Trump May Herald a New Political Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump May Herald a New Political Order

An interesting article......he does a good job of linking the changes.

Most important, no new president, at least since Jackson, has owed so little to the political establishment. Mr. Trump was elected explicitly to change the self-serving ways of Washington. That greatly increases his freedom of action. His cabinet picks signal profound change, the likelihood of lower taxes and a regulatory environment more friendly to business. Mr. Trump also has a gift for communicating directly with the people and cutting out the oblivious media, long a part of the problem.

To bring permanent change, Mr. Trump needs policies that succeed on the ground, not merely in theory. Faster growth and rising incomes are always rewarded at the ballot box. If the president-elect makes good on his economic promises, skeptical Republicans in places like Waukesha County may come home in 2020.

But continued outreach to minority communities is also crucial. Mr. Trump has promised to address the problems of inner cities, which he accuses the Democrats of ignoring for decades. And at one rally last fall, he was handed a rainbow flag, a symbol of gay rights. He smiled broadly and held it aloft as the audience cheered.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-ma...der-1484353383
    "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

"Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

What change? This will not be the first time our taxes have been lowered and regulations reduced.
      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
      - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Ah! Ha!..the plot thickens......watch out for a new flag over the White House with two farming tools on it...... and maybe a new national anthem???........

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
          What change? This will not be the first time our taxes have been lowered and regulations reduced.

Read the article.......
          "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Bow View Post
            Ah! Ha!..the plot thickens......watch out for a new flag over the White House with two farming tools on it...... and maybe a new national anthem???........

You really don't understand anything about the USA, do you?
            Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Or about farming - when is an engineers hammer a farming tool?

However I suspect that Trump could well turn out to be another Warren Harding
              Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
              Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Hopefully a new USA where homelessness is eradicated...more then anything we need to eradicate homelessness in the USA.
                Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
                Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post
                  Hopefully a new USA where homelessness is eradicated...more then anything we need to eradicate homelessness in the USA.
                  Seems you change your priorities often.

More than any thing...nope.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post

You really don't understand anything about the USA, do you?
                    Its so easy to pull you guys chain

A lot more than you guys understand about the rest of the world..

I hope your new Messiah turns out to be all you want of him...

Comment

Originally posted by Bow View Post
                      Its so easy to pull you guys chain

A lot more than you guys understand about the rest of the world..

I hope your new Messiah turns out to be all you want of him...
                      Ya thinks so Gav

Some of these people have been to Wal Mart over a hundred times in their miserable lives.

How more fulfilling can you get Gav? Your just jealous I bet.

Say, is there even a Wal Mart in France?

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                        Ya thinks so Gav

Some of these people have been to Wal Mart over a hundred times in their miserable lives.

How more fulfilling can you get Gav? Your just jealous I bet.

Say, is there even a Wal Mart in France?
                        Over 200 years and Europeans still treat us like backwards colonials....yet seem to always need something from us when their fat is in the fire.

And you wonder why we're particularly huge fans of Euros?
                        Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
                          Over 200 years and Europeans still treat us like backwards colonials....yet seem to always need something from us when their fat is in the fire.

Well first of neither Bow or I are European.

Second off some Americans, SOME don't act or look dim witted.

The latest fat in the fire was 911 and the Euro's went into A stand with us.

I doubt your one to want to drag in all past historical relationships between the US and Europe. I'm sure you know and appreciate that with out France entering the AWI we most likely still be a Canada today, which isn't bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
                            An interesting article......he does a good job of linking the changes.

Most important, no new president, at least since Jackson, has owed so little to the political establishment. Mr. Trump was elected explicitly to change the self-serving ways of Washington. That greatly increases his freedom of action. His cabinet picks signal profound change, the likelihood of lower taxes and a regulatory environment more friendly to business. Mr. Trump also has a gift for communicating directly with the people and cutting out the oblivious media, long a part of the problem.

To bring permanent change, Mr. Trump needs policies that succeed on the ground, not merely in theory. Faster growth and rising incomes are always rewarded at the ballot box. If the president-elect makes good on his economic promises, skeptical Republicans in places like Waukesha County may come home in 2020.

But continued outreach to minority communities is also crucial. Mr. Trump has promised to address the problems of inner cities, which he accuses the Democrats of ignoring for decades. And at one rally last fall, he was handed a rainbow flag, a symbol of gay rights. He smiled broadly and held it aloft as the audience cheered.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-ma...der-1484353383
                            We replaced a member of the establishment with a member of the one percent of the one percent. He is no more in touch with the needs of main street America than Vladimir Putin is. He only relates to those vultures on Wall Street. Forgive me if my expectations for the incoming administration are a bit less than sanguine.
                            Give me a fast ship and the wind at my back for I intend to sail in harms way! (John Paul Jones)

Initiated Chief Petty Officer
                            Hard core! Old School! Deal with it!

Comment

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post

Like when we cried for assistance after 911? One of the few things that Mussolini did that was useful was the emasculation of the Mafia and other like minded organization in Southern Italy. Take a wild guess who helped those jerks set up shop again when they landed in Sicily?
                              Give me a fast ship and the wind at my back for I intend to sail in harms way! (John Paul Jones)

Initiated Chief Petty Officer
                              Hard core! Old School! Deal with it!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X