Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cracks in Trump's Tower

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Cracks in Trump's Tower

    This is an interesting article about senior Republicans breaking with Trump over the Moslem ban:

    http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...cid=spartandhp
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

  • #2
    I'm not sure I have a problem with senior republicans breaking from trump.

    Trump may suck, but senior republicans have repeatedly sold themselves out and betrayed the promises they have made to their supporters.
    I may not like everything trump is doing, but he hasn't betrayed me yet and clearly not as often as those senior republicans.

    Also, given the manner in which the media has covered the "ban", I pretty much no longer believe what they say and will wait for more information.
    For example, about 2 weeks ago, BO all but banned Cuban refugees fleeing from the communist state. The reaction was indifference from both the MSM and dem supporters (but I repeat myself)
    Trump imposes a temporary ban on people from 7 nations and we are told the world is ending.
    This morning, the local CBS news station in CHicago spent the first 13 minutes of its show reporting on protests. The only breaks from that story were for the standard traffic and weather. To their credit, they included about 20 seconds of support for the EO. The rest was negative.

    The more the media and the left (is that redundant?) protest this, following their silence on the cubans, the more I am inclined to disregard them.

    Edited to add, that same station barely mentioned the shootings at the Quebec Mosque. I found that interesting as well and now suspect the shootings were by muslims which means the story isn't of interest to them.
    Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

    Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

    Comment


    • #3
      Trump has written an illegal executive order. That's the issue. And the courts have already kicked in to temporarily stop it.

      Trump is not only incompetent, but he is a religious bigot and is beginning to lead the nation down the wrong road.

      Here's an excellent reminder from Teddy Roosevelt that portrays our situation quite accurately:

      ‘The President is merely the most important among a large number of public servants. He should be supported or opposed exactly to the degree which is warranted by his good conduct or bad conduct, his efficiency or inefficiency in rendering loyal, able, and disinterested service to the Nation as a whole. Therefore it is absolutely necessary that there should be full liberty to tell the truth about his acts, and this means that it is exactly necessary to blame him when he dies wrong and to praise him when he does right. Any other attitude in an American citizen is both base and servile. To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and service, but is morally treasonable to the American public. Nothing but the truth should be spoken about him or anyone else. But it is even more important to tell the truth, pleasant or unpleasant, about him than about anyone else.’-Theodore Roosevelt.
      We are not now that strength which in old days
      Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
      Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
      To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

      Comment


      • #4
        Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Massena View Post
          Trump has written an illegal executive order. That's the issue. And the courts have already kicked in to temporarily stop it.

          Trump is not only incompetent, but he is a religious bigot and is beginning to lead the nation down the wrong road.

          Here's an excellent reminder from Teddy Roosevelt that portrays our situation quite accurately:

          ‘The President is merely the most important among a large number of public servants. He should be supported or opposed exactly to the degree which is warranted by his good conduct or bad conduct, his efficiency or inefficiency in rendering loyal, able, and disinterested service to the Nation as a whole. Therefore it is absolutely necessary that there should be full liberty to tell the truth about his acts, and this means that it is exactly necessary to blame him when he dies wrong and to praise him when he does right. Any other attitude in an American citizen is both base and servile. To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and service, but is morally treasonable to the American public. Nothing but the truth should be spoken about him or anyone else. But it is even more important to tell the truth, pleasant or unpleasant, about him than about anyone else.’-Theodore Roosevelt.


          You could be 100% right.
          He could be 100% wrong. I accept that.
          I am just more troubled by the hypocrisy of the MSM and dems for their temper tantrums over this while they said nary a word about what happened to the Cubans.

          Interestingly, in 1975, the dems tried to block Vietnamese refugees.Biden and Gov. Brown were involved. I had forgotten about that.
          http://dailycaller.com/2017/01/29/fl...-even-orphans/
          Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

          Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Massena View Post
            Trump has written an illegal executive order. That's the issue. And the courts have already kicked in to temporarily stop it.

            Trump is not only incompetent, but he is a religious bigot and is beginning to lead the nation down the wrong road.

