List the good things Obama did

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• List the good things Obama did

A challenge to all the conservative right-wingers on this site; list any things that the Obama administration did well. Show that you are not completely blind, that your bias is not total.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their
    validity." - Abraham Lincoln.
    "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

He cut funding to NASA. I've given him credit for that before.

The drone strike program was expanded. That was a good move.

Other than that, he hasn't gotten anything going that I can think of. The GOP blocked him in Congress (thankfully), and both his domestic and foreign polices have been an unmitigated disaster.
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by E.D. Morel View Post
      A challenge to all the conservative right-wingers on this site; list any things that the Obama administration did well. Show that you are not completely blind, that your bias is not total.

The fact that I might not find anything good that Obama has done isn't proof that I am biased. It might simply be proof that BO did nothing that was positive from a conservative point of view.
      If you had asked this about Bill Clinton, I would be able to identify some good things that he did. I would submit that is proof that I am not completely biased against democratic presidents.

Anyway, as I have thought about it, one good thing BO did, at least initially, was to continue the war on terror. I think he could have done a better job, but am pleased he continued it in some form.
      Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Made sure that the team that killed OBL was big enough to succeed and had backup and authorized the action even though it was inside Pakistan.

Comment

I'm waiting. It's about 24 hours before he's done (saying it was all Bush's fault) and gone.
          TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

Originally posted by AdrianE View Post
            Made sure that the team that killed OBL was big enough to succeed and had backup and authorized the action even though it was inside Pakistan.
            He didn't have any hand in that operation except the go ahead approval. Then his staff leaked data on the operation that got most of the team killed a few weeks later.
            Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

He beat Hillary...oh wait, I'm not a conservative so I can't list here...

Comment

I think there was some real relevance to his commuting many drug sentences for federal prisoners.

Comment

Originally posted by E.D. Morel View Post
                  1. If they actually vacate the White House tomorrow, I'll give them that...
                  2. On national defense, he wasn't nearly as bad as I thought he would be.
                  3. He made me appreciate Bill Clinton's administration.
                  Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                    He didn't have any hand in that operation except the go ahead approval. Then his staff leaked data on the operation that got most of the team killed a few weeks later.

As well as the Pakistani Dr. who helped establish it was OBL.
                    Last I heard that poor guy was still in a pakistani prison.

There was no need to betray the Dr.
                    And further no need to leave him there.
                    Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
                      1. If they actually vacate the White House tomorrow, I'll give them that...
                      2. On national defense, he wasn't nearly as bad as I thought he would be.
                      3. He made me appreciate Bill Clinton's administration.
                      Oh no. Clinton was far worse than Obama. When Clinton had a chance to zap bin Laden, he demurred. When Clinton had a chance to zap the ringleader behind the 1983 Marines barracks bombing at Beirut airport, Clinton demurred. Yes, there were times when Pres Obama exhibited difficulty making tough choices, and sometimes Obama chose poorly -- but Clinton made it a point to avoid making any tough decisions. Bill Clinton's presidency may very well go down as the most spineless in US history.
                      I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

I can't
                        Too Much To Do Too Little Time

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                          Oh no. Clinton was far worse than Obama. When Clinton had a chance to zap bin Laden, he demurred. When Clinton had a chance to zap the ringleader behind the 1983 Marines barracks bombing at Beirut airport, Clinton demurred. Yes, there were times when Pres Obama exhibited difficulty making tough choices, and sometimes Obama chose poorly -- but Clinton made it a point to avoid making any tough decisions. Bill Clinton's presidency may very well go down as the most spineless in US history.
                          Very few Americans realized we were at war with bin Laden until 9/11... But Clinton was the master of, "The Buck Never Got Here"... He also blamed Waco on Janet Reno...

My appreciation of Bill Clinton comes from a different angle.
                          Clinton
                          Deepwater Royalty Relief +10
                          Veto of bill opening ANWR -5,000
                          Signed Kyoto Protocol -100,000
                          Didn't try to unlawfully implement Kyoto +100,000
                          Mostly left industry alone +5
                          Score -4,985

Obama
                          Unlawful drilling moratorium -1,000
                          Unlawful drilling permitorium -1,000
                          Regulatory malfeasance Alaska OCS -100,000
                          Unlawful removal of Chukchi & Beaufort Sea OSC planning areas -1,000
                          Regulatory malfeasance Gulf of Mexico OCS -10,000
                          Unlawful use of regulatory malfeasance to impose Cap & Trade -100,000
                          Unlawful implementation of Paris Climate Treaty -1,000,000
                          Score -1,213,000
                          Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Oh! I almost forgot... I'll give him credit for not looting the White House like the Hill-Billy Clinton's did!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X