Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Press Secretary Floats the wall funding sceme being looked at. Not Mexico ever....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
    (...) Not the Mexican company that sells them.
    Even if they did it's not "Mexico" paying - it's a private company paying,

which may or may not be owned by Mexicans.
    Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
      Even if they did it's not "Mexico" paying - it's a private company paying,

which may or may not be owned by Mexicans.
      Its the spirit of the thing.
      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
        yes, it is in the spirit of having the US working class pay for the wall and lots of other money for the Feds to spend as they please. Straight out of their wallets to DC.
        “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
        “To talk of many things:
        Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
        Of cabbages—and kings—
        And why the sea is boiling hot—
        And whether pigs have wings.”
        ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Great description of the Trump Admin faulty handling of this whole mess.

https://www.theatlantic.com/business...ll-tax/514664/

Keystone Cops of Foreign Policy.

At around 3:30 PM on Thursday afternoon, one day after President Trump signed an executive order to build a border wall with Mexico, White House spokesman Sean Spicer told reporters on Air Force One that the administration had figured out a way to pay for it: A 20 percent tax on all Mexican imports—or so it initially seemed
          Oops... our bad...We meant a tax of 20% on EVERYTHING....

Within minutes, another theory emerged. Spicer hadn’t actually meant an import tax on Mexican goods, but rather the border adjustment plan suggested by Republicans in Congress. In this plan, companies that import goods for sale in the United States (from Mexico or anywhere) would be taxed on those imports, and wouldn’t be able to write off the cost of the imports as a business expense.
          Oops our bad. We mean we're looking at lots of things.

And then, just after 4:30, Spicer clarified: “BREAKING: Spicer tells me 20% tax on Mexican imports is NOT a policy proposal, but example of options how to pay for wall,”
          Busy hour and a half... welcome to having savvy Business leaders in charge...
          “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
          “To talk of many things:
          Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
          Of cabbages—and kings—
          And why the sea is boiling hot—
          And whether pigs have wings.”
          ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
            That just means products imported from Mexico will rise in price and the US customer will pay the difference.

Companies don't pay taxes - that's what you lot told me all those years isn't it ?
            Only if customers are willing to buy those products at increased prices. The only Americans who will pay for a Wall are the ignorant ones.

However, this is merely one of many proposals, not law...at least not yet.
            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
              I'm impressed that you actually posted that with a straight face.
              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by ljadw View Post
                Wrong :it is very easy to force Mexico to obey :for Mexico the exports to US are vital,while US can easy live without imports from Mexico :

First step : 20 % taxes

Mexico refuses to pay ? : second step :50 % taxes

Not enough ? 100 % taxes

Still not enough : stop ALL imports from Mexico and close the border;very soon Mexico will become a second Venezuela and they will beg to pay for the wall .

It is time that Mexico is paying for the evil it is doing;the time of Obama is over .

Trump has them by their balls.
                you gonna make my shot of tequila cost 20 bucks remember we had a whiskey rebellion over less

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                  OMG the best of them.

Comment

Originally posted by craven View Post
                    OMG the best of them.
                    I remember him, that was Bobo's press secretary, wasn't he?
                    ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
                      You need an economics lesson. Import taxes are paid by the US COMPANY that imports them. Not the Mexican company that sells them. That is what an import tax is.....
                      The taxes are NOT an aim,but a way to force the Mexican state to pay for the wall : the taxes will hurt the Mexican companies and the Mexican economy : as 8O % of the Mexican exports have as destination the US, import taxes will hurt Mexico severily.

If the price of the Mexican imports is going up, people in the US will buy less Mexican products.And these taxes will force Mexico to give in .

US can live without the imports from Mexico, Mexico can not live without the exports to the US .

Trump has them by the balls .

Comment

The taxes are NOT an aim,but a way to force the Mexican state to pay for the wall : the taxes will hurt the Mexican companies and the Mexican economy : as 8O % of the Mexican exports have as destination the US, import taxes will hurt Mexico severily.
                        Yet that doesn't change the fact that the cost for the wall would regardless be paid by the US consumers.
                        If the price of the Mexican imports is going up, people in the US will buy less Mexican products.And these taxes will force Mexico to give in .
                        Yes and no. A fair bit of what Mexico exports to USA are parts and components to 'US products'. It would be practically impossible to replace the manufacturer of those components so instead it will also drive certain US products prizes up. And i doubt Mexico would give in - people would not allow so it would be a political suicide for any Mexican politician to even suggest that. Trump's talks have only solidified that stance.
                        US can live without the imports from Mexico, Mexico can not live without the exports to the US .
                        Contrary to fairly common belief Mexico does not export raw material to the USA. http://atlas.media.mit.edu/en/visual...usa/show/2014/ So it is not quite the situation you seem to imagine it as being. If Trump insists on doing that then Mexico will apply its own retaliatory tariffs. Which would in all likelihood only leave China as a winner since both USA and Mexico would lose.
                        It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, it is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed. The hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion

Comment

Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
                          I remember him, that was Bobo's press secretary, wasn't he?
                          Naw Obama never needed someone that good.

Although I hope Trump grows into his job or he going need bring this guy back from the grave.

There are no American forces in Baghdad. what about those tanks over there

It would of been great to talk to Bob

Comment

Trump has them by the balls .
                            BS me and my friends will pay for that wall.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X