No announcement yet.

List the good things Obama did

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you point out the one that says that there is going to be suicide hijackers flying some planes into prominent buildings in September?
    Because that would be useful and actionable data. Vague warnings about hijackings are useless for anything except after-action recriminations.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
      The dates would matter if they were true.

K handed over the suspects, and maintained that the attack was mounted without his knowledge or approval. He even paid damages. This cost him a lot of status, but he did it.

So again: he had learned his lesson.

Facts: they're useful things.
      The dates are true and do matter. As do the facts.

The F111 bombing was in 1986 and was in response to Libyan backed attacks on US targets in Europe. Specifically a disco used by US soldiers.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1986...mbing_of_Libya

Despite the bombing Daffy continued to sponsor terrorism and in 1988 brought down Pan Am 103. You can't seriously believe that one of Daffy's senior intelligence officers would have organised the bringing down of a US airliner without direction from the boss?

Daffy only stopped his terrorist activities after the Soviet collapse.
      "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
        interesting, why would President Trump nominate the current Under Secretary of the VA, i.e. second in command, to be his head of the VA?

Maybe things have gotten much better, seems strange to promote the number two guy if things suck.

I agree that it is strange and disappointing.
        Hopefully the new guy has an interest in addressing the scandal that was pretty much ignored. If he doesn't, then I will agree it was a lousy selection.

Nevertheless, my point remains accurate. Only one person was adversely affected by the VA scandal that resulted in the deaths of veterans.
        Appointing the #2 guy doesn't disprove my point in any way, shape or form.
        Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
          It should be...
          The Newsweek article says:

He tells me the whole story" about how he and Miller had been prohibited from telling anyone about the likely presence of at least one Al-Qaeda terrorist, al-Mihdhar, in the U.S. the previous July, Bernazzani says.

That appears to be the extent of the information that would have stopped 9/11.
          The information seems to be about AQ operatives in the US, not details about a planned terror attack.

This hardly constitutes advanced warning of a plot to fly airplanes into the WTC and Pentagon.
          Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X