Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by craven View Post
    actually not you

but maybe other posters on this forum. Just because the same tech to collect foreign intel is usuable against you does not mean it is used against you.

Or would you rather we get rid of the CIA or NSA
    We've done just fine without the NSA, we don't need them. The problem prior is that our agencies weren't sharing information nor heeding warnings, we didn't need to create the NSA to solve those issues.
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
    - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
      Is it time to reign in the CIA and the twenty or more other secret agencies that spy on each of us every day for no apparent reason and without any justifiable reason and without any constitutional right to do so?

Just saying….Our founding fathers would have revolted already.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/wik...des/ar-AAnYGpS
      If this is really so, the "Deep State" will likely be on to your plans before you are, and could get yourselves organized. De-funding or reduced funding may not affect the ones spying on 'we the people' or obstructing the plans and actions of the new Administration.

Aluminum foil hat moment is the claim by some that it was planned reigning in of the CIA that got JFK shot.
      TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

Where does it say it cant.

Supreme Court rulings have numerous times said this information is no protected by privacy since you put it in a public space. (couldn't think of a better term)
        The Constitution gives no authority to any government agency to collect our correspondence. Sharing information on a public forum such as this website is one thing. The NSA program allows the agency to collect phone conversations and emails and store them to be used against you at anytime they chose.
        The Gestopo would be very proud of their understudies at the NSA.
        The NSA was not established to gather intelligence on our citizens, nor was the CiA, the FBI however has authority to investigate criminal activities inside our borders, but they need a warrant to eavesdrop on US citizens. This terrible ruling allows a government agency to collect data without a warrant and then get one if they find something. Or after they edit the data and place what they want in it.
        The question for you is why are you so willing to give up your rights and freedoms and forfeit the protections granted by the founders?
        The Supreme Court has made some very bad decisions, this is one of them.
        You would go along with anything the Supreme Court says because they are the black robe gang?
        Dread Scott ?
        Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
        Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
          We've done just fine without the NSA, we don't need them. The problem prior is that our agencies weren't sharing information nor heeding warnings, we didn't need to create the NSA to solve those issues.
          actually the NSA has been around for a long time

November*4, 1952; 64 years ago according to wiki

All the intel agencies have different roles The NSA use to be more behind the scenes than now

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
            The Constitution gives no authority to any government agency to collect our correspondence. Sharing information on a public forum such as this website is one thing. The NSA program allows the agency to collect phone conversations and emails and store them to be used against you at anytime they chose.
            The Gestopo would be very proud of their understudies at the NSA.
            The NSA was not established to gather intelligence on our citizens, nor was the CiA, the FBI however has authority to investigate criminal activities inside our borders, but they need a warrant to eavesdrop on US citizens. This terrible ruling allows a government agency to collect data without a warrant and then get one if they find something. Or after they edit the data and place what they want in it.
            The question for you is why are you so willing to give up your rights and freedoms and forfeit the protections granted by the founders?
            The Supreme Court has made some very bad decisions, this is one of them.
            You would go along with anything the Supreme Court says because they are the black robe gang?
            Dread Scott ?
            you start off wrong you haven't listened to what I said. emails and wireless information is not considered correspondence.

to get the protection you want in regards to correspondence you have to use snail mail btw I think the govt can still track who you sent stuff to (could be wrong though) and land line with a phone that actually has the handset connected to the phone.

I chose to give up those writes when I got an email account knowing full well that there was no right

I chose to give up privacy the moment I started to use phone that does not secure communications. ie anything broadcasted through the air.

So did you btw read through the clauses in your email account where they say they will use the data.

I disagreed with the Rulings that made it legal but complaining about it without forcing congress to go back and fix the loop holes created in the 90s

btw cell phone data will never be considered private since anyone can go to radio shack and get the equipment to listen in.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Email_privacy

The real-time interception of contents of electronic communication is prohibited under the wiretap act,[12] while the Pen Register Act [12] provides protection for the interception of the non-content part of the electronic communication. The "From" and "To" fields along with the IP address of the sender/receiver have been considered as non-content information,[13] while the subject has been considered as the content.[14] Once the email is stored on a computer (email server/user computer), it is protected from unauthorized access under the Stored Communications Act (Title II of Electronic Communications Privacy Act).[15]
            After 180 days in the U.S., email messages stored on a third party server lose their status as a protected communication under the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, and become just another database record.[12][16] After this time has passed, a government agency needs only a subpoena—instead of a warrant—in order to access email from a provider. However, if the emails are stored on a user's personal computer instead of a server, then that would require the police to still obtain a warrant first to seize the contents. This has been criticized to be an obsolete law; at the time this law was written, infinite storage at webmail servers was not available. In 2013 members of the U.S. Congress proposed to reform this procedure.[17
            there is another case out there that gave rights to email providers to use the data from your emails for marketing purposes yadda yadda

btw that why if you set up your own email server you gain more protections because no third party has access to your account.

Comment

you start off wrong you haven't listened to what I said. emails and wireless information is not considered correspondence.

to get the protection you want in regards to correspondence you have to use snail mail btw I think the govt can still track who you sent stuff to (could be wrong though) and land line with a phone that actually has the handset connected to the phone.

I chose to give up those writes when I got an email account knowing full well that there was no right

I chose to give up privacy the moment I started to use phone that does not secure communications. ie anything broadcasted through the air.

So did you btw read through the clauses in your email account where they say they will use the data.

I disagreed with the Rulings that made it legal but complaining about it without forcing congress to go back and fix the loop holes created in the 90s

btw cell phone data will never be considered private since anyone can go to radio shack and get the equipment to listen in.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Email_privacy

there is another case out there that gave rights to email providers to use the data from your emails for marketing purposes yadda yadda

btw that why if you set up your own email server you gain more protections because no third party has access to your account.
              I understand exactly what you are saying and as of now there is no protection for electronic communication,
              How is that working out for everyone?
              I want protection from national threats, but as I understand it, the CIA and the NSA were not formed to spy on the citizens of the US. So the USSC may have concluded we don't have any protection for electronic communications. The question should be where did the NSA get authority to spy on us?
              so let me ask you directly,
              Can you name one founding father that would approve of a US espionage agency spying on US citizens?
              Last edited by Urban hermit; 14 Mar 17, 11:17.
              Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
              Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X