Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Moulin View Post
    top stories today --again - anti-Trump in most major headline news

but this story about illegals murdering is not --as usual--they can't put in any articles that might back Trump !

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.2987133
    I just provided a thread about illegals and crime that was front page news on a national outlet.

Comment

• Originally posted by ljadw View Post
      An other Trojan Horse is coming to Fox : Ezekiel Emanuel, architect of Obamacare .
      How dare Fox allow anyone onto the air that isn't a full Trump supporter! There is no excuse for allowing anyone who disagrees with Trump anywhere near a microphone. If anything, we should be cracking down on these traitors and denying them access to any outlet to spread their hatred and lies.

Comment

• Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
        Better qualified than the "community organizer" (a.k.a. public funds parasite) we endured for the last eight years.
        exactly --the community organizers/politicians/liars/etc are used to and get in the pattern of trying to just get votes, rubbing each other's backs, etc instead of getting the job done
        Trump is used to and has to be able to get things done--efficiently/etc--unlike politicians

Comment

• Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
          How dare Fox allow anyone onto the air that isn't a full Trump supporter! There is no excuse for allowing anyone who disagrees with Trump anywhere near a microphone. If anything, we should be cracking down on these traitors and denying them access to any outlet to spread their hatred and lies.
          I think you forgot this ...

I'm all for anti-Trump sore-loosers ranting and raving, something about hoisted upon their own petard or such, among other revelations.
          TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

I just provided a thread about illegals and crime that was front page news on a national outlet.
            sure--1 or 2 times, here and there...but they are not as favored in as many headlines and major news as the anti-Trump and anti-''right'' stories are
            and add SNL as another anti-Trump media
            especially the anti-cop, anti-''wright'' stories....
            the anti-cop stories were everywhere--top news all the time--there is no denying this
            the anti-cop stories were also really anti-American, anti-''wright'', anti-conservative, etc

Trump wants to deport illegals--WHY IS THIS WRONG/BAD ? to infinity
            this was/is the major news on most of the major news sites

come on, Trump has been top news in many more news sites for a long time and most of it not positive-
            especially his illegal immigration and anti-terror policies
            -do you not agree?
            Last edited by Moulin; 03 Mar 17, 19:13.

Comment

sure--1 or 2 times, here and there...but they are not as favored in as many headlines and major news as the anti-Trump and anti-''right'' stories are
              and add SNL as another anti-Trump media
              especially the anti-cop, anti-''wright'' stories....
              the anti-cop stories were everywhere--top news all the time--there is no denying this
              the anti-cop stories were also really anti-American, anti-''wright'', anti-conservative, etc

Trump wants to deport illegals--WHY IS THIS WRONG/BAD ? to infinity
              this was/is the major news on most of the major news sites

come on, Trump has been top news in many more news sites for a long time and most of it not positive-
              especially his illegal immigration and anti-terror policies
              -do you not agree?
              The argument I'm making isn't that there isn't an anti-Trump bias in many of the major sources. My argument is that, like with many perceptions about bias, it often has a strong bout of confirmation bias present in the interpreter.

For example, people talk about how anti-Trump, say, CNN is. But consider for example if one were to try and quantify that. What percentage of all of their output is anti-Trump? Well, what about what percentage of only their articles involving Trump are anti-Trump? How would you craft the guidelines for people to analyse that information and score the relative bias within the content?

I will never argue that the news media doesn't possesses a general liberal bias. I believe it's there and there is plenty of evidence to support it - quantifiable evidence, no less.

But most people who believe in the idea of a liberal media have not looked at anything approaching quantifiable research. More importantly, for them to know it was biased, it would have to appear biased to a broad selection of Americans, not just Trump supporters. And that last one is a bit crucial. If you were to give ten random Americans a stack of articles and a guidebook for how to measure the bias of each article, you'd need all of them to generally agree on each article's bias.

The reason that's important is the same logic claiming that "An anti-Trump zealot would never recognize the bias against him because of their own beliefs!" is literally just as applicable as "The pro-Trump zealot would find bias where their is none because of their own beliefs!"

That is one of the biggest issues I find at the heart of many of these claims: the failure to recognize that bias is not absolutely objective; perceptions of it are not universally shared. It is easy for someone on a 'wing' to see bias, because they normalize their own beliefs.

Again, not saying there isn't bias, only that what we've seen is a nearly religious devotion to the idea of bias without attempts to truly back that up. Even those that have done more than just accepted what others say have rarely done anything but look up one or two public opinion polls and use that to justify their beliefs.

If bias is there, we have to quantify it and understand the truth, not just what we may think or assume is really happening. Otherwise, we're just engaged in some circular logic by using bias to claim bias. And that helps nobody.
              Last edited by Daemon of Decay; 03 Mar 17, 19:48.

Comment

When has FOX been a Trump supporter? You seem to forget that FOX drew first blood against Trump in the presidential debates and how many on FOX has been criticizing him then and now.
                Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

• Originally posted by Salinator View Post
                  When has FOX been a Trump supporter? You seem to forget that FOX drew first blood against Trump in the presidential debates and how many on FOX has been criticizing him then and now.
                  Which goes back to that issue about bias and perception. Anti-Trump people criticize Fox News as being a pro-Trump mouthpiece, and one could easily justify that by looking at their articles: I've noticed some of the less than subtle stuff pulled often there. Plenty of their more visible talking heads certainly do defend his actions.

