Chump's approval rating hits an all time low

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
    Come on, that meme has been debunk so long ago that using that must be embarrassing. For one thing, the idiot who made up this meme can't even use an appropriate picture for that time. That is a still taken from his interview with Oprah Winfrey in the eighties.
    So what? That is entirely irrelevant. It is true enough for current binary politics. For the Chump haters, it describes the truth of Chump pandering to the dummies but it does give him too much credit for being that self-aware. As for the Chump supporters, no matter how true it was, it would be ignored or denied.

Comment

Originally posted by BorderRuffian View Post
      Of the polls taken right before the election most (6 out of 10) had Hillary by a 4 to 6 point margin.
      http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...nton-5491.html
      yeah but all the analyst were saying it was lower than that margin due to things breaking Trumps way .

what the screw up was no one had good data in mid west states

and from your data The RCP was the average most people were using which seems to be the best.

RCP Average
      11/1 - 11/7
      Clinton +3.2

at I said 2 to 3 percentage points is what most analyst were talking about going into the last couple of days.

So if you even assume an error of 6 percent in Trumps favor in the polls he still only mid 40s when every other president at this time is over 50 percent.

Or are you saying the Polls are off by over 10 percent. Sometimes that does occur but typically that an outlier which is why people like using a combination of polls.
      Last edited by craven; 20 Feb 17, 17:05.

Comment

Speaking of polls.... More people trust the Whitehouse than the media.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...ox-news-235168

I don't trust either. I never trusted Obama and I don't trust Trump. But the media has completely killed any trust I had in them over the last several years. Starting with the Trayvon Martin story.
        "A foe who had fought so long and valiantly, and had suffered so much for a cause, though that cause was, I believe, one of the worst for which a people ever fought, and one for which there was the least excuse." Ulysses S. Grant

Comment

Distrust of the media will only grow if they keep nit picking everything Trump does and churning out nothing but negative stories. It will become, if it hasn't already, a case of "Crying wolf!"
          Once that happens, the MSM will be nothing but a cause to get Republicans elected in coming votes. People will tire of the constant, and perceived, undeserved criticism of Trump and simply vote against the opposition as a gesture of resistance.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
            Distrust of the media will only grow if they keep nit picking everything Trump does and churning out nothing but negative stories.
            The National Security advisor lying to the VP is not "nitpicking."
            Chump lying at every turn is not "nitpicking."
            Criticizing the Chump because he's filling his cabinet with incompetent billionaires who's only qualification is that they donated to his campaign is not "nitpicking."
            Criticizing Chump because his National Security advisor was talking to the Russians about easing restrictive policies of a sitting president is not "nitpicking."
            Observing that Chump makes racist remarks to an African-American reporter is not "nitpicking."
            Criticizing Chump because he spends roughly 12 million dollars of taxpayer money vacationing 3 out of his 4 weeks in office is not "nitpicking."
            Criticizing Chump because he spends 3 million dollars of taxpayer money in order to hold a campaign rally within his first month of office is not "nitpicking."
            Criticizing Chump because he labels the Media the "Enemy of the Country" is not "nitpicking."
            Criticizing Chump because he is making policies on blatantly incorrect information that he is gleaning from publicly televised news programs is not "nitpicking."

Wake up, dude.
            "I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. I just kiss. I don't even wait. You can do anything... Grab them by the [redacted]. You can do anything."
            -The President of the United States of America.

Comment

Originally posted by lynelhutz View Post
              So what? That is entirely irrelevant. It is true enough for current binary politics. For the Chump haters, it describes the truth of Chump pandering to the dummies but it does give him too much credit for being that self-aware. As for the Chump supporters, no matter how true it was, it would be ignored or denied.
              Using a fake meme that intentionally falsely accredit someone with something never said by anyone but the meme creator is dishonest. To use it to support one's argument is a fallacy. To defend it's usage is intellectually dishonest.

You recognizes the meme and false message because subscribes to YOUR prejudices against people that is not in agreement with you, NOT Trump's supporters.
              Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
                Using a fake meme that intentionally falsely accredit someone with something never said by anyone but the meme creator is dishonest. To use it to support one's argument is a fallacy. To defend it's usage is intellectually dishonest.

You recognizes the meme and false message because subscribes to YOUR prejudices against people that is not in agreement with you, NOT Trump's supporters.
                No my point is the truth is irrelevant. And if you support Chump and claim to actually care about accuracy, you are either ideology blind or disingenuous.

