Anti-Trump Military Coup May be Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
    If one were conspiracy-prone, it is easy to see how people could be afraid of what might happen in the near future. After all, conservatives control the government. Once Trump gets his USSC pick in, they will have effective control over all three branches and the military. Spoooooooky.
    Obama had even more control for two years, and all he did was F... up totally. How bad could it be?

But as for this nut job, it's what I would expect from the partisans. I still remember how many conservatives believed Obama hated America and was secretly trying to destroy it from within - some of whom might still be on these forums.

Nut jobs have always existed, and on all sides. What the internet has allowed is instant access to their crazy. And we're all the poorer for it.
    No, the Trump opposition aren't partisans. They're haters. Their opposition goes beyond reason. They can't articulate a reason for their opposition. It's enough that it's Trump.
    For example, if Trump said tomorrow "You know, after looking at the cost we're not going to build a wall on the Mexico border..." His opposition wouldn't cheer and say he was suddenly being reasonable. No. They'd start saying "Trump lied about building a wall! He's a GD'd liar and can't be trusted!"

They hate the man with a passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
      I wonder how these comments are going to impact his career?
      I'm sure he is at least 50. Not even a bird. there is no star in his future........

Comment

I see in the Trump opposition the same sort of mindless hatred that was poured on Ev Mecham in Arizona decades ago when he got elected governor.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evan_Mecham

Sure, Mecham was hard core Conservative. I thought he was pretty much a rambling dork, and he only got elected because it was a three-way race.
        But, once in office the same sort of hysterical, mindless, opposition arose to get him thrown out of office. Anything, everything, the guy did was open to ridicule and vitriol. It was insane. In the end he was impeached and tossed out of office to be replaced by the largely docile and useless Rose Mofford, Secretary of State. She didn't do much in office and that seemed to placate everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
          Thankfully for us, this lunatic, Leftist, nutbag is howling at the moon. The military is mostly Conservative in viewpoint so there's little chance that there will be a coup by any part of it against any government body.
          Shows just how much you actually know about the military. The military is just as diverse politically as it is religiously diverse.

I've know a large swath of military that were Republicans, Democrats. Libertarians and Independent and an equally large group that were none of the above because they didn't believe in voting while in the military.
          Conservatives in the U.S. won't be happy until Jim Crow returns and "White Heterosexual Only" signs are legalized.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthrax View Post
            Shows just how much you actually know about the military. The military is just as diverse politically as it is religiously diverse.
            I know quite a bit more about it than you do having served 27 years in it.

I've know a large swath of military that were Republicans, Democrats. Libertarians and Independent and an equally large group that were none of the above because they didn't believe in voting while in the military.
            The military is overall conservative and even the more liberal portions come nowhere near being Progressive or Leftist in their views. There would be little, if any, support for a military coup against Trump. I even doubt that the vast majority despise the guy. I'd bet most military members are neutral towards him as opposed to mildly hostile to Obama or Clinton.
            Bill Clinton and Obama both were openly dissed by officers in my presence. That was quite a surprise in Clinton's case, which was the first time I heard / saw it happen. Reagan, and both Bush's didn't get that sort of treatment that I saw.

Comment

My Wife and I both were brought up in military families and I spent the better part of my life in the military and around the military and the military is not as politically diverse as you think it is.
              Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

I didn't spend as much time in as Trung Si, but I was in a fair piece and my family continues to serve. He and TaG are absolutely correct.
                Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                  Your corrections are very tiresome, giving nothing of importance to the thread.
                  Surely you mean 'correction'?

Paul
                  ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
                  All human ills he can subdue,
                  Or with a bauble or medal
                  Can win mans heart for you;
                  And many a blessing know to stew
                  To make a megloamaniac bright;
                  Give honour to the dainty Corse,
                  The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

Originally posted by Dibble201Bty View Post
                    Surely you mean 'correction'?

Paul
                    HPJ is MM Lite.
                    Last edited by G David Bock; 09 Feb 17, 10:41. Reason: fix initials

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X