Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• President Donald Trump says that he believes torture works

https://www.yahoo.com/news/latest-tr...cs.html?ref=gs

President Donald Trump says that he believes torture works, saying that "we have to fight fire with fire."

In an interview with ABC News, the president says he will confer with Defense Secretary James Mattis and CIA director Mike Pompeo to determine what can and cannot be done legally to combat the spread of radicalism.

He says that radical groups "chop off the citizens' or anybody's heads in the Middle East, because they're Christian or Muslim or anything else."

Adding, "we have that and we're not allowed to do anything. We're not playing on an even field."

But Trump says, of using torture tactics, "absolutely I feel it works."
    No more subcontracting? No more black sites? No more "just" waterboarding?
    "We have no white flag."

Originally posted by GMan88 View Post
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/latest-tr...cs.html?ref=gs

No more subcontracting? No more black sites? No more "just" waterboarding?
    Considering how cherry picked and edited down those quotes are and considering how the left considers anything beyond poking with soft cushions torture, I wouldn't start handwringing yet.
    A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

I thought mattis already told him he did not think it works and hes against it. {waterboarding}

Comment

There are many ways one can torture the evil to obtain information without resorting to their level of peeling fingernails and cutting off body parts.

The Muslim insurrection in the Philippines quickly ended when the word got out that bullets were being dipped in pig fat. Certainly something similar, the threat of pig fat, could be used on those who's brain has been poisoned by Radical Islam.

Those on the bleeding heart Left will argue that torture never works. That is why one verifies the information being extracted regardless of the interrogation methods used.

BTY, the Feds have routinely violated the Miranda Rights of citizens in the past which included an 18 hour interrogation of an individual I know that made the mistake of parking in front of the Federal Building in Detroit with a rental truck as he went inside to conduct a mandated change of address as a firearm dealer. Or, the case of James Nichols, guilt by association, not to mention the harassment of numerous individuals living in the area. http://www.nytimes.com/1995/05/12/us...onspiracy.html So desperate the anti gun Clinton Administration was to connect the Michigan Militia to that case in their effort to eliminate the Second Amendment.

Those that the torture would be conducted on are NOT US citizens or combatants in the military of a nation at war. (Think Gitmo detainees.)
        “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

Torture the Evil...Seriously

Comment

Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post
            There are many ways one can torture the evil to obtain information without resorting to their level of peeling fingernails and cutting off body parts.

The Muslim insurrection in the Philippines quickly ended when the word got out that bullets were being dipped in pig fat. Certainly something similar, the threat of pig fat, could be used on those who's brain has been poisoned by Radical Islam.

Those on the bleeding heart Left will argue that torture never works. That is why one verifies the information being extracted regardless of the interrogation methods used.

BTY, the Feds have routinely violated the Miranda Rights of citizens in the past which included an 18 hour interrogation of an individual I know that made the mistake of parking in front of the Federal Building in Detroit with a rental truck as he went inside to conduct a mandated change of address as a firearm dealer. Or, the case of James Nichols, guilt by association, not to mention the harassment of numerous individuals living in the area. http://www.nytimes.com/1995/05/12/us...onspiracy.html So desperate the anti gun Clinton Administration was to connect the Michigan Militia to that case in their effort to eliminate the Second Amendment.

Those that the torture would be conducted on are NOT US citizens or combatants in the military of a nation at war. (Think Gitmo detainees.)

Will (is?) there be double standard in respecting human rights then? And, following theprinciple of having to get critical information, what if a particular suspect abroad is a US citizen?

I'm actually half in half out on this.
            "We have no white flag."

Comment

Originally posted by GMan88 View Post
              Will (is?) there be double standard in respecting human rights then? And, following the principle of having to get critical information, what if a particular suspect abroad is a US citizen?

I'm actually half in half out on this.

I do wonder about this; https://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/w...e-strikes.html

Obama has proven that playing nice to those that would just as soon cut off the hand offered in friendship doesn't work. It makes us look weak and puny to the rest of the world.
              “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

"Torture" is just an emotionally loaded phrase used to condemn interrogation techniques that make the left sad.

Considering the track record of terrorists only one question should be asked when considering any interrogation technique: does it work? If it doesn't work it is impractical to use it. If it does work I don't give a rat's fart how many marks it leaves. Only combatants who respect the Geneva Convention rate its protection. Those that don't should be dealt with according to cold blooded pragmatism.
                A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Do you think Trump was speaking from personal experience? Maybe streaming the TV shows: "Tellytubbies, Barney and Spongebob Squarepants" for the detainees would be considered inhumane?

Pruitt
                  Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                    Do you think Trump was speaking from personal experience? Maybe streaming the TV shows: "Tellytubbies, Barney and Spongebob Squarepants" for the detainees would be considered inhumane?

Pruitt
                    "You're going to tell us, and you're going to tell us now: who lives in a pineapple under the sea?"

Comment

Originally posted by jeffdoorgunnr View Post
                      I thought mattis already told him he did not think it works and hes against it. {waterboarding}
                      I've always been confused when General Mattis talks about this. His back ground is military and he is now Secretary of Defense.

Isn't this an intelligence matter?
                      "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
                      Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

Comment

Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post
                        I've always wondered how effective using medications would be. I would imagine the CIA and other intelligence agencies have looked into them.
                        "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
                        Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

Comment

The problem with never torture is that good people will find themselves in situations where they will feel it necessary to sacrifice themselves on the alter of other peoples virtue signaling.
                          We hunt the hunters

Comment

Anyone who has passed a kidney stone knows torture works.

The base fallacy is that torture is an end unto itself. That is a huge myth. It is an adjutant to interrogation.

The purpose of waterboarding and similar extreme methods is to transfer control to the captive: when he starts to talk, the distress stops. When he stops talking, it starts.

Once he starts talking, standard interrogation tactics begins. You never do this on spec; you only interrogate when you already know from other sources a portion of the facts of the matter.

You toss out a couple confirmed facts so the target knows that you know some of the deal. Therefore he has to sail close to the wind in his explanations in order to keep the distress at bay. Studying his responses will fill in some of the blanks, because he will have to include some truths because he doesn't know what parts you know, and what you don't.

And with rare exceptions, once they start talking, they never stop. It is an aspect of Human nature. You have a session, let them rest and relax, then the next day or so you have another session and point out something they lied about. They explain it away, and so on.

Inflicting distress simply opens the door.
                            Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Why not? After all, Hillary's use of it in her campaign explaining her lies got Trump elected...!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
                                Adults Rashid Dostur
                                by casanova
                                The Warlord Abdul Rashid Dostur came back to Afghanistan and was promoted to military marshal by the Afghanian president Ashraf Ghani. ...
                                Today, 00:48
                              • casanova
                                Alouette III
                                by casanova
                                The military helicopter Alouette Iii will be staioned off duty in 1923 because of oldness by the Austrian airforce. The Austrian airfoce wants to buy...
                                Today, 00:22
                              • casanova
                                Israel Army
                                by casanova
                                The Israelian Army stationed all airdefencesystens, tanks and soldiers on the Liban and Syrian border. The Iran wants to attack Israel. Arabian terrorists...
                                Yesterday, 23:15
                              Working...
                              X