Catholic Church Caves In To Pedophile Priests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catholic Church Caves In To Pedophile Priests

Front page news in the Sunday paper - Pope Francis has decided not to pursue pedophile priests - federal felons - but to "show a spirit of mercy and compassion".

Where is the "mercy and compassion" for the victims?

And people wonder why I am agnostic.
    The real question is why anyone is Catholic.
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Our own news outlets in the USA are practicing bigotry against Catholics. Would other religious groups in the USA face such an attack?

I have found one other paper reporting what your local paper reported. You have to ask yourself mountain man has the media ever got it wrong, and the answer is yes. Simply put, the Pope and therefore the Church does not condone any kind of abuse against civilians,

http://www.catholic.org/news/interna...y.php?id=50401

But a headline including Pope Francis and pedophile will draw plenty of attention. And will also serve to undermine the war against ISIL...ISIL will attempt to latch on to this type of anti Catholic propaganda in your local news paper mountain man....saying look at how ugly the west is.

Not to mention some of the news outlets are attempting to get good people like you mountain man to dislike your own Catholic ancestors. Catholics will tell you that any Priest or Bishop who harms an innocent must be brought to justice, imprisoned if you will. And any Catholic who engages in covering up abuses of fellow humans should also be charged as an accessory to the crime, the vast majority of Catholics will tell you this. As I and others have showed in threads here on ACG, various teachings and documents from the 2000 year history of the Catholic Church forbids any man regardless of their wealth or social status of committing wrongdoings to fellow men.

There are over 1 billion Catholics worldwide and Catholicism produced armies that would go on to support our ancestors. Criticism of the Catholic Church won't accomplish much considering the strong positions Catholics hold worldwide as head of nations, as leading Generals in the armies of nations... As you know much of Europe of the middle ages was Catholic.
    Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
    Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Front page news in the Sunday paper - Pope Francis has decided not to pursue pedophile priests - federal felons - but to "show a spirit of mercy and compassion".

I actually agree with you here.....

I believe Jesus outlined the punishment personally.

"If any one offendeth these little ones, better that a millstone be hanged about his neck and he be cast into the depths of the sea."
      Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post
        Our own news outlets in the USA are practicing bigotry against Catholics. Would other religious groups in the USA face such an attack?

I have found one other paper reporting what your local paper reported. You have to ask yourself mountain man has the media ever got it wrong, and the answer is yes. Simply put, the Pope and therefore the Church does not condone any kind of abuse against civilians,

http://www.catholic.org/news/interna...y.php?id=50401

But a headline including Pope Francis and pedophile will draw plenty of attention. And will also serve to undermine the war against ISIL...ISIL will attempt to latch on to this type of anti Catholic propaganda in your local news paper mountain man....saying look at how ugly the west is.

Not to mention some of the news outlets are attempting to get good people like you mountain man to dislike your own Catholic ancestors. Catholics will tell you that any Priest or Bishop who harms an innocent must be brought to justice, imprisoned if you will. And any Catholic who engages in covering up abuses of fellow humans should also be charged as an accessory to the crime, the vast majority of Catholics will tell you this. As I and others have showed in threads here on ACG, various teachings and documents from the 2000 year history of the Catholic Church forbids any man regardless of their wealth or social status of committing wrongdoings to fellow men.

There are over 1 billion Catholics worldwide and Catholicism produced armies that would go on to support our ancestors. Criticism of the Catholic Church won't accomplish much considering the strong positions Catholics hold worldwide as head of nations, as leading Generals in the armies of nations... As you know much of Europe of the middle ages was Catholic.
        Since the Catholic Church is the only one with a history of actively tolerating and protecting pedophiles, your question is moot.

The newspaper in question is the Pueblo Chieftain, Pueblo being predominantly Hispanic and predominantly Catholic, and entirely against pedophilia.

Incidentally, under all known laws, the Pope has become an accessory to these sexual crimes involving children, making him a felon as well.

The only acceptable path is to cast these perverts out of the Church entirely and into the prisons where they belong. Nothing else is morally, ethically, religiously or legally acceptable.

