Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
      Ended torture policies
      Tax credits to encourage businesses to hire veterans
      Increased veteran affairs budget
      Increased broadband coverage
      Ended Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell
      Expanded stem cell research
      Killed Osama

After Bush and going into Trump it was a breath of fresh air to have someone that's articulate at the helm.
      He doesn't get credit for ending Don't Ask, Don't Tell: Log Cabin Republicans v. United States of America ended DADT. The DOJ appealed the original judge's decision. Given that the Supreme Court had to rule on gay marriage, I can't figure out why anyone would laud President Obama's gay rights record.

I figure the Log Cabin Republicans have to be the most reviled group in all of politics. The Democrats figure they're Uncle Toms and the GOP doesn't want them to even be in the room, much less have a seat at the table. There's some irony in that they were the ones who sunk DADT.

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post

The Rebel????

Since when have you supported Canadian opinions? Your one of the "it's none of your business" crowd, you don't live here BS.
        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Biscuit View Post
          He doesn't get credit for ending Don't Ask, Don't Tell: Log Cabin Republicans v. United States of America ended DADT. The DOJ appealed the original judge's decision. Given that the Supreme Court had to rule on gay marriage, I can't figure out why anyone would laud President Obama's gay rights record.

I figure the Log Cabin Republicans have to be the most reviled group in all of politics. The Democrats figure they're Uncle Toms and the GOP doesn't want them to even be in the room, much less have a seat at the table. There's some irony in that they were the ones who sunk DADT.
          Plus he didn't kill Osama; the intel originated under Bush.

Nor did he end torture.

And the performance of his up-funded VA has been terrible.
          Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
            Plus he didn't kill Osama; the intel originated under Bush.

Nor did he end torture.

And the performance of his up-funded VA has been terrible.

Outside of killing patients for profit, I'm sure the VA has been spectacular.
            Sadly, only one person has been removed from the VA, everyone else involved in that scandal has been left alone as I understand it.

BO gets the credit for killing Osama cause he was in charge at the time and he did authorize the operation.
            Bush gets credit too, but BO went ahead even though there was a potential of bad results. It was probably the only time he took a risk like that so he gets the credit.
            Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
              BO gets the credit for killing Osama cause he was in charge at the time and he did authorize the operation.
              Bush gets credit too, but BO went ahead even though there was a potential of bad results. It was probably the only time he took a risk like that so he gets the credit.
              True, but his people leaking the identity of the SEALs who did the job negates a lot of the credit.
              Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                True, but his people leaking the identity of the SEALs who did the job negates a lot of the credit.
                Agreed.
                And they leaked the name of the pakistani Dr. who helped obtain the DNA that confirmed it was OBL. I believe he is still in prison over there.
                That was also reprehensible.
                And the left worries that Trump isn't mature enough for the office.
                The fact that the BO administration played with the lives of those people in their effort at self congratulation showed just how unready the previous administration was to lead.
                Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Agreed.
                  And they leaked the name of the pakistani Dr. who helped obtain the DNA that confirmed it was OBL. I believe he is still in prison over there.
                  That was also reprehensible.
                  And the left worries that Trump isn't mature enough for the office.
                  The fact that the BO administration played with the lives of those people in their effort at self congratulation showed just how unready the previous administration was to lead.
                  Exactly.

Comment

He gave a reason for some old guys to get the sheets washed and starched. First time they've done that since George Wallace.

Comment

Sadly, only one person has been removed from the VA, everyone else involved in that scandal has been left alone as I understand it.

GW gets credit for 911 after his aids had advanced warning from FBI field agents, which was dismissed out of hand.

Comment

interesting, why would President Trump nominate the current Under Secretary of the VA, i.e. second in command, to be his head of the VA?

Maybe things have gotten much better, seems strange to promote the number two guy if things suck.
                        “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
                        “To talk of many things:
                        Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
                        Of cabbages—and kings—
                        And why the sea is boiling hot—
                        And whether pigs have wings.”
                        ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                          GW gets credit for 911 after his aids had advanced warning from FBI field agents, which was dismissed out of hand.
                          I would like to see your source for that statement HPJ.
                          Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
                            Take your pick good buddy

https://www.google.de/search?q=FBI+f...rned+about+911

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
                              That should be common knowledge at this point.
                              "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                              - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
                                That should be common knowledge at this point.
                                It should be...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X