• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'EPA braces for a Trump thumping"

And the leaks go on...
    EPA braces for a Trump thumping

By JOHN SICILIANO • 1/23/17 12:18 PM

The Trump administration is readying an action plan that targets the Environmental Protection Agency for major cuts and would roll back the agency's climate change agenda so another "establishment" administration can't just pick up where President Obama left off.

"Unless major reforms of the agency's use of science and economics are achieved, EPA will be able to return to its bad old ways as soon as an establishment administration takes office," according to an action plan drafted by Myron Ebell, the head of President Trump's EPA transition team, that was leaked Monday.

The plan listed a number of programs that must be stopped, including greenhouse gas regulations for both new and existing "coal and natural gas power plants," vehicle fuel efficiency standards, the Waters of the U.S. Rule that expands EPA's enforcement authority...

[...]

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/ep...rticle/2612678

Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Good news.
    ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

I'd start by issuing an executive order removing all firearms, ammunition, and "police" gear from the EPA's jurisdiction. They have zero need of their own private police force.
      Follow that by taking away all their law enforcement powers. If someone is doing something criminal, let them refer it to the FBI for investigation and then let the DOJ handle prosecution.

Next, hit them with an order to pay full restitution for the Gold King Mine disaster out of their current budget. Tell the agency it's their fault, and just like any other polluter, they have to pay full restitution. "Find something to cut out of your budget to make the money available."
      That would force the EPA to stop doing "stuff" to pay the billions owed for that mess. That would also put them on notice if they do it again, they're going to suffer badly for it.

Comment

Been a long time coming.
        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
          I'd start by issuing an executive order removing all firearms, ammunition, and "police" gear from the EPA's jurisdiction. They have zero need of their own private police force.
          Follow that by taking away all their law enforcement powers. If someone is doing something criminal, let them refer it to the FBI for investigation and then let the DOJ handle prosecution.

Next, hit them with an order to pay full restitution for the Gold King Mine disaster out of their current budget. Tell the agency it's their fault, and just like any other polluter, they have to pay full restitution. "Find something to cut out of your budget to make the money available."
          That would force the EPA to stop doing "stuff" to pay the billions owed for that mess. That would also put them on notice if they do it again, they're going to suffer badly for it.
          Fully agree. And make them knock off prosecuting ranchers for having a stock pond by calling it "wetlands".
          Last edited by Mountain Man; 24 Jan 17, 10:12. Reason: spelling error due to diplopia

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            Fully agree. And make them knock off prosecuting ranchers for having a stock pong by calling it "wetlands".
            If you redefine "water ways" and "wetlands" as

A. Naturally occurring
            B. Perennial

You cure most of that problem. Stock ponds are neither. Neither are coy ponds or fish farms. It also means they can't call a dry wash in Arizona a "waterway" and claim regulatory power over it.

Comment

Newsbytes – Trump’s first executive actions put EPA, CDC, & Dakota pipeline into a tailspin

Anthony Watts / 43 mins ago January 24, 2017
              Via Climate Nexus:

EPA Faces a Freeze & Friendly Fire: The EPA has been ordered to freeze all its grants and contracts, including programs for climate research, environmental justice, and pollution prevention, according to internal communications leaked anonymously to several outlets Monday evening. It’s unclear if the freeze is permanent, and EPA staff are under orders to not discuss the move outside the agency, the sources told press. News of the freeze and gag order comes a day after Axios leaked details of the transition team’s “agency action” plan for EPA, which accuses EPA of “us[ing] regulatory policy to steer the science” and recommends that the agency stop funding science and overhaul its internal science advisory process “to eliminate conflicts of interest and inherent bias.” Axios also quoted a Republican lobbyist who flags “dozens” of EPA-related executive orders coming down the pike in the next month. Sources: (Grant freeze: Huffington Post, ProPublica, Washington Post $, The Hill. Agency action plan: Axios, The Hill. EOs: Axios. Commentary: Vox, Brad Plumer analysis, Buzzfeed, Dino Grandoni analysis)

CDC, Fearing Trump, Pulls Climate Summit: The Centers for Disease Control has “quietly” cancelled an upcoming summit on public health and climate change, Climatewire reported Monday.

[...]

Trump Eyes DAPL As Water Protectors Regroup: In his first official press conference as White House press secretary, Sean Spicer strongly implied that the Trump administration will push through both the Dakota Access and Keystone pipelines as part of its “America First” energy plan.