But then you will have some on Trump' side calling Fox a traitor, doubting their objectivity and accusing them of being anti-Trump - which leads us into a strange area where an organization is being accused of being on the opposite side by both sides.

A big chunk of this is that confirmation bias element I've mentioned before. It's not that there isn't some sort of bias, its that our perceptions of bias are highly relative and tend to reinforce existing beliefs. Democrats will dismiss Fox as being pro-Trump out of hand because of what they've seen before - and if they (or any of us) go to the main page it's easy to understand because many of the arguments used against the "liberal" media and their biases could be leveraged against Fox News in their coverage of the Trump presidency.

Which brings us back around to the over-inflated nature of most people's perception on bias. It's not that the bias doesn't exist, its that how "biased" people see a source is almost never truly matched up with the evidence to prove it.

Mostly because that sort of research is both difficult and costly, but I digress.

When people dismiss a source as being biased, and therefor what they say has no meaning, doing so without the evidence to support that claim makes ones argument only just better than saying "I don't trust them because I don't like their logo."

I always feel that we should aspire to a more objective and rational form of condemnation.

Comment

Which goes back to that issue about bias and perception. Anti-Trump people criticize Fox News as being a pro-Trump mouthpiece, and one could easily justify that by looking at their articles: I've noticed some of the less than subtle stuff pulled often there. Plenty of their more visible talking heads certainly do defend his actions.

But then you will have some on Trump' side calling Fox a traitor, doubting their objectivity and accusing them of being anti-Trump - which leads us into a strange area where an organization is being accused of being on the opposite side by both sides.

A big chunk of this is that confirmation bias element I've mentioned before. It's not that there isn't some sort of bias, its that our perceptions of bias are highly relative and tend to reinforce existing beliefs. Democrats will dismiss Fox as being pro-Trump out of hand because of what they've seen before - and if they (or any of us) go to the main page it's easy to understand because many of the arguments used against the "liberal" media and their biases could be leveraged against Fox News in their coverage of the Trump presidency.

Which brings us back around to the over-inflated nature of most people's perception on bias. It's not that the bias doesn't exist, its that how "biased" people see a source is almost never truly matched up with the evidence to prove it.

Mostly because that sort of research is both difficult and costly, but I digress.

When people dismiss a source as being biased, and therefor what they say has no meaning, doing so without the evidence to support that claim makes ones argument only just better than saying "I don't trust them because I don't like their logo."

I always feel that we should aspire to a more objective and rational form of condemnation.
                    the big difference is we didn't see all this crap when obama got elected
                    Fox didn't go overboard with negative stories
                    not as many [ if at all ] anti-American-anti-president rallies
                    SNL did not do as much negative stuff on obama
                    there is hate on the lefty side with no justification at all

see the difference? the ''right'' was civilized/tolerant/AMERICAN when obama got fairly elected
                    the left is not tolerant or accepting a fair election--thereby saying F YOU to America and American values

when obama got elected the right did just this
                    we see the left is doing the opposite of this in many aspects
                    celebrities blatantly saying they will leave America if Trump got elected
                    protest against a fairly elected official
                    ----for what ?? what was Trump's big crime????
                    ...gas people? shoot someone? call for segregation?
                    ..his big crime is trying to protect America and American jobs !!!!!!
                    Last edited by Moulin; 05 Mar 17, 09:34.

Comment

the big difference is we didn't see all this crap when obama got elected
                      Fox didn't go overboard with negative stories
                      not as many [ if at all ] anti-American-anti-president rallies
                      SNL did not do as much negative stuff on obama
                      there is hate on the lefty side with no justification at all

see the difference? the ''right'' was civilized/tolerant/AMERICAN when obama got fairly elected
                      the left is not tolerant or accepting a fair election--thereby saying F YOU to America and American values

when obama got elected the right did just this
                      we see the left is doing the opposite of this in many aspects
                      celebrities blatantly saying they will leave America if Trump got elected
                      protest against a fairly elected official
                      ----for what ?? what was Trump's big crime???? nothing

I don't think SNL ever did a negative bit on Obama. And certainly never mocked him.

As for the MSM, I have noticed a profound difference in their approach to dealing with negative news about Trump and Obama as evidenced by Trump's claim Obama tapped his phones.

With Trump, the media most often repeats all accusations without any critical analysis. With Obama, I noticed a different attitude. This morning on ABC news, the headline on the story about Trump's claims was "Where is the proof?" (ABC's Good Morning America 3/5/17).
                      I have never seen the media treat a negative story about Trump with that approach. If it were trump, they would have just repeated the accusation that the president had tapped phones, since it was Obama, they suddenly wanted to see the evidence rather than repeating the accusation.
                      With Trump it is adversarial with Obama they are defensive.
                      Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Well said. I can't rep you again yet, but I agree.
                        Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

• actors/actresses/musicians/etc are way overboard

MOCKING the way the First Lady speaks? !!
                          MOCKING her accent ??!!
                          just plain making fun of the First Lady--

very disrespectful/UN-American/racist/uncivilized/very IMPOLITE/etc

http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know...ocking-melania

then an SNLer makes fun of and slanders/smears/etc Trump's TEN year old son !!!!!!!

http://tvline.com/2017/01/23/saturda...ron-trump-snl/
                          Last edited by Moulin; 05 Mar 17, 10:25.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X