Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Press Secretary Floats the wall funding sceme being looked at. Not Mexico ever....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Press Secretary Floats the wall funding sceme being looked at. Not Mexico ever....

Yes, one way the Trump Admin is thinking of making Mexico pay for the wall is to have the US Consumer actually pay for it.....

http://www.businessinsider.com/sean-...imports-2017-1

Sean Spicer, White House press secretary for President Donald Trump, told reporters on Thursday that the administration is pushing for a 20% border tax on Mexican imports.

"When you look at the plan that’s taking shape now, using comprehensive tax reform as a means to tax imports from countries that we have a trade deficit from, like Mexico,"
    "It clearly provides the funding and does so in a way that the American taxpayer is wholly respected," Spicer said.
    Spicer later elaborated to NBC News Correspondent Peter Alexander that the border tax was not a policy proposal, but just an example of how to pay for the wall. Trump Chief of Staff Reince Priebus also said the tax was one of a "buffet" of options for paying for the wall.
    “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
    “To talk of many things:
    Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
    Of cabbages—and kings—
    And why the sea is boiling hot—
    And whether pigs have wings.”
    ― Lewis Carroll

Dang, them Pinatas are gonna go up in price.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikeye View Post
      Dang, them Pinatas are gonna go up in price.
      Yes, that is pretty much the standard import from mexico....
      “To talk of many things:
      Of cabbages—and kings—
      ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

http://thehill.com/policy/finance/31...x-to-fund-wall

President Trump will ask Congress to impose a 20 percent tax on all imports from Mexico to pay for a wall along the United States' southern border, the White House said Thursday.

White House press secretary Sean Spicer did not give out specific details about the new tax or explain how it would be implemented, but he said it could be included in a comprehensive tax reform package.

“We can do $10 billion a year and easily pay for the wall just through that mechanism alone. That’s really going to provide the funding,” Spicer told reporters aboard Air Force One.
        Let's see, we've never had conservatives post on this board about how raising taxes on goods and business simply means that the customers, i.e. US Consumers REALLY pay, NOT the business.

I'm sure that we'll soon be told that NO longer holds true during the Presidency of Donald Trump.
        “To talk of many things:
        Of cabbages—and kings—
        ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Poor Press Sec... they get to float these trial balloons and are stuck with saying... well.... errr... not really policy... just an example.... err.r.

Later in the day Mr Spicer 'clarified' his comment...

http://thehill.com/policy/finance/31...o-pay-for-wall

White House press secretary Sean Spicer on Thursday said imposing a 20 percent tax on imports from Mexico is just one option President Trump is considering to pay for a wall along the U.S. southern border.

Spicer sought to clarify his earlier comments about the plan, saying they were not meant to be an official policy rollout.

“Our job right now isn’t to roll something out or be prescriptive,” the spokesman told reporters inside his West Wing office. “It’s to show that there are ways that the wall could be paid for. Full stop. That’s it.”
          Poor man, worse job in America.

I'm betting this is going over like a lead balloon with the GOP.... business etc.
          “To talk of many things:
          Of cabbages—and kings—
          ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
            http://thehill.com/policy/finance/31...x-to-fund-wall

Let's see, we've never had conservatives post on this board about how raising taxes on goods and business simply means that the customers, i.e. US Consumers REALLY pay, NOT the business.

I'm sure that we'll soon be told that NO longer holds true during the Presidency of Donald Trump.
            --------------------------
            As I am a Libertarian and an ex small business owner I can tell you for a fact taxes are passed on to the consumer. Especially if its an excise tax because an owner of business can not write off an excise tax its considered cost of goods. But a business owner does pay numerous other taxes or fee's that can or cant be passed on. Mostly due to the internet and their ability to do business without paying taxes on goods in the states they are selling them to. In Cali where I did business it was extremely hard and in my case impossible to compete with the internet because an out of state business didn't have to pay excise taxes in California. Only a business selling out of Cali had too. I'm not sure if this happens in all states but it certainly did here.

Comment

I know a lot potential upset Trump supporter if it hits the price of tequila

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
                Poor Press Sec... they get to float these trial balloons and are stuck with saying... well.... errr... not really policy... just an example.... err.r.

Later in the day Mr Spicer 'clarified' his comment...

http://thehill.com/policy/finance/31...o-pay-for-wall

Poor man, worse job in America.

I'm betting this is going over like a lead balloon with the GOP.... business etc.
                Being the press secretary always sucks when your principal does stupid stuff. But normally you get to deal with one before the next one comes up. Almost couldn't pay me enough for that job. Except it does appear to pay off after you leave the job

Comment

Originally posted by craven View Post
                  Being the press secretary always sucks when your principal does stupid stuff. But normally you get to deal with one before the next one comes up. Almost couldn't pay me enough for that job. Except it does appear to pay off after you leave the job

"Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

20% border tax on Mexican imports.
                    That just means products imported from Mexico will rise in price and the US customer will pay the difference.

Companies don't pay taxes - that's what you lot told me all those years isn't it ?
                    Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

6 of 9.
                      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
                        That just means products imported from Mexico will rise in price and the US customer will pay the difference.

Companies don't pay taxes - that's what you lot told me all those years isn't it ?

Wrong :it is very easy to force Mexico to obey :for Mexico the exports to US are vital,while US can easy live without imports from Mexico :

First step : 20 % taxes

Mexico refuses to pay ? : second step :50 % taxes

Not enough ? 100 % taxes

Still not enough : stop ALL imports from Mexico and close the border;very soon Mexico will become a second Venezuela and they will beg to pay for the wall .

It is time that Mexico is paying for the evil it is doing;the time of Obama is over .

Trump has them by their balls.

Comment

Who pays taxes then ?

Surely not "Mexico".

Companies importing or US consumers - there are no other options.
                          Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

Originally posted by ljadw View Post
                            Wrong :it is very easy to force Mexico to obey :for Mexico the exports to US are vital,while US can easy live without imports from Mexico :

Not enough ? 100 % taxes

Still not enough : stop ALL imports from Mexico and close the border;very soon Mexico will become a second Venezuela and they will beg to pay for the wall .

It is time that Mexico is paying for the evil it is doing;the time of Obama is over .

You need an economics lesson. Import taxes are paid by the US COMPANY that imports them. Not the Mexican company that sells them. That is what an import tax is.....
                            “To talk of many things:
                            Of cabbages—and kings—
                            ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by ljadw View Post

Not enough ? 100 % taxes

Not to mention that with each 5% reduction in commercial haulage over the Mexican border drug interdiction soars.

And that a great deal of Mexican imports are fruits and vegetables which can (and used to be) be produced in the USA.
                              Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X