Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Making America 'Great' Again...or Not'

Borrowed from a friend: Funny and true:

I can't believe I'm saying this, but it looks like Trump is actually making America great again. Just look at the progress made since the election:
    1. Unprecedented levels of ongoing civic engagement.

2. Millions of Americans now know who their state and federal representatives are without having to google.

3. Millions of Americans are exercising more. They're holding signs and marching every week.

4. Alec Baldwin is great again. Everyone's forgotten he's kind of a jerk.

5. The Postal Service is enjoying the influx cash due to stamps purchased by millions of people for letter and postcard campaigns.

6. Likewise, the pharmaceutical industry is enjoying record growth in sales of anti-depressants.

7. Millions of Americans now know how to call their elected officials and know exactly what to say to be effective.

8. Footage of town hall meetings is now entertaining.

9. Tens of millions of people are now correctly spelling words like emoluments, narcissist, fascist, misogynist, holocaust and cognitive dissonance.

10. Everyone knows more about the rise of Hitler than they did last year.

11. Everyone knows more about legislation, branches of power and how checks and balances work.

12. Marginalized groups are experiencing a surge in white allies.

13. White people in record numbers have just learned that racism is not dead. (See #6)

14. White people in record numbers also finally understand that Obamacare IS the Affordable Care Act.

15. Stephen Colbert's "Late Night" finally gained the elusive #1 spot in late night talk shows, and Seth Meyers is finding his footing as today's Jon Stewart.

16. "Mike Pence" has donated millions of dollars to Planned Parenthood since Nov. 9th.

17. Melissa FREAKING McCarthy.

18. Travel ban protesters put $24 million into ACLU coffers in just 48 hours, enabling them to hire 200 more attorneys. Lawyers are now heroes.

19. As people seek veracity in their news sources, respected news outlets are happily reporting a substantial increase in subscriptions, a boon to a struggling industry vital to our democracy.

20. Live streaming court cases and congressional sessions are now as popular as the Kardashians.

21. Massive cleanup of facebook friend lists.

22. People are reading classic literature again. Sales of George Orwell's "1984" increased by 10,000% after the inauguration. (Yes, that is true. 10,000%. 9th grade Lit teachers all over the country are now rock stars.)

23. More than ever before, Americans are aware that education is important. Like, super important.

24. Now, more than anytime in history, everyone believes that anyone can be President. Seriously, anyone.
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Originally posted by Massena View Post

I can't believe I'm saying this, but it looks like Trump is actually making America great again. Just look at the progress made since the election:

24. Now, more than anytime in history, everyone believes that anyone can be President. Seriously, anyone.

Well, anyone but Hillary.
    Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p7Y9-9flsog

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
          Amen to that!
          BoRG
          "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

To the rise of American exceptionalism.

Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

1. Unprecedented levels of ongoing civic engagement.

2. Millions of Americans now know who their state and federal representatives are without having to google.

3. Millions of Americans are exercising more. They're holding signs and marching every week.

4. Alec Baldwin is great again. Everyone's forgotten he's kind of a jerk.

5. The Postal Service is enjoying the influx cash due to stamps purchased by millions of people for letter and postcard campaigns.

6. Likewise, the pharmaceutical industry is enjoying record growth in sales of anti-depressants.

7. Millions of Americans now know how to call their elected officials and know exactly what to say to be effective.

8. Footage of town hall meetings is now entertaining.

9. Tens of millions of people are now correctly spelling words like emoluments, narcissist, fascist, misogynist, holocaust and cognitive dissonance.

10. Everyone knows more about the rise of Hitler than they did last year.

11. Everyone knows more about legislation, branches of power and how checks and balances work.

12. Marginalized groups are experiencing a surge in white allies.

13. White people in record numbers have just learned that racism is not dead. (See #6)

14. White people in record numbers also finally understand that Obamacare IS the Affordable Care Act.

15. Stephen Colbert's "Late Night" finally gained the elusive #1 spot in late night talk shows, and Seth Meyers is finding his footing as today's Jon Stewart.

16. "Mike Pence" has donated millions of dollars to Planned Parenthood since Nov. 9th.

17. Melissa FREAKING McCarthy.

18. Travel ban protesters put $24 million into ACLU coffers in just 48 hours, enabling them to hire 200 more attorneys. Lawyers are now heroes.

19. As people seek veracity in their news sources, respected news outlets are happily reporting a substantial increase in subscriptions, a boon to a struggling industry vital to our democracy.

20. Live streaming court cases and congressional sessions are now as popular as the Kardashians.

21. Massive cleanup of facebook friend lists.

22. People are reading classic literature again. Sales of George Orwell's "1984" increased by 10,000% after the inauguration. (Yes, that is true. 10,000%. 9th grade Lit teachers all over the country are now rock stars.)

