Fake votes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
    Hey I live in CA and I'm telling you that voter fraud is quite alive and well here.
    Anecdotal claim. Produce some studies that show that there is a real problem. The Doctor has found one on non-citizen voting, but even the author of that paper doesn't think it is a large problem

Can we get a federal investigation started anytime soon?[/
    Start a petition on the White House website.

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post

Can we get a federal investigation started anytime soon?
      You're in luck; Trump has just tweeted that he will order investigations.

Part of it will be on voters registered in more than 1 state, just like Steve Bannon.

Bannon, whose registration lists a rented apartment in Manhattan as his address, cast his ballot for Trump in New York, according to a source familiar with his arrangements.

Bannon, however, also remains registered to vote in Florida, according to state records.
      https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...on-voter-fraud
      Last edited by Aber; 25 Jan 17, 10:17.

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
        In my state, Washington, we have "motor voter" and when you get a wahington driver's license you can register to vote at the same time. If you are using foreign ID at that time it could be a bit difficult, but once issued the driver's license (standard, not enhanced) that and a second document proving residence, like a utility bill, will usually get you a voter regestration at the county auditors office. You sign a statement attesting to citizenship, but don't have to show proof.

Obviuosly this system needs to be tightened up a bit and hopefully our state legislature will do so, soon. Meanwhile, the system has another loosey-goosey in that will allow mail-in ballots in place of polling stations.

While voter registration is a "state's rights" item per the Constitution, founding princples imply that it should be by valid citizens only. Also, as far as I know, my state doesn't actively cull the registration list for dead or moved out of state. If you are on the rolls, you ballot comes in the mail automatically.
        http://www.dol.wa.gov/
        So in your state its not difficult to vote if you are not a citizen.

Comment

Originally posted by BorderRuffian View Post
          Does the state of California even have a system to check citizenship status if someone claims to be a citizen?
          Yes it does.

Google is your friend.
          "I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. I just kiss. I don't even wait. You can do anything... Grab them by the [redacted]. You can do anything."
          -The President of the United States of America.

Comment

Originally posted by Aber View Post
            Anecdotal claim. Produce some studies that show that there is a real problem. The Doctor has found one on non-citizen voting, but even the author of that paper doesn't think it is a large problem

Start a petition on the White House website.
            heres an article from 2008..........good explanation..........http://www.thecuttingedgenews.com/index.php?article=691.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffdoorgunnr View Post
              heres an article from 2008..........good explanation..........http://www.thecuttingedgenews.com/index.php?article=691.
              Given that focuses on a Government paper from 2005, perhaps you could come up with something more recent to show that there is still a problem.

Comment

Given that focuses on a Government paper from 2005, perhaps you could come up with something more recent to show that there is still a problem.
                I would say just extrapolate those figures...........

Comment

Originally posted by jeffdoorgunnr View Post
                  So in your state its not difficult to vote if you are not a citizen.
                  Would seem to be the case. And there is a Catch 22 here in that it would take extensive invetigation to determine whom is or isn't a citizen.

For some time now our state has been on of many where it is easy to get a "basic" driver's license, and many non-residents come here and get the temporary documentation needed to get a license to take to another state.

Latest word is that we may see that change as Federal driver license and ID standards may make the "enhanced" license the only one we can issue. This would require a birth certificate and/or US passport to get.
                  Last edited by G David Bock; 26 Jan 17, 14:40.
                  TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

Since that have been no significant actions to improve security or punish offenders, the data in 2005 is, as jeff noted, simply a baseline for a downward line..
                    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X