No announcement yet.

Mexican trade failure just a reflection of "Chump chaos"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I find funny is all the dire predictions of trade collapse that the MSM are predicting. Where have we seen this recently...?

Oh! That's right! Brexit! Yea, the outcome of that is Britain now is has the leading economy in Europe...

So, build the damn wall! We're really just adding a few hundred miles to what already exists and was previously authorized by Congress at this point. The MSM's hysteric cost predictions are nonsense as the money was already funded... The only thing that was holding up construction was Obama.

Comment

Originally posted by lakechampainer View Post
      I put people first, not corporations. And I put American people before Non-Americans,and certainly before investors, American or otherwise.
      If you put people before corporations, you have very little in common with the Chump presidency. His Cabinet selections alone indicate that he cares very little about ordinary people.

Furthermore, you act like it's all or nothing. You want everything to be "America always wins, everyone else always loses." The world doesn't work that way, as Chump discovered when he tried to stiff arm Mexico.
      "I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. I just kiss. I don't even wait. You can do anything... Grab them by the [redacted]. You can do anything."
      -The President of the United States of America.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
        Hey, maybe we can get back to the "good old days" when the US - Mexico border was more like Ypres in France in 1915...
        It wouldn't surprise me at all. Starting a land war with Mexico because of a bruised ego is just the kind of response I would expect from a narcissist that takes his lead from Putin.

After all, he just recommended an illegal tax just because someone thumbed his nose at him. And then he had to take it all back and beg for forgiveness....what a strong leader!
        "I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. I just kiss. I don't even wait. You can do anything... Grab them by the [redacted]. You can do anything."

Comment

So your hatred of President Trump is because you are happy with the trade imbalance with Mexico? What would you all do about the trade imbalance with foreign countries? Because what we have been doing is failing miserably. Any ideas to improve our trade?

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
            What I find funny is all the dire predictions of trade collapse that the MSM are predicting. Where have we seen this recently...?

Oh! That's right! Brexit! Yea, the outcome of that is Britain now is has the leading economy in Europe...

So, build the damn wall! We're really just adding a few hundred miles to what already exists and was previously authorized by Congress at this point. The MSM's hysteric cost predictions are nonsense as the money was already funded... The only thing that was holding up construction was Obama.
            About the same degree of perception as the people on the Titanic who said what a lot of ice - what's the problem? Or the 1914 crowd who said just a local tiff soon be over,
            Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
            Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
              Too soon to rep you, but excellent!
              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by armor11 View Post
                It wouldn't surprise me at all. Starting a land war with Mexico because of a bruised ego is just the kind of response I would expect from a narcissist that takes his lead from Putin.

After all, he just recommended an illegal tax just because someone thumbed his nose at him. And then he had to take it all back and beg for forgiveness....what a strong leader!
                Mexico started our last "land war" not the US. We got tired of bandits, posing as revolutionaries, like Pancho Villa coming over the border and robbing banks and shooting citizens. This began a fortification of the border to stop it and the rest of the Mexican revolutionaries took offense to being kept out of the US resulting in open, if ineffective, trench warfare.
                But, the depredations of US property came to a crashing halt.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                  What? No fig leaf covering this up...?

Comment

Originally posted by Karri View Post
                    That's what you, and people like you, are being sold.
                    Thanks for setting me right. Till now I have had to think for myself.

Comment

Originally posted by armor11 View Post
                      If you put people before corporations, you have very little in common with the Chump presidency. His Cabinet selections alone indicate that he cares very little about ordinary people.

Furthermore, you act like it's all or nothing. You want everything to be "America always wins, everyone else always loses." The world doesn't work that way, as Chump discovered when he tried to stiff arm Mexico.
                      Should I or should I not work towards outcomes in my best interests? For one thing, One job I worked at, the majority of the production was moved to Mexico granted after I was no longer there - I was no longer there, since as the project engineer there was no more capital going in in advance of no more production.

One of my desired outcomes is more/a return to industrial production in the US.

Or should I work towards your outcomes - how about stating one of yours explicitly, as I have?

Comment

Originally posted by lakechampainer View Post
                        Thanks for setting me right. Till now I have had to think for myself.
                        Or maybe it's what you are buying. Not quite sure. Well, except for the fact that it ain't happening.
                        Wisdom is personal

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikeye View Post
                          So your hatred of President Trump is because you are happy with the trade imbalance with Mexico?
                          We can have a trade imbalance with Mexico and still be wildly successful.

What would you all do about the trade imbalance with foreign countries?
                          I would invest in creating technologies and products that other countries want. Build useful emerging technologies that only *we* can make. Look to the future.

Chump? He's focusing on oil and coal. That's dumb.

A trade imbalance is only one aspect of the economy. Jobs and growth are also important. If you focus on creating valuable technologies and products, it creates a robust overall economy and puts us in a leadership position for the long term.

And what's to stop other countries from increasing their own tariffs?
                          Because what we have been doing is failing miserably. Any ideas to improve our trade?
                          You act like it's some kind of macho thing. That's it's somehow "morally wrong" if we have a trade imbalance. We've had a trade imbalance since 1950.

We need to innovate, not use taxes to cover up our lack of "Yankee Ingenuity."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X