Quebec mosque shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
    I'm sorry but that makes no sense at all.

Even insanity has its logic - I'd very surprised if there's no more to this case than that.

"Just blame IS" seems extremely convenient in this case.

"White supremacy" seems equally unlikely...

Muslim infighting or personal motives maybe ?
    Thats your reaction...which deserves a study in and of itself. I said,

Seems like a case of ISIL Muslims taking out Canadian Muslims because ISIL wants to take over the world...and ISIL will attack anyone standing in its way.

That is far away from not making any sense.

Yes, ISIL wants to take over the world

Yes, ISIL will and has attacked anyone standing in its way of world conquest.

Yes, it might not have been ISIL.
    Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
    Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
      The mosque has been attacked before - at Ramadan a pigs head was left in the doorway - that doesn't sound like other Moslem's.
      Don't know - probably easy to obtain and a grave insult to fellow Muslims ?

You could even pay someone to do it, can't cost more than 100€, much cheaper than a true hit, and hardly illegal.

The previous attack is more interesting of course, any references ?

Originally posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post
      (...) I said,

Seems like a case of ISIL Muslims taking out Canadian Muslims because ISIL wants to take over the world...and ISIL will attack anyone standing in its way.
      Yes, and I said "...that doesn't make sense at all, even insanity has its logic."

No need to repeat ourselves
      Last edited by Snowygerry; 30 Jan 17, 08:16.
      Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

Btw, when I read of this attack the first thing that came to my mind wrt the attacker was not a white man, but rather ISIL inspired Muslims.

If it comes out it was ISIL, I wont be surprised considering the vast vast majority of victims of ISIL have been Muslims.

I wager this attack was a case of a bigoted Muslim(s) attacking Canadian Muslims for supporting freedom and love.
        Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
        Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post
          (...)
          I wager this attack was a case of a bigoted Muslim(s) attacking Canadian Muslims for supporting freedom and love.
          Well that's "(Canadian) Muslim infighting" isn't it - what does IS have to do with that ?

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
            The mosque has been attacked before - at Ramadan a pigs head was left in the doorway - that doesn't sound like other Moslem's
            That isn't an attack.
            Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Ah - I figured it was attacked and vandalized, two separate incidents, and now a third.

Still a good chance there's a connection between the earlier incident and this attack - imho.

The pig head would have been a "warning" in that case.

Comment

Say, doesn't Canada have gun control?

Odd how it didn't prevent the attack.
                Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

The suspects have been identified as
                  a/ Alexandre Bissonnette
                  b/ Mohamed Khadir

According to Radio-Canada and LCN, the two suspects in Sunday’s terror attacks on a mosque in Quebec City are Alexandre Bissonnette and Mohamed Khadir. One of the suspects were arrested at the scene, while a second called 911 himself and was arrested around 9 p.m., just over an hour after the first 911 calls came in at 7:55 p.m., police said Monday morning during a news conference involving the Sûreté du Québec, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, Quebec City police and Montreal police. They were not known to police and the investigation into a possible motive continues, said superintendent Martin Plante of the RCMP’s C Division.
                  http://montrealgazette.com/news/loca...llowing-attack

No one has mentioned ISIS or ISIL in any official communique, statement or announcement

Comment

Alexandre Bissonnette is apparently a student of anthropology/political science at Laval University

http://www.lapresse.ca/le-soleil/jus...identifies.php

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                      Say, doesn't Canada have gun control?
                      Odd how it didn't prevent the attack.
                      Please do not turn this into a thread on gun control. We already have numerous threads on the subject. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Skoblin View Post
                        The suspects have been identified as
                        a/ Alexandre Bissonnette
                        b/ Mohamed Khadir

http://montrealgazette.com/news/loca...llowing-attack

No one has mentioned ISIS or ISIL in any official communique, statement or announcement
                        CBC is reporting that one of the suspects is of Moroccan decent, Mohammed Khadir, obviously.

Comment

Quebec City has one of the lowest murder rates in Canada. It's a city of about 500,000 people - Only 1 homicide in 2016 -- previous homicide came 16 months earlier

Comment

Just speculating, could it be the Suni/ Shia conflict brewing up there?
                            Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Imagine that...a Muslim terrorist attack on...Muslims. Welcome to the brave new Caliphate. In'sh'allah..."it is the will of Allah".
                              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                                Just speculating, could it be the Suni/ Shia conflict brewing up there?
                                Very doubtful. One culprit is from Morocco, predominantly Sunni and non-denominational Muslim, while the victims are mostly from Algeria and Tunisia, which are also predominantly Sunni. Moreover, there is no indication yet that Alexandre Bissonnette is even Muslim, let alone Shia or Sunni.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X