Comment

No my point is the truth is irrelevant. And if you support Chump and claim to actually care about accuracy, you are either ideology blind or disingenuous.
                  And, was no less important when Obama, Bush, or anyone else was in office.

What I see is Trump is held to an entirely different standard than Obama, or the Hildabeast, was.

I don't think Trump is any more honest or dishonest than Obama. Both Obama and Trump are far, far, more honest than the Hildabeast which is one of the big reasons she lost the election.

The difference I see is that the MSM, in particular, gave Obama and the Hildabeast a pass or at least treated them with deference when it came to misspeaking, lying, or saying questionable stuff. Trump on the other hand gets raked over the coals for anything and everything he says.
                  I can see why he calls the press his enemy. They are, in a very real sense.

I'd hold up Fast and Furious, the IRS scandal, or Benghazi as examples from the Obama administration that if those happened today with Trump the MSM would be screaming for his impeachment. They'd never let up for a second.
                  All three got pretty much shrugged off and swept under the rug in short order by the press with Obama in office. The MSM liked Obama's politics and didn't want to see his administration or him crippled by scandal. They absolutely hate Trump and do want to see his administration crippled by scandal.

That's the difference I see. So, when the press makes a mountain out of a grain of sand over something, I shrug and ignore most of their silly @$$ed whining antics. So far, that's running maybe as much as 90% of their reporting on Trump.

Comment

What I see is Trump is held to an entirely different standard than Obama, or the Hildabeast, was.
                    That is your misconception of the matter. Trump is held to the same exact standard, he just doesn't quite make it himself.
                    I don't think Trump is any more honest or dishonest than Obama. Both Obama and Trump are far, far, more honest than the Hildabeast which is one of the big reasons she lost the election.
                    That is actually an utterly false statement. As sites which check facts (like politifact - http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...p-truth-o-met/ ) can point out Trump lied a lot more during his election campaign than what Hillary did. That doesn't mean that Hillary wouldn't have been caught from lying however Trump clearly outdid her on that category. Which means that Trump was clearly less honest than Hillary - despite of your personal opinion on the matter.
                    The difference I see is that the MSM, in particular, gave Obama and the Hildabeast a pass or at least treated them with deference when it came to misspeaking, lying, or saying questionable stuff. Trump on the other hand gets raked over the coals for anything and everything he says.
                    When did Hillary/Obama state questionable stuff? As career politicians that is rather unlikely for them. They are not spewing outrageous nonsense like Trump and generally rely on PC expressions to ensure that. I'm not sure if Trump is just too stupid or what but he instead tends to walk straight into those pitfalls - and then try to play the martyr role - that any career politicians of even communal level would have easily avoided.
                    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, it is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed. The hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion

Comment

Originally posted by Vaeltaja View Post
                      That is your misconception of the matter. Trump is held to the same exact standard, he just doesn't quite make it himself.
                      No he isn't. Even the MSM admits it.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/video/watch...ard/vi-BBoM5L6

http://mediamatters.org/video/2016/0...clinton/212931
                      I think it is true that*Trump is*held to different standards than*Clinton on a number of different*issues.*
                      http://www.rightsightings.com/is-don...d-hugh-hewitt/

That is actually an utterly false statement. As sites which check facts (like politifact - http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...p-truth-o-met/ ) can point out Trump lied a lot more during his election campaign than what Hillary did. That doesn't mean that Hillary wouldn't have been caught from lying however Trump clearly outdid her on that category. Which means that Trump was clearly less honest than Hillary - despite of your personal opinion on the matter.
                      http://www.newsmax.com/Reagan/Politi.../20/id/631565/

Once widely regarded as a unique, rigorous, and reasonably independent investigator of political claims, PolitiFact now declares conservatives wrong three times more often than liberals. More pointedly, the journalism organization concludes that conservatives have flat-out lied nine times more often than liberals.
                      In the three years since the end of the partnership with CQ, PolitiFact has found a total of 323 conservative claims to be untrue, with 119 of those getting Pants on Fire.
                      http://humanevents.com/2012/08/30/po...n-left-really/

If a Republican schools commissioner says an annual standardized test takes “less than 1 percent of the instructional time,” and the actual figure is between 0.26 percent and 0.90 percent of annual class time, a serious fact-checker wouldn’t make a different claim and check that instead. But that’s precisely how PolitiFact found the Republican commissioner’s statement False.
                      PolitiFact is not that honest fact-checker. And these aren’t isolated cases. Once widely regarded as a unique, rigorous and reasonably independent investigator of political claims, PolitiFact now declares conservatives wrong three times more often than liberals. More pointedly, the journalism organization concludes that conservatives have flat out lied nine times more often than liberals.
                      When did Hillary/Obama state questionable stuff? As career politicians that is rather unlikely for them. They are not spewing outrageous nonsense like Trump and generally rely on PC expressions to ensure that. I'm not sure if Trump is just too stupid or what but he instead tends to walk straight into those pitfalls - and then try to play the martyr role - that any career politicians of even communal level would have easily avoided.
                      Let's start with Obama.

