Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trump wants to show off US military in Parades

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #32
    Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
    So you see US troops as Nazis.

    Interesting.

    I take it you never served.
    We are already the Prison Capital of the world, and still live with the delusion we are a free society. It wouldn't take much to turn this place from a Passive Police State to an Overt One. The Troops are not Nazis, but then neither was most of the Wehrmacht, didn't stop them from carrying out the orders of one, it's amazing what ordinary people can be easily coerced into doing when part of a institutional hierarchy. "The Zimbardo Effect." The Army is not the issue, it is the show of Civil Militarism is a Dangerous Trend. Our State Police in just about every state are looking more and more like Para Military Forces. The NJ state police Uniform has been recalled, once because it was exactly like a fricken SS uniform.

    Comment


    • #33
      Originally posted by FluffyBunnyFeet View Post
      We are already the Prison Capital of the world, and still live with the delusion we are a free society. It wouldn't take much to turn this place from a Passive Police State to an Overt One. The Troops are not Nazis, but then neither was most of the Wehrmacht, didn't stop them from carrying out the orders of one, it's amazing what ordinary people can be easily coerced into doing when part of a institutional hierarchy. "The Zimbardo Effect." The Army is not the issue, it is the show of Civil Militarism is a Dangerous Trend. Our State Police in just about every state are looking more and more like Para Military Forces. The NJ state police Uniform has been recalled, once because it was exactly like a fricken SS uniform.
      Big brother has continued to expand and Trump has shown no signs of wanting to turn that trend around. When Trump's policies are what passes as anti-establishment you know we've completely lost touch with our core principles.
      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
      - Benjamin Franklin

      The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

      Comment


      • #34
        Since you refuse to serve your country and despise it so much why not leave?
        Credo quia absurdum.


        Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

        Comment


        • #35
          Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
          Since you refuse to serve your country and despise it so much why not leave?
          Is that the litmus test now? Has everyone here served? What was your MOS?

          I still have some small hope that the country one day can revert back to small government principles and fiscal responsibility. There's also some possibility that we'll value freedom and liberty above all else and we'll eventually be able to live our life how we choose without government interference. The prospect of that type of society forming in Europe is far lesser. Most European countries have ridiculous gun laws which immediately kills my interest in living there.
          "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
          - Benjamin Franklin

          The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

          Comment


          • #36
            Originally posted by FluffyBunnyFeet View Post
            We are already the Prison Capital of the world
            What is that based off of?

            I ask that because there are a lot of countries that don't consider political detainees as prisoners.
            "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

            Comment


            • #37
              Originally posted by FluffyBunnyFeet View Post
              We are already the Prison Capital of the world
              A prison industry at one time advocated for by leaders within black communities, on account of the havoc that drugs were wreaking there, a prison industry promoted by progressive politicians, a prison industry that has kept your corner of the world a going concern for better than four decades, in places like Dannemora, Elmira, and Attica. If Upstate weren't so eager to lock up Downstate's negroes then maybe the whole of Upstate would revert to uninhabited nature preserve for want of jobs.

              Any of my money you want to give back?

              Originally posted by FluffyBunnyFeet View Post
              and still live with the delusion we are a free society.
              If you'd prefer, I hear that the Democratic People's Republic of Korea is accepting applications.

              Originally posted by FluffyBunnyFeet View Post
              It wouldn't take much to turn this place from a Passive Police State to an Overt One. The Troops are not Nazis, but then neither was most of the Wehrmacht, didn't stop them from carrying out the orders of one, it's amazing what ordinary people can be easily coerced into doing when part of a institutional hierarchy. "The Zimbardo Effect."
              Works pretty well in any hierarchical society, doesn't it. I mean, if the prevailing sentiment is statist, then it's pretty hard to avoid.

              Originally posted by FluffyBunnyFeet View Post
              The Army is not the issue, it is the show of Civil Militarism is a Dangerous Trend. Our State Police in just about every state are looking more and more like Para Military Forces.
              That's what happens when a progressive body politic is conditioned to call upon its political leadership to "do something": they pass more laws, which require more enforcement, which means more cops, more prosecutors, more prisons. Now maybe if the Sheeple of the State of New York weren't so quick to demand action from Albany all the time . . . .

              Originally posted by FluffyBunnyFeet View Post
              The NJ state police Uniform has been recalled, once because it was exactly like a fricken SS uniform.
              Maybe it's because I was just a kid at the time, but I remember NJ State Troopers getting killed by I-95 drug-runners on an almost weekly basis.

              And since when did the SS wear powder blue?



              You're rather redefining colorblindness, aren't you.

              Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
              Big brother has continued to expand and Trump has shown no signs of wanting to turn that trend around. When Trump's policies are what passes as anti-establishment you know we've completely lost touch with our core principles.
              We know where you're coming from, don't we, Товарищ.
              I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

              Comment


              • #38
                Originally posted by FluffyBunnyFeet View Post
                We are already the Prison Capital of the world, and still live with the delusion we are a free society. It wouldn't take much to turn this place from a Passive Police State to an Overt One. The Troops are not Nazis, but then neither was most of the Wehrmacht, didn't stop them from carrying out the orders of one, it's amazing what ordinary people can be easily coerced into doing when part of a institutional hierarchy. "The Zimbardo Effect." The Army is not the issue, it is the show of Civil Militarism is a Dangerous Trend. Our State Police in just about every state are looking more and more like Para Military Forces. The NJ state police Uniform has been recalled, once because it was exactly like a fricken SS uniform.
                I also dislike seeing some LE dressed as if they are in the military. But you know its not the individual cops whom are the problem...its not like they are the ones deciding to spend all this $$$ on military type equipment. We need to get the word out to our Government on this one.

