Chump cluelessness on healthcare cracks up Sanders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chump cluelessness on healthcare cracks up Sanders

Gee, it turns out that healthcare is complicated. Whould'a thunk it?

The Chump is *SO* clueless.

From http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7604096.html

Senator Bernie Sanders has burst into laughter during a live TV interview after being told Donald Trump claimed that no one knew how complicated America’s healthcare system is.
    "I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. I just kiss. I don't even wait. You can do anything... Grab them by the [redacted]. You can do anything."
    -The President of the United States of America.

Originally posted by armor11 View Post
    Gee, it turns out that healthcare is complicated. Whould'a thunk it?

The Chump is *SO* clueless.

From http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7604096.html
    Senator Bernie Sanders has burst into laughter during a live TV interview after being told Donald Trump claimed that no one knew how complicated America’s healthcare system is.
    According to then-Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (CA-D) Sen Sanders voted for a bill without knowing what was in it.

I'm no fan of Pres Trump, and I didn't vote for him, but if you're going to criticize him over this, then you have to criticize the whole lot of them who pretty much said the same thing -- and that includes a lot of leading Democrats.
    I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Well, Trump hasn't added a several thousand page bill to the system like Obama did with Obamacare, and then dumped thousands more pages of regulations on top of that to the system.

And, I agree with Slick... Pelosi is the poster child of clueless when it comes to healthcare / insurance... and just about anything else too.

Comment

Sanders is lucky to remember his pants. Who knows why he laughs?
        Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

He discovered that his Depends were still dry?
          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            He discovered that his Depends were still dry?
            Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Sanders is just another incompetent career politician who got bought off and is still trying to feed at the trough by giving what other people have created away to people who are neither deserving or capable of putting it to good use.
              We hunt the hunters

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
                Sanders is just another incompetent career politician who got bought off and is still trying to feed at the trough by giving what other people have created away to people who are neither deserving or capable of putting it to good use.
                So that third home and expensive sports car he bought after losing the candidacy to S'Hillary means he was bought off?!

The guy whom never had a real, decent paying job until he got into politics?
                TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                  Well, Trump hasn't added a several thousand page bill to the system like Obama did with Obamacare, and then dumped thousands more pages of regulations on top of that to the system.
                  Uhh...the President of the United States doesn't add anything to a bill. It's the Legislative Branch that creates legislation.

The Predator elect didn't realize that healthcare was complicated. How idiotic can you get? Oh, I suppose it's almost as idiotic as claiming that Obama wasn't born in this country, spend years promoting the claim, and then complain about "fake news" when you achieve the Presidency.
                  "I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. I just kiss. I don't even wait. You can do anything... Grab them by the [redacted]. You can do anything."

Comment

Uhh...the President of the United States doesn't add anything to a bill. It's the Legislative Branch that creates legislation.
                    But, the President often sets the agenda, as did Obama in this case. He let Congress... a Democrat controlled Congress... carry out the execution. That the legislation almost failed, and Obama was unable to convince a single Republican to vote for it, not to mention that the Democrats in Congress locked the Republicans out of committee in drafting it, was one of the major causes of this legislation's failure.
                    That is singularly unprecedented in modern Congressional history. There has never been another bill that imposed such a great change on America as Obamacare did that was passed with just one party writing the bill largely in secret, then forcing it through to a vote on entirely party lines.
                    The result has been disastrous. Obamacare has failed in its entirety. It has not significantly lowered the number of uninsured in the US. It has imposed massive financial burdens on everyone. It hasn't accomplished any of its stated goals, and in many cases has done exactly the opposite of what was intended. It was and is a disaster.

The Predator elect didn't realize that healthcare was complicated. How idiotic can you get? Oh, I suppose it's almost as idiotic as claiming that Obama wasn't born in this country, spend years promoting the claim, and then complain about "fake news" when you achieve the Presidency.
                    Maybe he should have. That's the problem here. Obama and the Democrats wanted an outcome. What they didn't have was any sort of consensus. So, they cobbled a bill together that would get passed. It barely survived a Supreme Court challenge.
                    I have zero doubt that the Democrats expected that problems, even disastrously serious problems, could or would be ironed out with future legislation to "fix" the problems with the bill.

That is, they wanted a national health insurance / care program in place however pathetically bad it might be because their intent was it would be expanded and fixed in future legislation.

Instead, they got a program so awfully bad, so pathetic, so poorly planned, that it is self destructing and the Republicans are going to have little difficulty tossing the whole mess out. What the Democrats are hoping is that in doing so they can somehow force the Republicans to replace their disastrous bill with something else that preserves a national health insurance plan.

