Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump signs 3 Executive Orders!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• President Trump signs 3 Executive Orders!

Executive Orders -
    1) Withdraws USA from TPP
    2) NGO's - access to abortion overseas- Back and forth since Clinton
    3) Freeze on Federal Employee hiring - except Miltiary

WOW we have a real work horse now.
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikeye View Post
      Executive Orders -
      I was listening the other night to a broadcast of a Trump rally in Eire PA. The participants were talking about all the jobs their area has lost to China over the years. One of the speakers spoke of how the US no longer manufactures things. That got me thinking, that for all the complaining, the US remained either the No1 or No2 manufacturing country for pretty much all of my life, and that economists expect the US to reclaim her No1 position from the PRC by the end of the decade. And while it's true a fair number of jobs were lost to low wage countries, in the not-too-distant future, even more jobs are going to be lost to automation. What are these people expecting Trump to do -- outlaw the computer?

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Trump is not the disease, he's merely the symptom. It's stupid voters possessed of unrealistic expectations that are the problem.
      I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Wait, I don't see anything remotely facist in any of those actions.
        I feel so betrayed.
        The left promised me fascism!
        Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

I think the last one is not the greatest idea. There should be firings in the federal government, the ones who did fast and furious, the ones doing the IRS scandal, State Department, ect...

Those people are senior management and should lose their jobs for malfeasance. And if it caused the life of people they should lose their pensions and maybe face criminal charges.

We have to find replacements for these people and just giving some toady of the previous cabal the job means just more of the same...
          Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
            I think the last one is not the greatest idea. There should be firings in the federal government, the ones who did fast and furious, the ones doing the IRS scandal, State Department, ect...

Those people are senior management and should lose their jobs for malfeasance. And if it caused the life of people they should lose their pensions and maybe face criminal charges.

We have to find replacements for these people and just giving some toady of the previous cabal the job means just more of the same...

Agreed. I just read that the hiring freeze is being applied retroactively so as to address the people who were just hired but have not started. Allegedly some federal agencies went on a hiring spree to get ahead of Trump.
            Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikeye View Post
              Executive Orders -
              2) NGO's - access to abortion overseas- Back and forth since Clinton
              3) Freeze on Federal Employee hiring - except Miltiary
              What is TPP?
              Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                What is TPP?
                Trans-Pacific Trade Pact. Both Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump ran against TPP.
                I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

These are three solid orders. I just hope he doesn't try to make abortion illegal.

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                  What is TPP?
                  Figures.
                  "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                  - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Well, by comparison, Obama's first executive order was to CYA by limiting access to his records.

https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-200...df/E9-1712.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                      I was listening the other night to a broadcast of a Trump rally in Eire PA. The participants were talking about all the jobs their area has lost to China over the years. One of the speakers spoke of how the US no longer manufactures things. That got me thinking, that for all the complaining, the US remained either the No1 or No2 manufacturing country for pretty much all of my life, and that economists expect the US to reclaim her No1 position from the PRC by the end of the decade. And while it's true a fair number of jobs were lost to low wage countries, in the not-too-distant future, even more jobs are going to be lost to automation. What are these people expecting Trump to do -- outlaw the computer?

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Trump is not the disease, he's merely the symptom. It's stupid voters possessed of unrealistic expectations that are the problem.
                      very true. the democrats do not have a monopoly on stupid.

Comment

Trans-Pacific Trade Pact. Both Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump ran against TPP.
                        But she loved it at first until she realized which way the wind was blowing.
                        Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Why would experts claim that manufacturing jobs are coming back?

There certainly are no indications of it at the moment.
                          Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

It isn't to some extent about the number of manufacturing jobs but about the morality of people content to not contribute to society. Trump may be slightly racist, sexist and Islamophobic but the left's total rejection of meritocracy is a far greater immorality because it punished the individual by placing them in an identity category fundamentally in opposition to the idea of liberty the U.S. was founded on.

We are engaged in a war of ideas and when the left abandoned the worker in favor of cultural Marxism they abandoned any hope of regaining the moral high ground. Freedom does not exist at the collective level but is a characteristic of the individual. We insure the rights of individuals collectively by adhering to the rule of law. The rule of law however is impossible in a society where people are unwilling to contribute materially to it's well being.

The question is could the left have held on to the moral high ground by being champions of workers. I think that the answer to that question is only if they were willing to acknowledge the fairness of meritocracy.
                            We hunt the hunters

Comment

ThinkProgress on TPP pre-Trump: TPP bad
                              Obama’s Free Trade Deal Lets Corporations Impose Their Will
                              Progressives who usually make up President Obama’s base of supporters are mounting loud protests against his newest proposal on international trade, the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP), as a key Democrat in the Senate reportedly prepares to strike a deal that would send the TPP hurtling toward passage.

While liberal objections to free trade deals often spring from concerns about lost jobs, the newest round of that fight centers on more fundamental questions about the kind of country America should be. The TPP’s most objectionable components are less about actual trade, and more centered on the future of online freedom of speech and the balance of public power between corporations and citizens. The deal appears to give high-powered corporate interests the right to edit the American social contract.
                              https://thinkprogress.org/obamas-fre...07c#.re67y2bxb

ThinkProgress on TPP post-Trump: withdrawal from TPP troubling..
                              One of Trump’s first acts of business was to withdraw from the Trans-Pacific Partnership. Now what?
                              On Monday, President Donald Trump signed an executive order removing the United States from the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP), a 12-nation trade agreement that would have tied together nearly 40 percent of the world’s GDP.
                              ... the major argument in favor of the TPP was to make sure that the United States was a leading voice in determining how trade would be conducted in Asia in the coming decades. The deal was seen as a way to contain China’s influence and to ensure that a modicum of environmental and human rights protections — though ultimately not enough to satisfy advocates — was put in place.
                              It’s unclear how, or whether, the Trump administration will replace the deal.
                              https://thinkprogress.org/tpp-out-33...b44#.4zsh8yn82

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X