The Beer summit
                      Fast and Furious
                      Travon Martin
                      "That American oil production was the highest its been in eight years" (2012). That was entirely due to fields and production in private hands not something the administration had any hand in.
                      In May 2011 Obama stated that the fence / wall between the US and Mexico "was essentially complete."
                      That Obamacare didn't have any provision for public funding of abortion.

Want more? There's tons more where that came from.

Hillary? No different. She was even worse. No one except a pathological liar or mentally insane person would say differently. Even her most ardent supporters grudgingly admitted she had serious issues with lying.

Comment

Originally posted by armor11 View Post
                        The National Security advisor lying to the VP is not "nitpicking."
                        Chump lying at every turn is not "nitpicking."
                        Criticizing the Chump because he's filling his cabinet with incompetent billionaires who's only qualification is that they donated to his campaign is not "nitpicking."
                        Criticizing Chump because his National Security advisor was talking to the Russians about easing restrictive policies of a sitting president is not "nitpicking."
                        Observing that Chump makes racist remarks to an African-American reporter is not "nitpicking."
                        Criticizing Chump because he spends roughly 12 million dollars of taxpayer money vacationing 3 out of his 4 weeks in office is not "nitpicking."
                        Criticizing Chump because he spends 3 million dollars of taxpayer money in order to hold a campaign rally within his first month of office is not "nitpicking."
                        Criticizing Chump because he labels the Media the "Enemy of the Country" is not "nitpicking."
                        Criticizing Chump because he is making policies on blatantly incorrect information that he is gleaning from publicly televised news programs is not "nitpicking."

Wake up, dude.
                        As for the Chump supporters, no matter how true it was, it would be ignored or denied.
                        Sure enough
                        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

I support truth and fairness, not mumble jumble from a foreigner.. The only thing worst than a clueless American liberals are sanctimonious foreigners trying to lecture us.
                          Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

http://www.politifact.com/florida/st...cats-equal-le/

Few things here,

Politifacts actually posted the 0.26 to 0.90 percentage, nobody else found it.

They also qualified it, 0.26 to 0.90 % represents the time taken to do the tests...... not studying for it and not taking practice tests.

That's like me saying I learned all the rules of the road, all the manouvers and all the roads during my 1 hour driving test.....I clearly spent more than an hour learning to drive......
                            Last edited by Paddybhoy; 21 Feb 17, 04:59.

Comment

No he isn't. Even the MSM admits it.
                              If it is different then it is only easier than the usual - not harder. Such BS that Trump has let ought would have led to crucifixion of ordinary left or right side politician. That is what his background as media character has allowed but the honeymoon with media is over.

An your criticism of the politifact seems to be mostly just opinion pieces which are written by people why dislike the politifact - not actual objective analysis of it. So that doesn't exactly discredit it nor does it discredit the results politifact ended up with. Besides pointing what you did out doesn't even matter because you need to point out where in their opinions on Trump's comments they were wrong.
                              Let's start with Obama.
                              If you insist on derailing the discussion.
                              Want more? There's tons more where that came from.
                              Only after you have applied the same criticism you just applied against Obama to the actions and comments of Trump. Keep in mind that i have not said that there were no wrongdoings by others - telling outright lies is something that politicians sans Trump rarely - if ever - do. Veiled truths, skirting the matter, using PC comments to avoid actually stating anything - that is what they do, but it is not the same as lying. So why aren't applying your own standards against Trump's statements?
                              It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, it is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed. The hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
                                Berlin.1945
                                by casanova
                                The Sowjet T-34 tank against a German Tiger tank in Berlin in the II World War in 1945. ...
                                Yesterday, 23:41
                              • casanova
                                AW 169M
                                by casanova
                                The Austrian minister of defence Klaudia Tanner declared the buy of 18 Italian military helicopters of the type AW 169M for the Austrian army, the Bundesheer....
                                Yesterday, 23:26
                              • JBark
                                What changed?
                                by JBark
                                There was a time not too long ago when this forum was full of discussion, multiple posts, votes and involved discussions on the best of the war, etc.,...
                                Yesterday, 18:54
                              Working...
                              X