No announcement yet.

Trump wants to show off US military in Parades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please return to discussing the subject of the thread - and not each other. Thank you - ACG staff

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
      A prison industry at one time advocated for by leaders within black communities, on account of the havoc that drugs were wreaking there, a prison industry promoted by progressive politicians, a prison industry that has kept your corner of the world a going concern for better than four decades, in places like Dannemora, Elmira, and Attica. If Upstate weren't so eager to lock up Downstate's negroes then maybe the whole of Upstate would revert to uninhabited nature preserve for want of jobs.

Any of my money you want to give back?

If you'd prefer, I hear that the Democratic People's Republic of Korea is accepting applications.

Works pretty well in any hierarchical society, doesn't it. I mean, if the prevailing sentiment is statist, then it's pretty hard to avoid.

That's what happens when a progressive body politic is conditioned to call upon its political leadership to "do something": they pass more laws, which require more enforcement, which means more cops, more prosecutors, more prisons. Now maybe if the Sheeple of the State of New York weren't so quick to demand action from Albany all the time . . . .

Maybe it's because I was just a kid at the time, but I remember NJ State Troopers getting killed by I-95 drug-runners on an almost weekly basis.

And since when did the SS wear powder blue?

You're rather redefining colorblindness, aren't you.

We know where you're coming from, don't we, Товарищ.
      Those are clownish uniforms, regardless who is wearing them.
      "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
        Those are clownish uniforms, regardless who is wearing them.
        Don't go judging books by their coveres: NJS Troopers are infinitely more professional than their brethren in Newark or West New York, who must lead the nation in officers under Federal indictment.
        I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
          Don't go judging books by their coveres: NJS Troopers are infinitely more professional than their brethren in Newark or West New York, who must lead the nation in officers under Federal indictment.
          That's damning with faint praise.

Comment

Looks like the inauguration parade got toned down - Trump's transition team wanted tanks.

During the preparation for Friday’s transfer-of-power, a member of Trump’s transition team floated the idea of including tanks and missile launchers in the inaugural parade, a source involved in inaugural planning told The Huffington Post. “They were legit thinking Red Square/North Korea-style parade,” the source said, referring to massive military parades in Moscow and Pyongyang, typically seen as an aggressive display of muscle-flexing.
            The military, which traditionally works closely with the presidential inaugural committee, shot down the request, the source said. Their reason was twofold. Some were concerned about the optics of having tanks and missile launchers rolling down Pennsylvania Avenue. But they also worried that the tanks, which often weigh over 100,000 pounds, would destroy the roads.
            “I could absolutely see structural support being a reason [not to use tanks],” a Department of Defense official said. “D.C. is built on a swamp to begin with.”
            Defense Department spokeswoman Valerie Henderson declined to comment on the request for tanks and missile launchers, referring questions to the Trump transition team. Trump advisor Boris Epshteyn told HuffPost that the presidential inaugural committee worked closely with the military “to render appropriate honors” for Trump’s swearing-in. But he directed questions about “specific aspects” of the military’s support to the Defense Department.
            http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b096b4a23091f7

On the other hand, first flyover since 1949 inauguration parade:

The Air Force plans to fly four fighter jets: an *F-35, an F-16, an F-22 and an F-15E. The Navy will fly four F/A-18 combat jets. The Army will fly four UH-60 Black Hawk helicopters. The Marines will fly four V-22 Ospreys. And the Coast Guard, which is still finalizing plans, is looking at flying four MH-65 rescue helicopters,*Davis said. The number and type of planes used could change, depending on Friday’s weather, he added.* *

Comment

Originally posted by johns624 View Post
              That's damning with faint praise.
              Nah. NJ State Police are reasonably professional, at least in my experience. Newark cops are actually gangsters with shields. When I was in high school, and I-95 was the East Coast's cocaine highway, NJ Troopers were getting hosed at a rate of one a week -- or at least so I remembered. In response they adopted racial profiling in order to pinch drug runners, but their profiling methods were so crude that they essentially amounted to "black guy=drug runner." I saw old farts, retirees chugging home from Atlantic City getting pulled over. It was frankly laughable. Fortunately NJSP have grown up some since, and now utilize more sophisticated profiles. I'd sure as hell rather be pulled over by an NJ Trooper than a West Orange cop, I can tell you that.
              I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by Aber View Post
                Looks like the inauguration parade got toned down - Trump's transition team wanted tanks.
                The Huffington Post........some unnamed person in Trumps transition team.....
                "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
                  The Huffington Post........some unnamed person in Trumps transition team.....
                  Can't be true, can't nothing neg about my Donald.

Comment

Can't be true, can't nothing neg about my Donald.

An unnamed source from Huffington Post says it....and you bought it?

There are many things negative that can be said about your President, this fake news story isn't one of them.

Seriously, stop drinking the fake news Cool Aid and use some critical thinking.
                    "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Little fake, it's just that you KoolAid KIDS don't want to believe just how very flawed my president is.

Comment

Little fake, it's just that you KoolAid KIDS don't want to believe just how very flawed my president is.
                        Our President is flawed, I completely agree with that.

The problem now is that there are so many fake news stories out there that the left is accepting them as fact without digging into the story.

Think about it, every inauguration has had the military parading during it.

There really is no story to tell here so they throw in that he wanted tanks.......by an unnamed source.....

Hell even the Boy Scouts are usually there in force...except this past Friday's parade.

Normally there are a couple thousand Boy Scouts acting as guides at various locations. The terroristic threats that began in November limited it to only 56 Eagle Scouts that were safely tucked into the parade and not interacting with the crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
                          Our President is flawed, I completely agree with that.

The problem now is that there are so many fake news stories out there that the left is accepting them as fact without digging into the story.

Think about it, every inauguration has had the military parading during it.

There really is no story to tell here so they throw in that he wanted tanks.......by an unnamed source.....

Hell even the Boy Scouts are usually there in force...except this past Friday's parade.

Fine, the POTUS is the CIC but have we had MBT's going down Penn Ave?

Normally there are a couple thousand Boy Scouts acting as guides at various locations. The terroristic threats that began in November limited it to only 56 Eagle Scouts that were safely tucked into the parade and not interacting with the crowd.
                          IF the BSA isn't there then the terrorist have won and we let them. Should we live in fear of everything that might be could be or flip the finger and get on with something close to normal?

Comment

IF the BSA isn't there then the terrorist have won and we let them. Should we live in fear of everything that might be could be or flip the finger and get on with something close to normal?
                            I agree with you, the terrorist won this round.

Every inauguration my Troop has supported as has many other Troops. The Scouts are usually at key points acting as docents, the history of this goes back to 1913 with President Wilson. This year the NCAC would only allow 56 Eagle Scouts to march in the parade.....no docents because of the threats of violence.

Comment

Perhaps trump will get his parades after the defense appropriations increase by 9%?

Last edited by Cult Icon; 01 Mar 17, 17:49.
                              Zhitomir-Berdichev, West of Kiev: 24 Dec 1943-31 Jan 1944
                              Stalin's Favorite: The Combat History of the 2nd Guards Tank Army
                              Barbarossa Derailed I & II
                              Battle of Kalinin October 1941

Comment

If Trump is Hitler then the EU is a soviet style dictatorship. Get a grip on reality.
                                We hunt the hunters

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X