List the good things Obama did

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    I think there was some real relevance to his commuting many drug sentences for federal prisoners.
    Not me. But then, he never did anything for the police or the victims of crime.

He certainly is popular with the cartel.
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Its often a trick question when someone asks well you like this politician then tell me some accomplishments. No matter what the response....in the eyes of the critic there were no accomplishments so its often pointless even trying to list accomplishments of certain people.

Thread titles such a list the accomplishments of X often get clouded by polarizing opinions and that is just to bad. Cleary, Obama has accomplishments and cleary..GWB has accomplishments. You dont just serve 2 consecutive terms without getting something right.

GWB shook hands with and was admired by Democrats. In the eyes of some democrats GWB was a good man.

Obama shook hands with and was admired by GOP members. In the eyes of some GOP members Obama was a good man
      Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
      Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
        The fact that I might not find anything good that Obama has done isn't proof that I am biased. It might simply be proof that BO did nothing that was positive from a conservative point of view.
        If you had asked this about Bill Clinton, I would be able to identify some good things that he did. I would submit that is proof that I am not completely biased against democratic presidents.

Anyway, as I have thought about it, one good thing BO did, at least initially, was to continue the war on terror. I think he could have done a better job, but am pleased he continued it in some form.

If that's your viewpoint, then it's from your conservative point of view.
        Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
        Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

Well, ...

Originally posted by E.D. Morel View Post
          A challenge to all the conservative right-wingers on this site; list any things that the Obama administration did well. Show that you are not completely blind, that your bias is not total.
          ... O'Bama shared a few well publicized beers, and he's Irish!
          "I am Groot"
          - Groot

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post
            Its often a trick question when someone asks well you like this politician then tell me some accomplishments. No matter what the response....in the eyes of the critic there were no accomplishments so its often pointless even trying to list accomplishments of certain people.

Thread titles such a list the accomplishments of X often get clouded by polarizing opinions and that is just to bad. Cleary, Obama has accomplishments and cleary..GWB has accomplishments. You dont just serve 2 consecutive terms without getting something right.

GWB shook hands with and was admired by Democrats. In the eyes of some democrats GWB was a good man.

Obama shook hands with and was admired by GOP members. In the eyes of some GOP members Obama was a good man
            However, in the eyes of the majority of Americans, he was a self-serving incompetent who did his best to ruin America right up until his last day in office.

If you like him, you can have him. However, do not waste your time trying to sell him to the more perceptive and intelligent among us.

He was as useless as a pair of nipples on a torque wrench.
            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
              Very few Americans realized we were at war with bin Laden until 9/11... But Clinton was the master of, "The Buck Never Got Here"... He also blamed Waco on Janet Reno...

My appreciation of Bill Clinton comes from a different angle.
              Clinton
              Deepwater Royalty Relief +10
              Veto of bill opening ANWR -5,000
              Signed Kyoto Protocol -100,000
              Didn't try to unlawfully implement Kyoto +100,000
              Mostly left industry alone +5
              Score -4,985

Obama
              Unlawful drilling moratorium -1,000
              Unlawful drilling permitorium -1,000
              Regulatory malfeasance Alaska OCS -100,000
              Unlawful removal of Chukchi & Beaufort Sea OSC planning areas -1,000
              Regulatory malfeasance Gulf of Mexico OCS -10,000
              Unlawful use of regulatory malfeasance to impose Cap & Trade -100,000
              Unlawful implementation of Paris Climate Treaty -1,000,000
              Score -1,213,000
              The way I figure it, preventing a war is many times the accomplishment as fighting one. On that count Geo W Bush loses out -- but perhaps not as big as Clinton, who sat on his hands for eight years. I have every confidence that the Clinton's were receiving all kinds of dough from Big Oil . . . . Probably Lil' Oil too. Where Bill Clinton fell down were on the national security issues. While Obama may have struggled, may have come down on the wrong side of an issue, Bill Clinton just shucked 'em until his eight years were finished. Arguably the most feckless administration in recent memory.
              I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                The way I figure it, preventing a war is many times the accomplishment as fighting one. On that count Geo W Bush loses out -- but perhaps not as big as Clinton, who sat on his hands for eight years. I have every confidence that the Clinton's were receiving all kinds of dough from Big Oil . . . . Probably Lil' Oil too. Where Bill Clinton fell down were on the national security issues. While Obama may have struggled, may have come down on the wrong side of an issue, Bill Clinton just shucked 'em until his eight years were finished. Arguably the most feckless administration in recent memory.
                The difference is that Clinton mostly left the private sector alone.
                Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
                  The difference is that Clinton mostly left the private sector alone.
                  From my vocational point of view, Clinton, Bush Jr and Obama have been great. I've been making money hand over fist for the last twenty years. Even during the '08 financial tank, selling short kept me in green. Note that I don't consider a tanking economy to be among a president's accomplishments.

When all the chaff is blown away, government's entire raison d'être boils down to three words: organized armed force. Two consecutive presidents -- Clinton and Bush Jr -- pumped that pooch beyond all measure. Obama, for all his failings, which I'll grant were legion, at least brought some degree of responsibility and sanity back into the national security equation.
                  I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Ended torture policies
                    Tax credits to encourage businesses to hire veterans
                    Increased veteran affairs budget
                    Increased broadband coverage
                    Ended Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell
                    Expanded stem cell research
                    Killed Osama

After Bush and going into Trump it was a breath of fresh air to have someone that's articulate at the helm.
                    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                    - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                      He cut funding to NASA. I've given him credit for that before...
                      For a second I thought you meant the NSA....

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                      Oh! I almost forgot... I'll give him credit for not looting the White House like the Hill-Billy Clinton's did!
                      The day ain't over yet.

If less than 100 untraceable listening devices and spy-cams are discovered during the coming renovations in the White House, I might count that as a plus for Obama. It would show that he & his cronies had a little restraint.

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                        The day ain't over yet.
                        I give Obama some credit. He and Michelle aren't the out-and-out pair of criminal felons Hill-Billy are. After all, he's a rapist, and she's a thug.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post
                          If that's your viewpoint, then it's from your conservative point of view.

Why do you think I admitted to that? I am conservative and my view of him is colored by my beliefs. I believe feelings are less important than fiscal responsibility.

As a result, while some people may argue that "expanding government services" is a good thing, I balance the good with our ability to pay for things.
                          Massive debt that crushes the economy is not a good thing even if it makes the current politicians feel good about themselves.

For instance, the State of Illinois offers grants to college students to help pay for school. Those college students commit themselves to attending schools with the expectation of the money. Right now, since Illinois is bankrupt and without a budget (as well as corrupt) those students who relied on the funding are screwed, because the state cannot issue the grants even though the schools are demanding payments.
                          The students are screwed, the schools are screwed, but the politicians who promised the grants still feel good about themselves.
                          Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

I heard that he made beer in the WH. Don't know if it tasted any better than BUD, but....maybe
                            "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

There was the stimulus program. Unlike FDR's WPA, CCC, and other job creating projects such as building big dams out west and the TWA power generation projects, most of the money went to frivolous projects with large kickbacks and bailouts to banks, GM, and Chrysler. It added about a trillion to his doubling of the National Debt.
                              “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                                I heard that he made beer in the WH. Don't know if it tasted any better than BUD, but....maybe
                                You of all people should know better than calling Bud beer.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X