No announcement yet.

Should Trump declare a War on Poverty?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Call it corporate welfare (it is actually a classic example if you ask me) or simply corruption masked as Civic Improvement, I think that ordering the taxpayers to subsidize that kind of crap is just another example of how the public gets fleeced by the powerful.
    Couldn't agree more.

We just got a billion dollar toy train that I can walk faster than it moves. Light rail is insanity if it is on city streets and goes nowhere.

Now they want me to vote for a GOB that they will not say how they will spend it. But a good bit of it would go to minority contractors who are horrible just to keep the minority voters thinking they care.

The Democratic party has always been a disaster and now I don't think they can dig their way our of the corruption. So we have the choice of small time Democratic hustlers or big time banksters. This has been going on for most of our history but something has changed and people don't want to take it anymore.
    We hunt the hunters

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
      Them New Balance sneakers ain't cheap.
      Plus what looks like a new, not dirty, down jacket and even the pure clean white hat. Homeless, maybe, broke nada.
      "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

How about a war on "taxation without representation", on of the fundamentals of our nation?
        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          How about a war on "taxation without representation", on of the fundamentals of our nation?
          I think it's "taxation is representation" these days. That is to say those who have representation decide what is and isn't taxed. Themselves for sure not.
          Wisdom is personal

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post
            IMO, yes Donald J Trump should declare a war on poverty.
            Only if he wants to look like as big an idiot as Johnson.
            Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

You should never declare a war without a plan for victory.

Since there is no plan for victory against poverty, to do so would be arrogance and folly. It was the same for the war on drugs, the war on terror, and just about every ambiguous "war" the United States has ever "declared".

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X