X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salinator
    replied
    Originally posted by Surrey View Post
    Seems a very light sentence for murder. On average it is 15 years before the first parole hearing in the UK.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_i...land_and_Wales
    But prison in the UK is equivalent to a college dorm room.

Leave a comment:

• Savez
    replied
    Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
    To each his own, but I would. The flag represents division and those who fly it refuse to accept that we are now united under a single flag. In regards to history or heritage, the American flag encompasses ALL of our history, north and south. There's no need for the confederate flag aside from wanting to be a degenerate.
    That flag represents a whole lot more than division but I wouldn't expect a progressive to understand that.

Leave a comment:

• Savez
    replied
    Originally posted by Salinator View Post
    Yes. But twenty years? People have gotten less than that for actually killing people.
    If you choose to be stupid, you better be tough.

Leave a comment:

• 82redleg
    replied
    Seems a very light sentence for murder. On average it is 15 years before the first parole hearing in the UK.
    The USian criminal justice system is a farce.

Leave a comment:

• Surrey
    replied
    Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
    There is a vast gap between sentence and served.

Last I checked the average murderer served 8 calendar years in prison, barring a violation of their parole or 'super intensive supervision program'.

With Bobo letting hardcore organized crime types go, the last eight years haven't exactly been stellar ones for keeping the bad guys behind bars.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_i...land_and_Wales

Leave a comment:

• Arnold J Rimmer
    replied
    Originally posted by slick24 View Post
    I agree. Murderers, big time drug traffickers and child rapists should get longer sentences.
    There is a vast gap between sentence and served.

Last I checked the average murderer served 8 calendar years in prison, barring a violation of their parole or 'super intensive supervision program'.

With Bobo letting hardcore organized crime types go, the last eight years haven't exactly been stellar ones for keeping the bad guys behind bars.

Leave a comment:

• slick24
    replied
    Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
    And the sentences are IMHO ludicrous.

Murderers, drug traffickers, and child rapists regularly get lower sentences.
    I agree. Murderers, big time drug traffickers and child rapists should get longer sentences.

Leave a comment:

• BorderRuffian
    replied
    To each his own, but I would. The flag represents division and those who fly it refuse to accept that we are now united under a single flag. In regards to history or heritage, the American flag encompasses ALL of our history, north and south. There's no need for the confederate flag aside from wanting to be a degenerate.
    I see why you prefer only one flag...

Leave a comment:

• Arnold J Rimmer
    replied
    Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
    Quite.

Jail time is perfectly acceptable and just. Going armed to the terror of the public, communicating threats, and so on. And I'm fine with it being aggravated by having some sort of 'pseudo-political' message attached to it.

But the hysteria is laughable.

The appeal process is looking profitable for them.

Leave a comment:

• TactiKill J.
    replied
    Originally posted by BorderRuffian View Post
    Recently I saw a black man driving a truck with a big-azz Confederate flag flying on the back. I did not think of him as a "degenerate coward"

Leave a comment:

• TacCovert4
    replied
    Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
    The article is long on drama and short on facts.
    Quite.

Jail time is perfectly acceptable and just. Going armed to the terror of the public, communicating threats, and so on. And I'm fine with it being aggravated by having some sort of 'pseudo-political' message attached to it.

But the hysteria is laughable.

Leave a comment:

• BorderRuffian
    replied
    People still flying that flag are degenerate cowards...
    Waving the flag merits a few months...
    Recently I saw a black man driving a truck with a big-azz Confederate flag flying on the back. I did not think of him as a "degenerate coward" (he's probably much the opposite) nor do I think he should go to jail for two months. Also, I was not terrorized.

The Douglasville bunch got in trouble because of trespassing and making threats with guns (while intoxicated). The flags didn't do anything. If they had just drove on by they would not be in trouble.

Leave a comment:

• Arnold J Rimmer
    replied
    Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
    It takes a lot of guts to intimidate a child at their birthday party.
    Better take a shotgun just in case the little rascals counter attack....
    This bunch are too stupid to be allowed in public.
    The article is long on drama and short on facts.

Leave a comment:

• slick24
    replied
    People ride around with the Stars and Bars frequently here in the small town I live in. I don't do it, but that is my choice. I see no problem if someone wants to do it as long as they DO NOT infringe upon anyone else rights or try to use it to intimidate\scare other people. I understand that some people view it as part of their southern heritage and they are free to do that as far as I am concerned.

I think the sentences were appropriate since the perps were waving shotguns around and threatening innocent people. We need to get idiots like that off the streets. Drunk is not an excuse.

Leave a comment:

• craven
    replied
    Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
    It takes a lot of guts to intimidate a child at their birthday party.
    Better take a shotgun just in case the little rascals counter attack....
    This bunch are too stupid to be allowed in public.
    I am good with 20 years for terrorizing kids.

Hopefully we caught them before they had kids.

Even without the shotgun I am good with 20 years. Or some form of public humiliation and honest contrition

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X