Comment

Given that:

Pope Francis has a favors LGBT political positions

http://time.com/3975630/pope-francis-lgbt-issues/

And, that much of the pedophilia going on in the world is committed by male homosexuals,

I'd say that his position is in line with his Progressive and often Leftist world views.

Comment

From what I've read at a couple of different sites, this has nothing to do with any criminal charges but only what punishment the Church itself can dole out. Not saying that I agree with it, but the title is slightly misleading.

Comment

The Catholic Church has a long history of protecting child abusers - do you have a link to this most recent episode?
              "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Comment

Originally posted by johns624 View Post
                From what I've read at a couple of different sites, this has nothing to do with any criminal charges but only what punishment the Church itself can dole out. Not saying that I agree with it, but the title is slightly misleading.
                No, it isn't. The Pope stated very firmly that he would rid the church of pedophiles, but now goes back on his sworn statement and continues the policy of sheltering felons of the worst kind.

In order to honor the so-called "word of God", the church has no option byt to remove any priest guilty of sexual crimes against children, so why don;t they? The only viable answer is because they have even worse secrets that they must also hide.

Anyone who supports a church that supports pedophilia is equally guilty in my world.

Comment

No, it isn't. The Pope stated very firmly that he would rid the church of pedophiles, but now goes back on his sworn statement and continues the policy of sheltering felons of the worst kind.

In order to honor the so-called "word of God", the church has no option byt to remove any priest guilty of sexual crimes against children, so why don;t they? The only viable answer is because they have even worse secrets that they must also hide.

Anyone who supports a church that supports pedophilia is equally guilty in my world.
                  Did you even read the article? He is not sheltering them. Criminal penalties aren't even mentioned. He just stated that instead of kicking them out of the church, they can stay in but will be nonpracticing.

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/02/25...ers-sanctions/

Comment

Originally posted by johns624 View Post
                    Did you even read the article? He is not sheltering them. Criminal penalties aren't even mentioned. He just stated that instead of kicking them out of the church, they can stay in but will be nonpracticing.

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/02/25...ers-sanctions/
                    Francis gives the impression that he sees child rape as a minor musdeminor, something so minor that he is happy for priests to continue being priests despite their crimes.

The article says that Francis has had had no experience of child abusing priests as there haven't been any in Argentina. It is extremely unlikely that there have been no child abusing priests in Argentina, why should Rgintine priests be different from priests elsewhere? Much more likely that their crimes have been hidden by Francis himself.
                    "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Comment

Hahahahahahahahahah!

You just elected a President that wants to ban Muslims from entering the country.

And don't reply. I have experienced and seen the affects of child sexual abuse. It's an echo chamber that never goes quiet.

Ever
                      Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

[FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]Since the Catholic Church is the only one with a history of actively tolerating and protecting pedophiles, your question is moot.
                        Wrong. Protestants, Jews, and Muslims all do the same. And every other God loves us botherer.

We have a Royal Commission into this going on right now. It's endemic. It's bad men doing bad things under the cloak of 'I've got God on the speed dial'.

All religions cover this stuff because opening up means less in the collection plate.

That said I'd like to see a day those back crows all danced from lampposts
                        Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

Originally posted by Rojik View Post
                          Wrong. Protestants, Jews, and Muslims all do the same. And every other God loves us botherer.

We have a Royal Commission into this going on right now. It's endemic. It's bad men doing bad things under the cloak of 'I've got God on the speed dial'.

All religions cover this stuff because opening up means less in the collection plate.

That said I'd like to see a day those back crows all danced from lampposts
                          Respectfully disagree. Plenty of us religious folks have no tolerance for this behavior.
                          A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by Rojik View Post
                            Hahahahahahahahahah!

You just elected a President that wants to ban Muslims from entering the country.

And don't reply. I have experienced and seen the affects of child sexual abuse. It's an echo chamber that never goes quiet.

Ever
                            Trump has not banned Muslims from entering the USA though...and it was not clear he wanted to in the first place.

The Catholic Church in no way endorses or protects any sort of criminals.
                            Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
                            Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

Trump has not banned Muslims from entering the USA though...and it was not clear he wanted to in the first place.

The Catholic Church in no way endorses or protects any sort of criminals.
                              The Vatican engaging in pedophile shuffling is well documented.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pari...busive_priests
                              A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X