            Here's an excellent reminder from Teddy Roosevelt that portrays our situation quite accurately:

            ‘The President is merely the most important among a large number of public servants. He should be supported or opposed exactly to the degree which is warranted by his good conduct or bad conduct, his efficiency or inefficiency in rendering loyal, able, and disinterested service to the Nation as a whole. Therefore it is absolutely necessary that there should be full liberty to tell the truth about his acts, and this means that it is exactly necessary to blame him when he dies wrong and to praise him when he does right. Any other attitude in an American citizen is both base and servile. To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and service, but is morally treasonable to the American public. Nothing but the truth should be spoken about him or anyone else. But it is even more important to tell the truth, pleasant or unpleasant, about him than about anyone else.’-Theodore Roosevelt.
            I would like to see you do that. It might restore some credibility to your posts.
            "A foe who had fought so long and valiantly, and had suffered so much for a cause, though that cause was, I believe, one of the worst for which a people ever fought, and one for which there was the least excuse." Ulysses S. Grant

            Comment


            • #7
              One might note, that all but one of the judges who has ruled against the Trump administration are Obama appointees. The exception is a Clinton appointee... Look them up, I did...

              Go figure...

              Can you say "Going to lose on appeal or an en banc ruling by the full court?"

              Comment


              • #8
                Cracks are in the Top Floor. Well most of them.
                "Ask not what your country can do for you"

                Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

                you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Massena View Post
                  This is an interesting article about senior Republicans breaking with Trump over the Moslem ban:

                  http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...cid=spartandhp
                  Kevin from my understanding it's a temporary 120 day ban on all refugees.


                  In any event I disagree with totally banning refugees from entering the USA. I don't agree with trump on everything but he is our President.

                  As for the anti trump threads , reap what u sow folks. I'm surprised we don't have more anti trump threads considering all the heat President Obama has taken.
                  Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
                  Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

                  George S Patton

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by jonny87kz View Post
                    I would like to see you do that. It might restore some credibility to your posts.
                    He hasn't done anything 'right' yet...
                    We are not now that strength which in old days
                    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by jonny87kz View Post
                      I would like to see you do that. It might restore some credibility to your posts.
                      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post
                        Kevin from my understanding it's a temporary 120 day ban on all refugees.


                        In any event I disagree with totally banning refugees from entering the USA. I don't agree with trump on everything but he is our President.

                        As for the anti trump threads , reap what u sow folks. I'm surprised we don't have more anti trump threads considering all the heat President Obama has taken.
                        Temporary or not, it is still a ban on religion, which is unconstitutional.
                        We are not now that strength which in old days
                        Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                        Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                        To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                          One might note, that all but one of the judges who has ruled against the Trump administration are Obama appointees. The exception is a Clinton appointee... Look them up, I did...

                          Go figure...

                          Can you say "Going to lose on appeal or an en banc ruling by the full court?"
                          So now you're adopting the Obama practice of blaming the predecessor.

                          Well done.
                          We are not now that strength which in old days
                          Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                          Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                          To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Massena View Post
                            Trump has written an illegal executive order. That's the issue. And the courts have already kicked in to temporarily stop it.

                            Trump is not only incompetent, but he is a religious bigot and is beginning to lead the nation down the wrong road.

                            Here's an excellent reminder from Teddy Roosevelt that portrays our situation quite accurately:

                            ‘The President is merely the most important among a large number of public servants. He should be supported or opposed exactly to the degree which is warranted by his good conduct or bad conduct, his efficiency or inefficiency in rendering loyal, able, and disinterested service to the Nation as a whole. Therefore it is absolutely necessary that there should be full liberty to tell the truth about his acts, and this means that it is exactly necessary to blame him when he dies wrong and to praise him when he does right. Any other attitude in an American citizen is both base and servile. To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and service, but is morally treasonable to the American public. Nothing but the truth should be spoken about him or anyone else. But it is even more important to tell the truth, pleasant or unpleasant, about him than about anyone else.’-Theodore Roosevelt.

                            Theodore Roosevelt, the bull moose progressive...was one of the greatest men to have ever lived. Trump should study up on Roosevelt, both TR and FDR for that matter.
                            Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
                            Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

                            George S Patton

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Massena View Post
                              Temporary or not, it is still a ban on religion, which is unconstitutional.
                              You know more about constitutional law then me.

                              Perhaps trump banned all refugees to avoid it being called a religious ban ?
                              Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
                              Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

                              George S Patton

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X