                Its a waste of money for LE to buy these tank type cars...and that cost is put on the citizens.
                Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
                Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

                George S Patton

                Comment


                • #39
                  Originally posted by FluffyBunnyFeet View Post
                  We are already the Prison Capital of the world, and still live with the delusion we are a free society. It wouldn't take much to turn this place from a Passive Police State to an Overt One. The Troops are not Nazis, but then neither was most of the Wehrmacht, didn't stop them from carrying out the orders of one, it's amazing what ordinary people can be easily coerced into doing when part of a institutional hierarchy. "The Zimbardo Effect." The Army is not the issue, it is the show of Civil Militarism is a Dangerous Trend. Our State Police in just about every state are looking more and more like Para Military Forces. The NJ state police Uniform has been recalled, once because it was exactly like a fricken SS uniform.
                  Feel free to leave at any time...
                  Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

                  Comment


                  • #40
                    Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                    A prison industry at one time advocated for by leaders within black communities, on account of the havoc that drugs were wreaking there, a prison industry promoted by progressive politicians, a prison industry that has kept your corner of the world a going concern for better than four decades, in places like Dannemora, Elmira, and Attica. If Upstate weren't so eager to lock up Downstate's negroes then maybe the whole of Upstate would revert to uninhabited nature preserve for want of jobs.

                    Any of my money you want to give back?



                    If you'd prefer, I hear that the Democratic People's Republic of Korea is accepting applications.



                    Works pretty well in any hierarchical society, doesn't it. I mean, if the prevailing sentiment is statist, then it's pretty hard to avoid.



                    That's what happens when a progressive body politic is conditioned to call upon its political leadership to "do something": they pass more laws, which require more enforcement, which means more cops, more prosecutors, more prisons. Now maybe if the Sheeple of the State of New York weren't so quick to demand action from Albany all the time . . . .



                    Maybe it's because I was just a kid at the time, but I remember NJ State Troopers getting killed by I-95 drug-runners on an almost weekly basis.

                    And since when did the SS wear powder blue?



                    You're rather redefining colorblindness, aren't you.



                    We know where you're coming from, don't we, Товарищ.
                    Do you? Big brother refers to domestic issues of privacy and freedom. You're quoting a discussion about foreign policy.
                    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                    - Benjamin Franklin

                    The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

                    Comment


                    • #41
                      Here we go, much more appropriate than old Nazi films. For your 2.5+hours of enjoyment, the 2016 Red Army Victory parade... oh sorry, Russian Army...

                      Last edited by Combat Engineer; 20 Jan 17, 06:15.
                      “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
                      “To talk of many things:
                      Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
                      Of cabbages—and kings—
                      And why the sea is boiling hot—
                      And whether pigs have wings.”
                      ― Lewis Carroll

                      Comment


                      • #42
                        Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                        Feel free to leave at any time...
                        So when your Country does something you don't like you leave, otherwise what are you on here always arguing about? Because everything is always they way you think it should be? I would call you a hypocrite, but that would be way to much credit for your actual issue.

                        Comment


                        • #43
                          Originally posted by FluffyBunnyFeet View Post
                          So when your Country does something you don't like you leave, otherwise what are you on here always arguing about? Because everything is always they way you think it should be? I would call you a hypocrite, but that would be way to much credit for your actual issue.
                          If you actually believe what you claim, you have three choices: do something about it, accept it, or leave.

                          You don't seem to accent it, and whining on this forum establishes you're not up to doing anything, so the only course for a man of any moral value would be to leave.

                          Need help packing?
                          Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

                          Comment


                          • #44
                            Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
                            Do you? Big brother refers to domestic issues of privacy and freedom. You're quoting a discussion about foreign policy.
                            To be honest is argument was so full of Cynical Double Speak. And apparently it is the color of the cloths that make the difference, if something looks like an exact replica of a historical genocidal symbol. I guess this guy is saying if the KKK just changed their white hoods to Yellow, they would be totally different.

                            Comment


                            • #45
                              Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                              If you actually believe what you claim, you have three choices: do something about it, accept it, or leave.

                              You don't seem to accent it, and whining on this forum establishes you're not up to doing anything, so the only course for a man of any moral value would be to leave.

                              Need help packing?
                              Again I would say you're a hippocrate, but I don't want to defame hypocrites. Plus I was not whining about it, just stating what it could also be seen as, depending on what reality one thinks they are living in. How is the cell that "rough trick" named Jim, keeps you in, suiting you anyway. Does the show of force like Spiked Leather and Chains make you feel safe, and protected, or are you starting to think you may have let yourself become the helpless subject of a tyrant.

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X