Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYC arsenal?

http://nypost.com/2017/02/09/landlor...nts-apartment/

A landlord cleaning out a deceased tenant’s apartment in Manhattan this week found a stash of weapons, including crossbows and ninja swords, police sources said.

The landlord was inside a sixth-floor apartment on 215th Street near Seaman Avenue in Inwood around 2:50 p.m. Wednesday when he made the shocking discovery of two fake grenades, two rifles, a machine gun, a machine pistol, an airgun, two crossbows, two ninja swords, a flare gun and ammunition, according to the sources. He called 911 after finding the stash, cops said.

The weapons — which were vouchered at the 34th Precinct station house — are believed to belong to the tenant, according to the sources.

Click for more from NYPost.com
    a collection of QVC cutlery, a couple cast iron paperweights in the shape of a grenade and the bane of Deep Purple--"smoke on the water" flare gun.
    all make headlines and prompt a breathless 911 call..haha!

my guess is that the machine gun/ machine pistol fire 6mm plastic BBs. and say "Airsoft" on the side.
    45B10 1986-91

Talk about a slow news day.

I had a guy who was taken to the hospital give his keys to me and asked me to make sure his house was locked up.

He had over 200 shotguns in his house; he was a collector. Ammo by the case.
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
      Talk about a slow news day.

I had a guy who was taken to the hospital give his keys to me and asked me to make sure his house was locked up.

He had over 200 shotguns in his house; he was a collector. Ammo by the case.
      Yeah, but this is NY, they tend to be a lot more... twitchy about these things.

Would love to have seen the shotty collection. Was it in multiple safes? or did he have a rack room?
      BoRG
      "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

Originally posted by Arthwys View Post
        Was it in multiple safes? or did he have a rack room?
        I always wanted a "Man cave" with wall racks for my collection. i dont have 200 shotguns but my military rifle collection always gets the Boy Scout troop excited when we discuss the collector's merit badge and i bring it in for them to see.

I figure if i lived in NY they would have a coronary over my collection. thankfully Wisconsin is more laid back.
        45B10 1986-91

Comment

this does make me think again that i need to make some documentation of my collection so my wife does not get ripped off over the value of the items i have. ive seen too many widows get reamed by greedy people who tell them that "that old junk isnt worth much".
          45B10 1986-91

Comment

Originally posted by popuptarget View Post
            this does make me think again that i need to make some documentation of my collection so my wife does not get ripped off over the value of the items i have. ive seen too many widows get reamed by greedy people who tell them that "that old junk isnt worth much".
            It just so happens, at this very moment I'm in the middle of this exact process myself. Smart thing to do. Also good for insurance purposes as well. Even better if you take pictures to go with that, easy thing to do now with camera phones.
            You'll live, only the best get killed.

-General Charles de Gaulle

Comment

When I lost my house and started living in my Dad's old house, I kept my collection in my trunk. I did this for a couple of years until we sold Dad's house and I moved in with my daughter. My collection has grown since then. If I had ever been pulled over and the Patrolman had asked me to pop my trunk, they might have had heart failure! My Dad's house had been broken into several times over the 40 years it was in the family. Since I was spending a lot of time in Spring, it was easier just to keep my guns in the trunk.

My collection is large but not huge. My Daughter gets them when I pass on and she can divide them up as she sees fit. She has three sons...

Pruitt
              Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

You bet!
                I collect Military Rifles, when I got orders for my second tour in Vietnam in 1968 I rented a U-Haul and moved from Ft Bragg to NJ so my Wife could be near my Parents during my absence, I had my Step Father and a friend of his help me move in to an apartment the guy was a school teacher in Edison, when he saw my Rifles, ( I only had about nine or ten then) his eyes bugged out and I thought he would faint or have heart attack right on the spot, I'll never forget it.
                Even here in Texas now-adays when more than one weapon is found in a home it's called an arsenal by the news media.

Comment

my children have all taken gun safety courses and have gone to the range with me but i don't think they have the same level of interest as i do. i don't mind as they are all individuals but id rather make sure they have a good idea of the value of some items as they don't appear to be terribly valuable at first glance.

I have a Type 22 Murata that most people wouldn't look at twice but is worth about $900 - 1000.

and an eagle head saber that dates from about 1812 that was appraised at at least $800 about 10 years ago.

plus i have accessories and helmets that are all worth a few dollars if the kids decide they'd rather have cash.
                  45B10 1986-91

Comment

Would love to have seen the shotty collection. Was it in multiple safes? or did he have a rack room?
                    They were literally leaned up against the wall 2-3 deep.

He collected double barrels, both side by side and over & under. No racks (that I remember), just soft cases leaning against the wall. It was a 1000 square foot tract home, and they covered much of the free wall space.

It was surreal.
                    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                      They were literally leaned up against the wall 2-3 deep.

He collected double barrels, both side by side and over & under. No racks (that I remember), just soft cases leaning against the wall. It was a 1000 square foot tract home, and they covered much of the free wall space.

It was surreal.
                      So... he was living in a shotgun shack hum...

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                        So... he was living in a shotgun shack hum...

I like that.

Comment

The neighborhood in question is a known drug supermarket, so there may be a suspicion afoot that the suspect is a gang member.
                          I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

For the Progressive anti-gun crowd owning more than two firearms and having more ammunition than they will hold is an "arsenal" for them.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X