Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"State Dept. Officials Should Quit if They Disagree With Trump, White House Warns"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "State Dept. Officials Should Quit if They Disagree With Trump, White House Warns"

A good head start on his goal of a 20% reduction in Federal bureaucrats...
    State Dept. Officials Should Quit if They Disagree With Trump, White House Warns

By MARK LANDLER JAN. 31, 2017

WASHINGTON — The White House on Monday warned State Department officials that they should leave their jobs if they did not agree with President Trump’s agenda, an extraordinary effort to stamp out a wave of internal dissent against Mr. Trump’s temporary ban on entry visas for people from seven predominantly Muslim countries.

Career officials at the State Department are circulating a so-called dissent cable, which says that Mr. Trump’s executive order closing the nation’s doors to more than 200 million people with the intention of weeding out a handful of would-be terrorists will not make the nation safer, and might instead deepen the threat.

“These career bureaucrats have a problem with it?” Sean Spicer, the White House press secretary, told reporters. “They should either get with the program or they can go.”

It was yet another stark confrontation between the new president, who is moving swiftly to upend years of policies, and a federal bureaucracy still struggling with the jolting change of power in Washington.

[...]

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/31/u...ravel-ban.html

Good luck finding jobs in the private sector!

Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Given the State Department's track record, canning a bunch of bureaucrats and replacing them with new blood can only be an improvement.
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
      Given the State Department's track record, canning a bunch of bureaucrats and replacing them with new blood can only be an improvement.
      I'd prefer Trump fire them, replace them with their underlings, and continue the firings until the State Department's remaining employees get the message...

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
        I'd prefer Trump fire them, replace them with their underlings, and continue the firings until the State Department's remaining employees get the message...
        I agree, fire the ones he can fire and the ones he can't fire will get the message.
        Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Trump, Bannon, et al don't want any disagreements no matter what the issue. All they want is a flock of yes-men. That is a stupid way to govern, and that really isn't governing anyways.

Once again, Ein Volk, Ein Reich, Ein Trump.
          We are not now that strength which in old days
          Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
          Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
          To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
              Trump, Bannon, et al don't want any disagreements no matter what the issue. All they want is a flock of yes-men. That is a stupid way to govern, and that really isn't governing anyways.

Once again, boo hoo, boo hoo, boo hoo.

You never know a man until you see him confront a crisis for the first time. There's a Ben Franklin quote for you, M.

And now we know.
              Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                I'll second that!!
                Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Really!? If you were ever president you would want to waste your time fighting with petty bureaucrats? As others stated, a good house cleaning is long overdue.
                  "A foe who had fought so long and valiantly, and had suffered so much for a cause, though that cause was, I believe, one of the worst for which a people ever fought, and one for which there was the least excuse." Ulysses S. Grant

Comment

And once again Godwin. Doesn't it tire you to run around screaming the sky is falling over and over?

When and if it happens will we take note of your posts because of the boy who cried wolf syndrome?

Face it, your credibility goes down with each post that cries wolf...
                    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

"A true leader is a molder of consensus" - MLK
                      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                      - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
                        Not in politics, at least not in the last 50 years.
                        Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Maybe a politician is, but a leader is not. A leader listens to subordinates, weighs options, makes a decision, and if those who are subordinate disagree, or are upset with it... Too damn bad!

Could you imagine a military officer leading by consensus? How about a corporate CEO wanting consensus from his workers?

That idea is full of crap... Consensus... politicians do it simply because they need others to buy in and support a bill, decision, or whatever. Leaders don't need that.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

Reminds me of the joke “The beatings will continue until moral improves”.
                            Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Except that MLK was never actually a "leader." It is also impossible to build consensus with people viscerally opposed to you, and you never ever concede to an insubordinate subordinate. Let's face it. Liberal Democrats' only idea of consensus is to do exactly as they want (but not necessarily do themselves).

Tuebor

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X