Canada's FM: Russia may try to destabilize Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canada's FM: Russia may try to destabilize Canada

My hero, Canadian Foreign Minister Chrystia Freeland, today gave notice that Canadians should be prepared for Russian attempts to destabilize Canada's Political system. Chrystia remains on the banned list to visit Russia, which she states is "a badge of honour" and she refused a offer by Russia to reverse the ban if Canada relaxed sanctions. She is also author of the" Sale of the Century", a 2000 book about Russia's journey from communism to capitalism. She is fluent in Russian and Ukrainian along with a few other languages including French, of course. Canada also renewed it's commitment today to the Ukraine to continue it's program to train the military in the Ukraine. Bravo I say. Here is the article:

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2017/03..._15190474.html

Actually a little destabilisation from Moscow might result in an improvement down here.
    "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
    Samuel Johnson.

Comment

Originally posted by BELGRAVE View Post
      Actually a little destabilisation from Moscow might result in an improvement down here.
      I've been following the Abbott / Turnbull feud, a little. Don't let people here know they are Liberals, because they might think they are liberals.

Comment

And here I thought the greatest threat to Canada was Gorebal Warming...

Comment

Canada: Moscow's appetizer.
          I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

I suspect Putin is miffed about the participation of Canadian troops in leading a NATO mission to Latvia.
            "Never argue with an idiot. They'll just drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience" George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
              Canada: Moscow's appetizer.
              Before their big meal?

Comment

Originally posted by Reimnitz View Post
                I suspect Putin is miffed about the participation of Canadian troops in leading a NATO mission to Latvia.
                I suspect so, the NATO "trip wire" with Canada leading troops from Albania, Italy, Latvia, Poland and Slovenia. Putin can't be too happy with the German led mission to Lithuania either, containing troops from Netherlands, Belgium, Norway and Luxembourg.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparlingo View Post
                  I suspect so, the NATO "trip wire" with Canada leading troops from Albania, Italy, Latvia, Poland and Slovenia. Putin can't be too happy with the German led mission to Lithuania either, containing troops from Netherlands, Belgium, Norway and Luxembourg.

Germany, U.S. and the U.K. are leading similar missions in Lithuania, Poland and Estonia, respectively. Putin is concerned, as he should be.
                  "Never argue with an idiot. They'll just drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience" George Carlin

Comment

Germany, U.S. and the U.K. are leading similar missions in Lithuania, Poland and Estonia, respectively. Putin is concerned, as he should be.
                    Can you blame him?
                    "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Sparlingo View Post

With the implied threat from President Trump on withdrawing from the alliance, Canada may be asked to lead more missions.

Comment

With the implied threat from President Trump on withdrawing from the alliance, Canada may be asked to lead more missions.
                        I for one would like to see us get military spending up to 2% of GNP.

Comment

Canada's FM: Russia may try to destabilize Canada
                          If success has many fathers, paranoia has many offspring..

Comment

How exactly would you destabilize Canada?

I mean seriously, if the winters can't cause revolution or migration, what chance do the Russians have?
                            Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

She's a whack job and the Conservative party won't cooperate with the Russians and the one method Russians like to use is to flood Internet forums with their trolls it's very easy to know it's a Russian troll after trying to convince others that Russia is right in whatever's being discussed one ended a discussion once with "Have a nice materialistic day".

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X