• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cambronnne
    replied
    Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
    It should be...
    The Newsweek article says:

He tells me the whole story" about how he and Miller had been prohibited from telling anyone about the likely presence of at least one Al-Qaeda terrorist, al-Mihdhar, in the U.S. the previous July, Bernazzani says.

That appears to be the extent of the information that would have stopped 9/11.
    The information seems to be about AQ operatives in the US, not details about a planned terror attack.

This hardly constitutes advanced warning of a plot to fly airplanes into the WTC and Pentagon.

Leave a comment:

• Cambronnne
    replied
    Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
    interesting, why would President Trump nominate the current Under Secretary of the VA, i.e. second in command, to be his head of the VA?

Maybe things have gotten much better, seems strange to promote the number two guy if things suck.

I agree that it is strange and disappointing.
    Hopefully the new guy has an interest in addressing the scandal that was pretty much ignored. If he doesn't, then I will agree it was a lousy selection.

Nevertheless, my point remains accurate. Only one person was adversely affected by the VA scandal that resulted in the deaths of veterans.
    Appointing the #2 guy doesn't disprove my point in any way, shape or form.

Leave a comment:

• Surrey
    replied
    Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
    The dates would matter if they were true.

K handed over the suspects, and maintained that the attack was mounted without his knowledge or approval. He even paid damages. This cost him a lot of status, but he did it.

So again: he had learned his lesson.

Facts: they're useful things.
    The dates are true and do matter. As do the facts.

The F111 bombing was in 1986 and was in response to Libyan backed attacks on US targets in Europe. Specifically a disco used by US soldiers.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1986...mbing_of_Libya

Despite the bombing Daffy continued to sponsor terrorism and in 1988 brought down Pan Am 103. You can't seriously believe that one of Daffy's senior intelligence officers would have organised the bringing down of a US airliner without direction from the boss?

Daffy only stopped his terrorist activities after the Soviet collapse.

Leave a comment:

• Tsar
    replied
    Can you point out the one that says that there is going to be suicide hijackers flying some planes into prominent buildings in September?
    Because that would be useful and actionable data. Vague warnings about hijackings are useless for anything except after-action recriminations.

Leave a comment:

• Half Pint John
    replied
    Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
    That should be common knowledge at this point.
    It should be...

Leave a comment:

• TactiKill J.
    replied
    Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
    I would like to see your source for that statement HPJ.
    That should be common knowledge at this point.

Leave a comment:

• Half Pint John
    replied
    Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
    Take your pick good buddy

https://www.google.de/search?q=FBI+f...rned+about+911

Leave a comment:

• Trung Si
    replied
    Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
    GW gets credit for 911 after his aids had advanced warning from FBI field agents, which was dismissed out of hand.

Leave a comment:

• Combat Engineer
    replied
    Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
    Outside of killing patients for profit, I'm sure the VA has been spectacular.
    Sadly, only one person has been removed from the VA, everyone else involved in that scandal has been left alone as I understand it.

BO gets the credit for killing Osama cause he was in charge at the time and he did authorize the operation.
    Bush gets credit too, but BO went ahead even though there was a potential of bad results. It was probably the only time he took a risk like that so he gets the credit.
    interesting, why would President Trump nominate the current Under Secretary of the VA, i.e. second in command, to be his head of the VA?

Maybe things have gotten much better, seems strange to promote the number two guy if things suck.

Leave a comment:

• Half Pint John
    replied
    Sadly, only one person has been removed from the VA, everyone else involved in that scandal has been left alone as I understand it.

BO gets the credit for killing Osama cause he was in charge at the time and he did authorize the operation.
    Bush gets credit too, but BO went ahead even though there was a potential of bad results. It was probably the only time he took a risk like that so he gets the credit.
    GW gets credit for 911 after his aids had advanced warning from FBI field agents, which was dismissed out of hand.

Leave a comment:

• Half Pint John
    replied
    He gave a reason for some old guys to get the sheets washed and starched. First time they've done that since George Wallace.

Leave a comment:

• Arnold J Rimmer
    replied
    Agreed.
    And they leaked the name of the pakistani Dr. who helped obtain the DNA that confirmed it was OBL. I believe he is still in prison over there.
    That was also reprehensible.
    And the left worries that Trump isn't mature enough for the office.
    The fact that the BO administration played with the lives of those people in their effort at self congratulation showed just how unready the previous administration was to lead.
    Exactly.

Leave a comment:

• Cambronnne
    replied
    True, but his people leaking the identity of the SEALs who did the job negates a lot of the credit.
    Agreed.
    And they leaked the name of the pakistani Dr. who helped obtain the DNA that confirmed it was OBL. I believe he is still in prison over there.
    That was also reprehensible.
    And the left worries that Trump isn't mature enough for the office.
    The fact that the BO administration played with the lives of those people in their effort at self congratulation showed just how unready the previous administration was to lead.

Leave a comment:

• Arnold J Rimmer
    replied
    True, but his people leaking the identity of the SEALs who did the job negates a lot of the credit.

Leave a comment:

• Cambronnne
    replied
    Plus he didn't kill Osama; the intel originated under Bush.

Nor did he end torture.

And the performance of his up-funded VA has been terrible.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X