you have TDS everything Trump does amounts to a capital crime or felony...

Leave a comment:

• Tsar
    replied
    Originally posted by Massena View Post
    The issue isn't 'collusion' but did the Russians interfere with the election. And all of the US intelligence agencies agreed that they did.

If there was any collusion with the Trump campaign, that might come out of the investigations now being conducted.

And any charges of collusion are Trump's and his campaign's own fault. Trump praised WikiLeaks publicly, stated that he admired Putin (who is a dictator and a murderer), and he has not condemned the Russians for their activities in Ukraine.

Now you admit that there is no collusion yet you started a thread about that exact thing, hypocrite.

Leave a comment:

• Massena
    replied

Leave a comment:

• The Doctor
    replied
    FISA-gate: The Times Revises History in Real Time

by ANDREW C. MCCARTHY March 9, 2017 11:45 AM

For four months, media wanted us to think that Obama was investigating Trump; now they don’t.

Now that the media-Democrat complex has been caught in its own web, there is some serious skullduggery underway. It’s revisionist history, Soviet style. You know, the kind where the bad stuff gets “disappeared.” The New York Times is disappearing its claim that Obama investigated Trump.

For four months, the mainstream press was very content to have Americans believe — indeed, they encouraged Americans to believe — that a vigorous national-security investigation of the Trump presidential campaign was ongoing. “A counterintelligence investigation,” the New York Times called it.

As I contended in a column this weekend, it was essential for the media and Democrats to promote the perception of an investigation because the scandalous narrative they were peddling — namely, that Trump-campaign operatives conspired with the Putin regime to “hack the election” — required it.

Russia obviously did not hack the election.

[...]

Get it? If there is no hacking conspiracy — and there manifestly is not — the big scandal here is not possible Trump-campaign collusion with Russia. It is that the Obama Justice Department may have used its legal authorities to investigate the Democrats’ top political adversary. And not to be overlooked: This would have been done at the very same time the same Obama Justice Department was bending over backwards to whitewash the extremely serious criminal case against the Democrats’ nominee, Hillary Clinton. It would have meant Obama had his thumb on the election scale.

I began pointing this out in early January, but matters did not come to a head until last Saturday morning. In a tweet-burst, President Trump made the controversial allegation that President Obama had ordered that Trump be subjected to wiretapping at Trump Tower, where his campaign had been headquartered.

To say the least, it is unfortunate that this was the angle Trump chose to pursue. There is plenty of support for the overarching proposition that the Obama administration used its law-enforcement and intelligence powers to investigate Trump associates during the campaign. There is, to my knowledge, no evidence that Trump personally was wiretapped. So instead of highlighting the alarming things that may be true, President Trump’s tweets obsessed over something that probably is not true.

Nevertheless, even if Trump’s allegation was false, the tweets demanded attention to the real scandal: Was the Obama administration investigating the Trump campaign?

That was the uh-oh moment for the media-Democrat complex. That was when it dawned on them not only that the election-hacking conspiracy narrative wasn’t working, but that the investigation of the Trump campaign could be a much bigger scandal.

So, after insisting for four months that the Trump campaign was under investigation for conspiring with Putin to steal the election from Hillary Clinton, the media decided that it better adopt a different strategy: “Investigation? What investigation?”

Thus the claim, suddenly, is that Obama was never investigating Trump. How could we possibly believe such a thing . . . even if it’s the thing the media have wanted us to believe for four months.

That brings us back to the New York Times.

On January 20, when the paper was trying to promote the “government investigating Trump–Russia conspiracy to steal the election” narrative, here’s the headline that appeared on the big story: “Wiretapped Data Used in Inquiry of Trump Aides.” See?

They wanted you to assume the “inquiry” was focused on Trump aides who had connections to the Trump campaign. The report elaborated that investigators were poring over “intercepted communications” of three associates of Donald Trump.

[...]

Have you checked the Times’s January 20 story lately?

