No announcement yet.

More blast from the AGC Past part.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More blast from the AGC Past part.....

From Jan of 09:

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...ad.php?t=72868

Seems it was a very bad thing to not have paid all of your taxes... lots of comments.

And now in 2017:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/18/u...ney-taxes.html

President-elect Donald J. Trump’s choice for White House budget director failed to pay more than $15,000 in payroll taxes for a household employee, he admitted in a statement to the Senate Budget Committee, the sort of tax compliance issue that has derailed cabinet nominees in the past.

In a questionnaire provided to the committee, Representative Mick Mulvaney, a conservative from South Carolina and vocal proponent of fiscal restraint noted, “I have come to learn during the confirmation review process that I failed to pay FICA and federal and state unemployment taxes on a household employee for the years 2000-2004.”
    Years worth of tax mistakes, payroll tax, and all he had to do was pay the back taxes and penalty...just like in 09..... yet no one seems upset about it.

Lets see, if the Budget Director to be can't manage his own affairs, why should he be Budget Director????
    “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
    “To talk of many things:
    Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
    Of cabbages—and kings—
    And why the sea is boiling hot—
    And whether pigs have wings.”
    ― Lewis Carroll

Thread necromancy doesn't always lead where you might think...
    Originally posted by The Doctor
    HOO-RAY!!!

We no longer have to worry about IRS penalties for under-payment of taxes!!! Just say we're sorry...Pay the taxes and a little interest if and when they catch us!!!

But seriously...Geithner has all of the financial pedigrees that Bob Rubin did. On paper...If we have to have a Democrat SecTreas...He's a good candidate.

And there is just something so ironic...so filled with karma...so yin and yang...about having the IRS work for a guy who forgot to pay *his* taxes...

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...00&postcount=2
    Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

This is Monday. I predict 9 more anti-Trump threads from CE by midnight Sunday.
      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
        Thread necromancy doesn't always lead where you might think...
        Lead exactly where I thought, I read the thread. Simple fact is that it was mulled over here and deemed not a good thing.
        “To talk of many things:
        Of cabbages—and kings—
        ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
          Sorry, I take my guidance from those here that lean a bit right on the political spetrum and they seemed quite sure this was an important issue in 09. Logic says it is an important issue now.
          “To talk of many things:
          Of cabbages—and kings—
          ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
            The epic fail of "hypocrisy traps."
            1. Go back 8 years and re-post threads critical of Obama.
            2. Claim that the lack of identical threads about similar Trump-related issues is hypocrisy on the part of Trump supporters.

The logic fails on two levels:
            1. The people posting negative things about Obama 8 years ago, weren't Obama supporters, nor were they impartial observers. There is no ethical or logical requirement for partisans to be impartial.
            2. It's not the responsibility of Trump supporters to make arguments against Trump. This is the logical responsibility of Trump opponents.
            Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
              Lead exactly where I thought, I read the thread. Simple fact is that it was mulled over here and deemed not a good thing.
              It looks like I deemed it to be no big deal and a bit of a good thing.

Comment

The epic fail of "hypocrisy traps."
                1. Go back 8 years and re-post threads critical of Obama.
                2. Claim that the lack of identical threads about similar Trump-related issues is hypocrisy on the part of Trump supporters.

The logic fails on two levels:
                1. The people posting negative things about Obama 8 years ago, weren't Obama supporters, nor were they impartial observers. There is no ethical or logical requirement for partisans to be impartial.
                2. It's not the responsibility of Trump supporters to make arguments against Trump. This is the logical responsibility of Trump opponents.
                Yes, which is the very reason I'm bringing these up... I can't help but follow the trail laid down by those before me.

It also shows demonstrates that whining about little things a new President does was also perfectly acceptable. Snowflake....
                “To talk of many things:
                Of cabbages—and kings—
                ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Yes, which is the very reason I'm bringing these up... I can't help but follow the trail laid down by those before me.

It also shows demonstrates that whining about little things a new President does was also perfectly acceptable. Snowflake....
                  It just demonstrates that Obama opponents, who sniped at Obama, aren't likely to snipe at Trump. Nor is there any logical or ethical expectation that they should.

Comment

It just demonstrates that Obama opponents, who sniped at Obama, aren't likely to snipe at Trump. Nor is there any logical or ethical expectation that they should.
                    Which is why I'm bring up the past comments. We need a good reminder of what is important and what is not.

I can't wait for the debt limit this spring or summer...
                    “To talk of many things:
                    Of cabbages—and kings—
                    ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Which is why I'm bring up the past comments. We need a good reminder of what is important and what is not.
                      Which, if you read my replies to those threads, I mostly said that the issues were unimportant and I even frequently defended Obama from unfair attacks... At least before he became Dear Leader Chairman Maobama.

I can't wait for the debt limit this spring or summer...
                      • Using debt to leverage growth = Good thing.
                      • Using debt to fund handouts and expand government = Bad thing.

Debt is a tool. It's neither good, nor bad... Sorry, Dave Ramsey.

Comment

Which, if you read my replies to those threads, I mostly said that the issues were unimportant and I even frequently defended Obama from unfair attacks... At least before he became Dear Leader Chairman Maobama.

• Using debt to leverage growth = Good thing.
                        • Using debt to fund handouts and expand government = Bad thing.

Debt is a tool. It's neither good, nor bad... Sorry, Dave Ramsey.
                        I can only assume that if they were important enough to post about in 09 they are important enough to dig up... makes sense to me...

The problem with that last part was most posters here on ACG did not make that distinction....Not even close.
                        “To talk of many things:
                        Of cabbages—and kings—
                        ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

I can only assume that if they were important enough to post about in 09 they are important enough to dig up... makes sense to me...

The problem with that last part was most posters here on ACG did not make that distinction....Not even close.
                          If something was important in 2009... Why would it be important in 2017?

I think I've pretty consistently made that distinction.

Comment

If something was important in 2009... Why would it be important in 2017?

I think I've pretty consistently made that distinction.
                            Lets tweak this a bit:

If something is petty now, why would it not be petty in 09????

If someone is a Snowflake for posting petty stuff now, why are not those that did so in 09 also a Snowflake?

Equal opportunity for all.
                            “To talk of many things:
                            Of cabbages—and kings—
                            ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Doc, I'm with you, until this portion:

The people posting negative things about Obama 8 years ago, weren't Obama supporters, nor were they impartial observers. There is no ethical or logical requirement for partisans to be impartial.
                              But there is a logical requirement for consistency. If a Trump appointee has done something very similar to an Obama appointee, then the level of criticism should be roughly the same. One shouldn't get hellfire and brimstone and the other benign silence just because one happened to have voted for the one but not the other. If you're correct -- that partisanship confers no obligation for consistency -- then partisanship is, by its very nature, just another form of hypocrisy. And logically speaking, one party's hypocrisy can not be superior to the other's. At the end of the day, hypocrisy is hypocrisy.
                              I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X