Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bring up the ACG Past. "Office of the President-Elect....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bring up the ACG Past. "Office of the President-Elect....

Any one remember this thread:

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...ent+Elect+Seal

Some nice comments:

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...4&postcount=53

It's not appropriate for him to be doing that. It might even be illegal. He is a very savvy politician and very knowledgeable of the law. I just hope it doesn't belie the sort of arrogance that got President Clinton into trouble or worse...That it belies an insecurity that he is assuaging.

It gains him nothing and opens the door to legitimate criticism that could easily grow way out of proportion.
    And last Friday:

hmmmmmmmm no one objected....
    “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
    “To talk of many things:
    Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
    Of cabbages—and kings—
    And why the sea is boiling hot—
    And whether pigs have wings.”
    ― Lewis Carroll

Full quote...
    I think the cooperation and even an appearance of co-“presidenting” are good things.

The sticking point is that Mr. Obama is using a facsimile of the Great Seal and presenting the Office of President-elect as if it was actually a gov't office...rather than just an office paid for by the GSA.

It's not appropriate for him to be doing that. It might even be illegal. He is a very savvy politician and very knowledgeable of the law. I just hope it doesn't belie the sort of arrogance that got President Clinton into trouble or worse...That it belies an insecurity that he is assuaging.

It gains him nothing and opens the door to legitimate criticism that could easily grow way out of proportion.

All things considered, he's off to a far better start than I could have dreamed of. His proposed SecTreas, Timothy Geithner, is just about a good of a choice that a Democrat President could make. Larry Summer heading the White House Economic Council is also a surprisingly good pick.

With this economic team, the only way he could screw up the cabinet (and the country) would be if he put an enviromarxist moonbat like Robert F. Kennedy Jr. in charge of the EPA...or worse the Interior Dept.
    Note: Trump's Office of the President-Elect does not use the Great Seal...

And, apart from my criticism of the use of the Seal, my comments were very positive toward Obama.
    Attached Files
    Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

I prefer the 2016 threads where it was boldly stated that there was no way that Trump could win.

Funny how the memories skip over those!
      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

More than just the seal Doc:

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...8&postcount=18

That "office" is an office suite...Not an office as in the position of someone in the gov't.

The "Office of the President of the United States" is a where ever the POTUS happens to be. It is a constitutional office...with constitutional and statutory authority. It's not the Oval Office...That just happens to be the POTUS's main physical office.

President is an office.

The "Office of the President-elect" is a room on Connecticut Avenue.

President-elect is not an office. The gov't pays for his office-space; but he does not hold an office.
        Face it, they did the same thing.
        “To talk of many things:
        Of cabbages—and kings—
        ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
          More than just the seal Doc:

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...8&postcount=18

Face it, they did the same thing.
          And the only thing I criticized Obama for was making it appear as if the Office of the President Elect was an actual constitutional office, primarily through his misuse of the Great Seal... Which Trump has not done.

My next post in that thread...
          The law also bans the use of "any facsimile thereof, in, or in connection with, any advertisement, poster, circular, book, pamphlet, or other publication, public meeting, play, motion picture, telecast, or other production, or on any building, monument, or stationery, for the purpose of conveying, or in a manner reasonably calculated to convey, a false impression of sponsorship or approval by the Government of the United States..."

He has no official capacity to act on behalf of the gov't. Using the Seal conveys the impression that he is.

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...1&postcount=19
          You can quote me out of context all day long... But My primary criticism of Obama was his misuse of the Great Seal.
          Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

It's going to be a fun 4 years, minimum...
            “To talk of many things:
            Of cabbages—and kings—
            ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
              It's going to be a fun 4 years, minimum...
              Eight years...
              Trump Inauguration Protesters Work Hard For His Re-Election
              Protesters against Donald Trump's inauguration are putting forth their best effort to ensure that there will be a second Trump inauguration to protest.

By Robert Tracinski
              JANUARY 18, 2017

Protesters against Donald Trump’s inauguration are flooding to DC and putting forth their best effort to ensure that there will be a second Trump inauguration to protest four years from now.

I’m not boasting or gloating about this outcome. I didn’t want there to be a first Trump inauguration, and I probably won’t be too happy about a second one, either. Yes, a lot can and will go wrong with the Trump administration over the next four years, so it’s impossible to predict the next election. But everything in the behavior of Trump’s opponents on the Left tells us they are determined to learn nothing from this past election and to double down on everything that drove voters into Trump’s camp.

Let’s start with the fact that protesting a presidential inauguration is a bad idea. The whole purpose of the inauguration is for the great and good in our nation’s capital to recognize the peaceful transition of power through the electoral process laid down in our hallowed Constitution. So naturally a bunch of Democratic representatives have decided to boycott it, Rep. John Lewis is declaring Trump “illegitimate,” and busloads of leftists have already headed to DC for a week of protests. A week.

[...]

http://thefederalist.com/2017/01/18/...d-re-election/

Comment

http://www.teapartytribune.com/2012/...uguration-day/

We Have A Dream: 500,000+ Anti-Obama Activists Arrive In Washington D.C. During Obama’s Inauguration Ceremony …
                “To talk of many things:
                Of cabbages—and kings—
                ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Buy Kool Aid stock. Their sales are going to go away up.

They have doubled their shifts and now doing 24/7 and expecting to open up a new plant in the Corn Belt to keep up on demand.

"Believe me"
                  "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X