23. More than ever before, Americans are aware that education is important. Like, super important.

But you hate him, so why post this?
              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                *Facepalm*
                Indyref2 - still, "Yes."

Comment

As I have posted before, I don't hate anyone.

I leave that to you and your ilk.
                  We are not now that strength which in old days
                  Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                  Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                  To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by the ace View Post
                    *Facepalm*
                    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Because down deep, it is not hate, but love that he feels. The love that dare not speak its name.

Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

This forum is rapidly descending into anarchy, personal feuds and petty - and not so petty - squabbles that out to embarrass all of us. I know I'm embarrassed. WE sued to be a like-minded group of people holding discussions, sometime "spirited" but not mean and ugly the way we have become now.

The first thing we have to do is to start using specific language. We have fooled ourselves into using terminology designed to hide true meanings, confuse facts and deflect questions.

Example: "undocumented immigrant":. No such animal. An immigrant is someone legally applying for entry, and is fully documented. No papers? Didn't come here legally, did you?

Same for "immigrant" to conceal the fact that a person is no such thing, but has literally sneaked into our country at night like a thief, to take as much as possible from us for his own benefit and then sneak out again.

Same for the rest of the terminology being so casually thrown around, nationally, locally and right here on this forum. When you use a term, do you actually understand the true definition of that term? If not, why didn't you look it up instead of misusing it? Liberals? Neocons? Lefties? Righties? Refugees? By what specific definition?

Next, we have to start asking serious questions, and not stop until we get intelligent answers.

Example: To the best of my knowledge, in the entire time I have been a member of this forum, I am the only one who constantly asks WHY? WHY is the Mexican economy a shambles? WHY can't South America get it's act together? WHY are graft and corruption and failed governments the constant legacy of too many nations around the world? WHY, despite billions in aid, do things continue to stagger along in those nations unchanged? The definition of insanity is "to continue to do the same thing over and over again in expectation that you will attain a different result". Clearly our efforts to change things in places like Mexico and elsewhere have failed decades ago, so...WHY are we still doing it?

WHY are we supporting alleged "allies" who are, in fact, our enemies or at best simply freeloaders?

WHY do we feel an obligation to accept every fairy tale we hear when people suddenly sneak into our country and then expect to be fully taken care of? If a stranger walked into your home at night, undetected, and then stayed and lived off of you while working and sending his money home, either you or your spouse would for sure be asking WHY? So WHY aren't you asking? And above all, WHY come to us and not your friends elsewhere? When every Muslim national has an unbreakable religious obligation to help fellow Muslims in need, and America is The Great Satan, WHY come here instead of going where you are required to be welcomed with open arms?

WHY do we continue to act differently than all other nations in regards to national sovereignty and borders? Mexico puts illegals in prison. Look it up.

WHY, if national policies aren't working, and we must at some point admit that they certainly aren't, do we not change the policies? Try something different?

WHY is our government increasingly corrupt, and who is responsible...besides ourselves?

We are facing serious issues but we're not doing it in serious fashion. We're doing it like a bunch of kids arguing about things we do not even understand...and apparently prefer not to understand.

But the first step is for all of us to speak a common language using defined terminology. We must get over the insane notion that words can mean whatever we feel like and it's somehow up to others to figure out what we're trying to say?

And if you won't do something yourself, like let strangers sneak into your home and live off of you free of charge, WHY is it acceptable national policy?

"The only stupid question is the one you're afraid to ask. Start asking: WHY? Believe it or not, it's one of your Constitutional rights, so use it.

This post was closely supervised, and no forum members were injured during this presentation.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                          Because down deep, it is not hate, but love that he feels. The love that dare not speak its name.

Gasp! You mean..."bromance"?!!

Comment

As I have posted before, I don't hate anyone.

I leave that to you and your ilk.
                            Ah...but you hate me...

And besides being someone who refuses to take all of your nonsense seriously, what specific "ilk" am I?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
                              Berlin.1945
                              by casanova
                              The Sowjet T-34 tank against a German Tiger tank in Berlin in the II World War in 1945. ...
                              Yesterday, 23:41
                            • casanova
                              AW 169M
                              by casanova
                              The Austrian minister of defence Klaudia Tanner declared the buy of 18 Italian military helicopters of the type AW 169M for the Austrian army, the Bundesheer....
                              Yesterday, 23:26
                            • JBark
                              What changed?
                              by JBark
                              There was a time not too long ago when this forum was full of discussion, multiple posts, votes and involved discussions on the best of the war, etc.,...
                              Yesterday, 18:54
                            Working...
                            X