Comment

And it is the executive branch that controls regulation.
                      The IRS has added thousands of pages to the initial page count.
                      Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                        That the legislation almost failed, and Obama was unable to convince a single Republican to vote for it, not to mention that the Democrats in Congress locked the Republicans out of committee in drafting it, was one of the major causes of this legislation's failure.
                        The legislation is not a failure, you just think it is.

But a big part of the reasons that it has more issues than it should is because the Republican party has been attempting, on purely ideological grounds, to eviscerate the entire bill from day one. And they have been successful at removing some key foundations that were designed to make it more cost effective and successful.

Now, in spite of the Republican party, the ACA has come to the rescue of tens millions of Americans. Tens of millions. That means nothing to you, I know, but it means a whole lot to millions of other Americans that understand that there is a serious problem with the way healthcare was delivered before the ACA. Healthcare before the ACA was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more dysfunctional than healthcare after the ACA.

But I wouldn't expect the Republican party to give a crap about healthcare. They don't give a crap about anything except maintaining their power base. The power to do nothing.

Comment

The legislation is not a failure, you just think it is.

But a big part of the reasons that it has more issues than it should is because the Republican party has been attempting, on purely ideological grounds, to eviscerate the entire bill from day one. And they have been successful at removing some key foundations that were designed to make it more cost effective and successful.

Now, in spite of the Republican party, the ACA has come to the rescue of tens millions of Americans. Tens of millions. That means nothing to you, I know, but it means a whole lot to millions of other Americans that understand that there is a serious problem with the way healthcare was delivered before the ACA. Healthcare before the ACA was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more dysfunctional than healthcare after the ACA.

But I wouldn't expect the Republican party to give a crap about healthcare. They don't give a crap about anything except maintaining their power base. The power to do nothing.
                          One of my largest complaints about the political Left of this nation is they can rarely engage in precise language and concepts. Unfortunately, the Right too often plays the game as well.

To be specific;

Health Care = An idividual's lifestyle, in terms of diet, exercise, healthy/unhealthy habits that affect their health.

Medical Care = Professional services and procedures used whne an individual's "Health Care" fails to prevent or cure illness/injury.

Medical Insurance = A consumer product using a collective of funding to provide payment of a portion (or all) of a person's medical/dental service needs.

So far, ACA has caused Medical Insurance availability to be reduced in many parts/markets of the nation and caused that which remains to increase premiums, in some cases by 50-100% or more.

ACA has not increased the number or quality of medical professionals and the services they can offer, if anything, it has caused some to leave the profession and others to have to "ration" the servies they can provide.

ACA is a huge boondoggle in need of a ground up elimination and redo.
                          TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

...the Predator elect didn't realize that healthcare was complicated. How idiotic can you get?...
                            I've got to give The Donald a break on this one. He admitted he had not previously realized how complicated the issue is. Now he knows and has owned up to it. Ignorance does not equate to idiocy. Bernie only chuckled after being told what The Donald had said. He was not being derisive of The Donald.

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
                              Health Care = An idividual's lifestyle, in terms of diet, exercise, healthy/unhealthy habits that affect their health.
                              I'm talking about the Healthare system as a whole. The cost, availability and delivery mechanisms of medical treatment in this country.

As the Chump himself recently discovered, that's a complicated matter.

The ACA was designed to address a number of issues with our current healthcare system:

1) Availabilty.
                              2) Cost.
                              3) Quality.

All of those issues were tied directly to the nature of obtaining health insurance. That's because health insurance is absolutely fundamental to anyone that needs any kind of serious medical treatment. Without insurance, the cost of medical treatment skyrockets and the practical availability of treatment for people of lesser means is essentially nil.

So a fundamental aspect of the ACA was to ensure that everyone could get health insurance. If everyone has it, then the costs will go down, or at least go up more slowly. That's the way insurance works. It's no different than the requirement for automobile insurance that is required by, I'm guessing, every state in the union.

The quality of medical care is another fundamental aspect of a healthy healthcare system. But there is more to it than just the quality of the healthcare practitioner. (Another "complication," I know.) Many diseases are treated more effectively and with less cost with early detection. So the insurance plans that were required by the ACA included preventative care. And yes, those plans are more expensive than plans without them, but it prevents huge medical costs in the long term. And that's the whole point.

The ACA also removed the burden of insurance for young adults that are just trying to get their feet set on a career path by allowing them to stay on their parents health plans until age 26. Again, that worked like a charm.

Those are just a few examples of how the ACA addressed systemic issues in our healthcare system. And it worked. It solved many, many, many healthcare problems for tens of millions of Americans. That's just a fact.

If people are serious about reforming the ACA, then let's hear some serious proposals.

Incidentally, even Chump himself has said repeatedly that everyone will have insurance in *his* plan. Everyone. Let's see if he was lying about that...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X