In the end, the result is what mattered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the end, the result is what mattered

We had a lively and heated election, thoroughly enjoyable for all.

But we need to reflect for a moment on the outcome: once again, a superpower peacefully transferred power.

Regardless of whether your candidate won or lost, whether you see Bobo leaving as a triumph or a tragedy, the most important thing is that the system worked.

It is not perfect by any means, but throughout our history we have seen 45 peaceful transitions of one ruling group to another performed without bloodshed.

That is the message for today: the system worked.
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post

But we need to reflect for a moment on the outcome: once again, a superpower peacefully transferred power.

Regardless of whether your candidate won or lost, whether you see Bobo leaving as a triumph or a tragedy, the most important thing is that the system worked.

It is not perfect by any means, but throughout our history we have seen 45 peaceful transitions of one ruling group to another performed without bloodshed.

Criminals are rioting in the streets of Washington, D.C. That's hardly a "peaceful" transformation. On a national/international level it's humiliating, embarrassing and shameful, and this is only the first day.

I never before realized how lawless and savage the Democrats of America truly are.
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

I think the Lincoln/Johnson, Garfield/Hayes, McKinley/Cleveland, Kennedy/Johnson transitions were a bit bloody, but I get your point. This is something everyone should be proud of.

Comment

Aahhh poor little snowman

The new emblem for the Trump supporters.
        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post

I think you have that wrong. The people that are whining and melting down are people like you, Hillary supporters that still have not accepted the truth.
          Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

You only have to take a look outside western democracy to see what a precious thing that is. The transfer of power in the rest of the world is a highly combustible event, fraught with danger of open conflict. Right now the President of Gambia has been voted out and is refusing to leave.

It is on days like this that people should rightly reflect on the state of evolution they have attained in their society, such that democracy is respected and power peacefully transferred.

When Putin eventually leaves and is replaced, the Russian system will be seriously put to the test.
            Ne Obliviscaris, Sans Peur

Comment

I don't see any Trump supporters melting down. What I see is a small minority of Mind Numb Hillary worshipers and Soro's paid rent a mob getting way more ALPHABET Lame Stream Media attention then they deserve. (Latest from Drudge.)

Unhinged Media Meltdowns...
              Maddow Cracks...
              Coverage turns tense as TV channels pivot to protests...
              Reporters outnumber protestors?

VIDEO: Businesses, Cars, Kiosks Vandalized...
              Photos of Satanists and Red Fists...
              217 Arrested...

They are free to leave the US to live with you although they would most likely want to go to some other Progressive Paradise, most likely a Dictatorship like Cuba, of their choice.
              “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

The thing about snowflakes, is that they are inherently ignorant of the definition of "precious snowflakes."
                Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post
                  I don't see any Trump supporters melting down. What I see is a small minority of Mind Numb Hillary worshipers and Soro's paid rent a mob getting way more ALPHABET Lame Stream Media attention then they deserve. (Latest from Drudge.)

Unhinged Media Meltdowns...
                  Maddow Cracks...
                  Coverage turns tense as TV channels pivot to protests...
                  Reporters outnumber protestors?

VIDEO: Businesses, Cars, Kiosks Vandalized...
                  Photos of Satanists and Red Fists...
                  217 Arrested...

They are free to leave the US to live with you although they would most likely want to go to some other Progressive Paradise, most likely a Dictatorship like Cuba, of their choice.

How about dirty old white men with tin hats?
                  "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Tsar View Post
                    I think you have that wrong. The people that are whining and melting down are people like you, Hillary supporters that still have not accepted the truth.
                    He doesn't seem to understand the concept of snowflakes. Not surprising.
                    ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

How about dirty old white men with tin hats?

Yeah but you’ve already left haven’t you?
                      Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        Criminals are rioting in the streets of Washington, D.C. That's hardly a "peaceful" transformation. On a national/international level it's humiliating, embarrassing and shameful, and this is only the first day.

I never before realized how lawless and savage the Democrats of America truly are.
                        Actually I too was very surprised at how hateful and idiotic some of the Democrats are acting. Even though I hope its just a small fringe........its more widespread than I imagined.

Comment

Indeed. That some cannot move on reminds me of us here in the Philippines. Right now there are still rumors (can't assess how true) of the other party still plotting to destabilize our government so their partymate VP can step in.
                          "We have no white flag."

Comment

True confession: I saw the title and thought there was no way I'd be agreeing with you. And yet, I agree with you! I had taken that part for granted this weekend, but its definitely something to be thankful for.

Comment

A nice video

https://youtu.be/IPqrimR8GWw
                              "We have no white flag."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X