The General Says 'No'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The General Says 'No'

The Secretary of Defense, Retired Marine Corps General Mattis is visiting Iraq and was asked about the Iraqi oil that Trump has repeatedly stated the US should just take.

The General's answer was that the US is not going to take Iraqi oil.

This is an open split between SecDef and Trump.

Apparently, Pence said the same thing in Munich that General Mattis said in Iraq.
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Originally posted by Massena View Post
    The Secretary of Defense, Retired Marine Corps General Mattis is visiting Iraq and was asked about the Iraqi oil that Trump has repeatedly stated the US should just take.

Apparently, Pence said the same thing in Munich that General Mattis said in Iraq.
    Simply a case of POTUS opening mouth before engaging brain - something I suspect we are going to see a lot of.
    Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
    Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

I think it's becoming more and more obvious that Trump selected Mattis only because he heard the nickname "Mad Dog" and thought he would be a Patton-esque lunatic who wants to blow up everything in sight. In reality Mattis is the "Warrior Monk" who extensively reads (he reportedly has over 10,000 books in his personal collection), who required his Marines to take lessons in Arab cultural awareness before deploying, etc.

Mattis is the only member of Trump's cabinet that I like. I think he is the one that is keeping Trump from blowing up the world. He's the voice of reason and sanity. Thank God for James Mattis!

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisF1987 View Post
        I think it's becoming more and more obvious that Trump selected Mattis only because he heard the nickname "Mad Dog" and thought he would be a Patton-esque lunatic who wants to blow up everything in sight. In reality Mattis is the "Warrior Monk" who extensively reads (he reportedly has over 10,000 books in his personal collection), who required his Marines to take lessons in Arab cultural awareness before deploying, etc.

Mattis is the only member of Trump's cabinet that I like. I think he is the one that is keeping Trump from blowing up the world. He's the voice of reason and sanity. Thank God for James Mattis!
        Please post specific evidence to support your outlandish statement that Trump "wants to blow up the world."

Talk about fear-mongering snowflakes...

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisF1987 View Post

Sorry, I cannot double rep you.

Oh and I agree with you POV. Mattis seems to be the only one in this mess with the best for his/our country foremost.

We see other retired mil with their dog poop rappers supporting every bit of sshit the Trump comes out with. Why do you give Trump a blank check? Couldn't be that he isn't black now could it? He is orange, do you like that color better?

The the Golden Water Fall from the Trumpys RACE CARD, RACE CARD...well stuff it
          "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            Please post specific evidence to support your outlandish statement that Trump "wants to blow up the world."

Where in his post did he say that?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

The chief fear-monger is Trump himself. He's been playing on that theme since he began to run for the office.

And he was doing it again in Florida at the 'rally' over the weekend. That's when he made up the Sweden 'problem' that was shown on Fox and he saw it.

He's a fear-mongering demagogue whose only concern is his own welfare and promotion.

Ein Volk, Ein Reich, Ein Trump.
              We are not now that strength which in old days
              Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
              Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
              To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

The chief fear-monger is Trump himself. He's been playing on that theme since he began to run for the office.

And he was doing it again in Florida at the 'rally' over the weekend. That's when he made up the Sweden 'problem' that was shown on Fox and he saw it.

He's a fear-mongering demagogue whose only concern is his own welfare and promotion.

Trump is also the biggest snowflake of them all. I have never seen any new POTUS spend so much time bitching about other people instead of settling into his job and getting on with running the country.

The poor man seems to have such an extremely fragile ego, and it's not going to get any easier for him.

Comment

Originally posted by JFKvsNixon View Post
                  Trump is also the biggest snowflake of them all. I have never seen any new POTUS spend so much time bitching about other people instead of settling into his job and getting on with running the country.

The poor man seems to have such an extremely fragile ego, and it's not going to get any easier for him.
                  Well, I've never seen so much b!+ching, most of it unwarranted, about a President who just entered office either. So....

The Left seems to be throwing the tantrum of a six-year-old over Trump.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                    Well, I've never seen so much b!+ching, most of it unwarranted, about a President who just entered office either. So....

The Left seems to be throwing the tantrum of a six-year-old over Trump.
                    At least they're not learning from their mistakes.
                    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Snowflake trips Godwin's Law. 10 yard penalty.
                      A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Trump says what a hell of a lot of Americans have thought at one point or another about the pointlessness of Iraq. I think that the deployed consensus in my unit was to glass it and buy some really good drills....the whole country is just a basket case and irredeemable.

Mattis is asked about it, and says, No we're not lashing out our frustrations as a matter of policy.

Trump hires reasonable people who make good decisions and turn the comments at the top into good direction on the ground.

And you continue to freak out about it.
                        Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Did President Trump say he would or should take the oil?

If he said he would take the oil and the SecDef said we wont.....that is a story.

If he said he should take the oil and the SecDef said we wont...this really isn't a story.
                          "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

What Trump in his dyslexic way was saying is that we should deprive ISIS of revenue from oil. The man is not that well spoken but if you have half a brain you can learn Trump speak. The fact that no liberal can understand him is because they don't care about anything but their idiotic ideology.
                            We hunt the hunters

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
                              What Trump in his dyslexic way was saying is that we should deprive ISIS of revenue from oil. The man is not that well spoken but if you have half a brain you can learn Trump speak.
                              So you need a lobotomy and remove half of your brains to understand Trump?
                              It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, it is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed. The hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X