[...]

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2017/01/...to-a-tailspin/

WTF does the CDC have to do with climate change???
              Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
                Newsbytes – Trump’s first executive actions put EPA, CDC, & Dakota pipeline into a tailspin

Anthony Watts / 43 mins ago January 24, 2017
                Via Climate Nexus:

EPA Faces a Freeze & Friendly Fire: The EPA has been ordered to freeze all its grants and contracts, including programs for climate research, environmental justice, and pollution prevention, according to internal communications leaked anonymously to several outlets Monday evening. It’s unclear if the freeze is permanent, and EPA staff are under orders to not discuss the move outside the agency, the sources told press. News of the freeze and gag order comes a day after Axios leaked details of the transition team’s “agency action” plan for EPA, which accuses EPA of “us[ing] regulatory policy to steer the science” and recommends that the agency stop funding science and overhaul its internal science advisory process “to eliminate conflicts of interest and inherent bias.” Axios also quoted a Republican lobbyist who flags “dozens” of EPA-related executive orders coming down the pike in the next month. Sources: (Grant freeze: Huffington Post, ProPublica, Washington Post $, The Hill. Agency action plan: Axios, The Hill. EOs: Axios. Commentary: Vox, Brad Plumer analysis, Buzzfeed, Dino Grandoni analysis)

CDC, Fearing Trump, Pulls Climate Summit: The Centers for Disease Control has “quietly” cancelled an upcoming summit on public health and climate change, Climatewire reported Monday.

[...]

Trump Eyes DAPL As Water Protectors Regroup: In his first official press conference as White House press secretary, Sean Spicer strongly implied that the Trump administration will push through both the Dakota Access and Keystone pipelines as part of its “America First” energy plan.

[...]

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2017/01/...to-a-tailspin/

When I read the article about the CDC, that was my thought too.
                Why are they spending our money on climate change conferences?

I doubt that even GW supporters would argue that climate change is something the CDC should be addressing.
                Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
                  [
                  By 2006, many scientists had recognized the need to prepare for the impact climate change will likely have on health, both in the U.S. and worldwide. The CDC Climate and Public Health Framework was created in the same year to address this issue. In 2009, CDC formally established the Climate and Health Program.
                  Our mission is to:
                  Lead efforts to identify populations vulnerable to climate change.
                  Prevent and adapt to current and anticipated health impacts.
                  Ensure that systems are in place to detect and respond to current and emerging health threats.
                  CDC's Building Resilience Against Climate Effects (BRACE) Framework
                  CDC’s Climate and Health Program is the only HHS investment in climate change adaptation. We support state and city health department efforts to develop and pilot methods to adapt to the present and future health effects of climate change. Our program accomplishes this through funding provided to 16 states and two cities through the Climate Ready States and Cities Initiative (CSCRI). Funded states use the Building Resilience Against Climate Effects (BRACE) framework to identify likely climate impacts in their communities, potential health effects associated with these impacts, and their most at-risk populations and locations. BRACE helps states develop and implement health adaptation plans that impact health and address gaps in critical public health functions and services
                  https://www.cdc.gov/climateandhealth/default.htm

That answer your question?

Comment

A. Naturally occurring
                    B. Perennial

You cure most of that problem. Stock ponds are neither. Neither are coy ponds or fish farms. It also means they can't call a dry wash in Arizona a "waterway" and claim regulatory power over it.
                    But...but...then the EPA would lose it's power and it's income from all those exhorbitant fines.

Comment

I already knew that was the answer. The problem is that the question shouldn't even exist...

Comment

Not really. It reads more like a bureaucratic smoke screen designed to obscure the truth from the public.

During my lifetime so far I have lived in some widely ranging and often extreme climates, and it has had ZERO effect on my health.

Sounds to me like the CDC jumping onto what they hope will be a richly rewarded band wagon.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          But...but...then the EPA would lose it's power and it's income from all those exhorbitant fines.
                          Just for them...

Comment

I agree.
                            Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

A. Naturally occurring
                              B. Perennial

Agreed. There's a lot of common sense in this thread.

I would add.....

We shouldn't hamper farming due to a tiny fish that nature herself has deemed obsolete.

These changes aren't going to destroy the environment. I love the outdoors. I love the woods, I love the beach. I love doing that all in my Jeep.

I've seen a lot of trails closed over the last couple years that should be open. Most recently are trails in the Upper Delaware National Recreation Area. I want that opened back up....
                              ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X