Turns out the story has suddenly, quietly been given a new headline. No longer is it “Wiretapped Data Used in Inquiry of Trump Aides.” Instead, readers are now told, “Intercepted Russian Communications Part of Inquiry into Trump Associates.”

Why would the Times change its headline in this manner, weeks after the fact?

Because, during the four months when the media-Democrat complex wanted you to believe there was a Trump–Putin conspiracy to hack the election, they needed you to believe that the Justice Department was targeting Trump associates for surveillance because they were Russian agents.

Now that they don’t want you to believe there was an investigation — because that would be an Obama abuse of power — they want to convince you that Trump associates were never targeted for surveillance.

[...]

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...wiretap-russia

Leave a comment:

• The Doctor
    replied
    Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
    So is the former DNI a reliable source on this subject or is he not one? Seems that we have a disconnect on this. When he makes a statement about President Trumps claim of his tower being wire tapped the former DNI is a former Obama political hack. Suddenly with this statement he is an upstanding source that we should all listen to.

So which is it?
    I think I've been pretty consistent in praising DNI Clapper. It's former DCI Comrade Brennan who I have vilified.

Clapper's statement on the wiretapping was extremely selective in its denial...
    Parsing Clapper

by ANDREW C. MCCARTHY March 8, 2017 4:00 AM @ANDREWCMCCARTHY

What he said was probably true, but what he didn’t say was more revealing.

In Monday’s Morning Jolt, Jim Geraghty usefully outlined some intriguing statements made by former Obama national intelligence director James Clapper regarding the FISA surveillance controversy. Clapper’s remarks, in an interview by NBC’s Chuck Todd on Meet the Press on Sunday, are being taken as a blanket denial of the allegations that the Obama administration used the Justice Department and FBI to investigate Trump-campaign figures, potentially including Trump himself. But what Clapper said is far from a wholesale rejection of the allegations. To be sure, General Clapper’s statements convincingly shoot down the claim that Trump himself was wiretapped by the government. But to my knowledge, no one has made that claim other than President Trump, in a series of controversial tweets on Saturday morning. Clapper’s statements do nothing to undermine the overarching allegation that the Obama Justice Department investigated associates of Trump who had varying connections to his campaign.

[...]

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...eveal-omission

Trump's tweets on wiretapping have basically caused the whole Trump-Russia conspiracy theory to collapse like a Jenga tower...

To paraphrase Bush-43, Trump "smoked 'em out"...

Leave a comment:

• Arnold J Rimmer
    replied
    Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
    *cue background music*

Leave a comment:

• Combat Engineer
    replied
    So is the former DNI a reliable source on this subject or is he not one? Seems that we have a disconnect on this. When he makes a statement about President Trumps claim of his tower being wire tapped the former DNI is a former Obama political hack. Suddenly with this statement he is an upstanding source that we should all listen to.

So which is it?

Leave a comment:

• The Doctor
    replied
    Originally posted by Skoblin View Post
    You don't get it, Doc. For the believers of the Russian paranoia/conspiracy theory, the lack of evidence of any collusion just proves how devious the Russians are - they leave no evidence.

Leave a comment:

• Skoblin
    replied
    You don't get it, Doc. For the believers of the Russian paranoia/conspiracy theory, the lack of evidence of any collusion just proves how devious the Russians are - they leave no evidence.

Leave a comment:

• The Doctor
    replied
    Originally posted by III Corps View Post
    If the contact was voluntary, there was no need for the Russians to infiltrate or recruit.
    "There was no evidence whatsoever, at the time, of collusion between the Trump campaign and the Russians,"

"At the time" refers to January 20, 2017, Clapper's last day as DNI.

Leave a comment:

• III Corps
    replied
    Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
    ...did not see anything to suggest that Russia...infiltrated...or recruited any of Trump’s advisers...
    If the contact was voluntary, there was no need for the Russians to infiltrate or recruit.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    The snowflakes and the buttercups have no problems providing their own distractions.

Leave a comment:

• Arnold J Rimmer
    replied
    Too bad. While the snowflakes wail about the evil Russians, Trump and the GOP have been doing great things.

We will need another distraction.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X