Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trump delivers again: Illegal border crossings plummet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump delivers again: Illegal border crossings plummet!

Washington (CNN) Illegal Southwest border crossings were down 40% last month, according to just released Customs and Border Protection numbers -- a sign that President Donald Trump's hardline rhetoric and policies on immigration may be having a deterrent effect.

Secretary of Homeland Security John Kelly himself announced the month-to-month numbers, statistics that CBP usually quietly posts on its website without fanfare.

According to CBP data, the 40% drop in illegal Southwest border crossings from January to February is far outside normal seasonal trends. Typically, the January to February change is actually an increase of 10% to 20%.

[...]

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/08/politi...mp-tough-talk/

Attached Files
    Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

A President with cajones.

Good News.
    "It's like shooting rats in a barrel."
    "You'll be in a barrel if you don't watch out for the fighters!"

"Talking about airplanes is a very pleasant mental disease."
    — Sergei(son of Igor) Sikorsky, 'AOPA Pilot' magazine February 2003.

Comment

All it took was getting the Border Patrol a new leader and letting them do their job.

We are starting to feel the impact on the street. The price of meth, which doubled between November and Feb, is climbing again.
      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

You guys ever though it was maybe the mexican wall on there southern border that did the trick. It is way to early to assign success or failure to trump
        you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Originally posted by andrewza View Post
          You guys ever though it was maybe the mexican wall on there southern border that did the trick. It is way to early to assign success or failure to trump
          No progress whatsoever under Obama for eight years, and the same wall was there during Obama';s tenure, yet Trump is in office a couple of months and progress is made immediately.

So yes - Trump gets the credit.

Mexico has no interest in slowing the passage of illegals, and a huge financial incentive to maintain that flow.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            No progress whatsoever under Obama for eight years, and the same wall was there during Obama';s tenure, yet Trump is in office a couple of months and progress is made immediately.

So yes - Trump gets the credit.

Mexico has no interest in slowing the passage of illegals, and a huge financial incentive to maintain that flow.
            How many illegals did Obama deport?
            "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
              How many illegals did Obama deport?
              40% less than his predecessor...
              High deportation figures are misleading

April 1, 2014

WASHINGTON — Immigration activists have sharply criticized President Obama for a rising volume of deportations, labeling him the "deporter in chief" and staging large protests that have harmed his standing with some Latinos, a key group of voters for Democrats.

But the portrait of a steadily increasing number of deportations rests on statistics that conceal almost as much as they disclose. A closer examination shows that immigrants living illegally in most of the continental U.S. are less likely to be deported today than before Obama came to office, according to immigration data.

Expulsions of people who are settled and working in the United States have fallen steadily since his first year in office, and are down more than 40% since 2009.

On the other side of the ledger, the number of people deported at or near the border has gone up — primarily as a result of changing who gets counted in the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency's deportation statistics.

The vast majority of those border crossers would not have been treated as formal deportations under most previous administrations. If all removals were tallied, the total sent back to Mexico each year would have been far higher under those previous administrations than it is now.

[...]

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-...402-story.html

The Maobama maladministration redefined deportation to include people turned away at the border.
              Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Not at all. The change in the Border Patrol and ICE is amazing.
                Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                  Not at all. The change in the Border Patrol and ICE is amazing.
                  I am sure it is. I did say that the wall wont stop people. A more effective border police will. Still one month seems rather fast and the Mexicans have all so clamped down on there southern border.
                  you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

I am sure it is. I did say that the wall wont stop people. A more effective border police will. Still one month seems rather fast and the Mexicans have all so clamped down on there southern border.
                    The wall will be a tremendous asset.

I've been on the border; it is needed. The areas where it already exist benefit greatly.

Comment

as stated elsewhere, also need troops guarding the borders locked and loaded--just like many other countries

my question to 'lefties'--why would you want to let illegals come on in? and then protect them??

Comment

Originally posted by Moulin View Post
                        as stated elsewhere, also need troops guarding the borders locked and loaded--just like many other countries

my question to 'lefties'--why would you want to let illegals come on in? and then protect them??
                        Why do they protect them?

A. It's out of the goodness of their heart.

B. Votes.
                        {}

"Any story sounds true until someone tells the other side and sets the record straight." -Proverbs 18:17

Comment

Originally posted by BorderRuffian View Post
                          Why do they protect them?

A. It's out of the goodness of their heart.

B. Votes.
                          thanks for reply
                          C. they're dumb ?

D. ???

the illegals can't vote , can they? --unless down they road they become citizens...? but they do get votes from recent immigrant citizens [hispanics/etc ] that sympathize with the illegals ...? family members ..?

..I'm wondering what the % of Americans who want them is vs not want them--
                          probably the way the country voted--Midwest [ except heavily illegal/immigrant ''leftist' Chicago ] is anti-illegal
                          heavy illegal-immigrant/ leftists NYork and California is pro-illegal

According to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), an estimated 2,830,000 unlawful immigrants resided in California in 2012, compared to 1.5 million in 1990 and 2.5 million in 2000. This number represents 24.7 percent of the entire estimated unlawful immigrant population in the United States
                          http://www.laalmanac.com/immigration/im04a.htm

----obviously--they take up jobs, so many ''lefties'' can't want them--however, some ''lefties'' hate the US so much, it clouds their thinking

do they realize illegals are a security problem?

Comment

Along the Border with Mexico, illegals have been voting for years! Democratic Machines would organize transport to bring them over just to vote! It is easier to register to vote in some states than others. Nowadays illegals are showing up to vote in many states that are far away from the border.

Texas keeps asking me if I want to register to vote. I still vote in Louisiana. I bet I could vote in both states if I wanted to, but I try to have a little integrity. Old fashioned, I guess...

Pruitt
                            Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

now Trump wants to cut funding for NPR, PBS, , NEA, etc!!
                              yes yes yes! this should've been done years ago [ which I've been saying for a lot of Trump policies ]
                              how come the other POTUSs didn't do this??

Trump = common sense ...
                              all this wasted taxpayer money for crap..it is undeniably waste
                              not only wasted, but NPR was super anti-''right'' and right ..constant anti-''right''-right stories
                              NPR was getting federal money for spewing anti-''right''-right crap
                              the NEA should never have been established....like obama established obamacare that cost US taxpayers

please stop the ridiculous establishment of tax-wasting laws/programs/etc while we're in huge, debilitating debt
                              Last edited by Moulin; 16 Mar 17, 17:42.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X