So it turns out Chump DID meet Putin...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Imperial View Post
    I don't think you owe us gratitude, with those figures I meant to show the alliance with us hasn't had a significant cost for you. So, far from excellent allies but far from costly ones either. Bottom line: expendable.
    I see. Yeah, that works.
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Too true.
      We are not now that strength which in old days
      Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
      Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
      To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by Imperial View Post
        I don't think you owe us gratitude, with those figures I meant to show the alliance with us hasn't had a significant cost for you. So, far from excellent allies but far from costly ones either. Bottom line: expendable.
        I hope that your declaration of economic and military dependence is posted all over the world and is made official policy by your government! At last, standing on your own two feet!

Well done.
        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          I hope that your declaration of economic and military dependence is posted all over the world and is made official policy by your government! At last, standing on your own two feet!

Well done.
          I hope so too but it won't be fast since it takes time for the elite to change. Even longer if you interfere with the process. But the regular people have seen how things are. So far we've done the fighting and dying for our US ally, not the other way around. But when the situation became tricky in our neighbourhood you suddenly became interested in "avoiding WW3", lifting the sanctions and doing "deals" with Russia and "helping Israel" (yeah, Israel is very helpless). Well, go ahead, no problem.
          But fool me once, shame on...shame on you. Fool me you can't get fooled again.

Hopefully a future Romanian government will also ask you to remove the missile shield base which is a security threat for our Russian neighbours.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
            It helped win the election.

The voters aren't all that impressed with NATO these days. Money goes in, nothing comes out.

Instead of feeling sorry for themselves, the citizens of Europe ought to take careful note: start bulking up.
            Nothing comes out? The security of Eastern Europe is nothing? What do you expect NATO to achieve?

Comment

Originally posted by JFKvsNixon View Post
              Nothing comes out? The security of Eastern Europe is nothing? What do you expect NATO to achieve?
              I expect it to be more useful to the USA.

Back in the Cold War it was. Now, with Russia's border moving further east and their economy in a shambles, it isn't really important.
              Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Back in the Cold War it was. Now, with Russia's border moving further east and their economy in a shambles, it isn't really important.
                Maybe if you looked at what was happening in Eastern Europe recently, you'd notice that Russia has been looking to push it's border westward, on top of it's invasion of Georgia.

What does NATO do you the US, it brings stability to the world, which then leads to greater prosperity. What does the world do with this prosperity? Buy American goods and services.

Surely you can see that Western aligned countries are much greater inclined to look towards the US?
                Last edited by JFKvsNixon; 21 Jan 17, 16:26.

Comment

Russia have comparable economy as Germany (4th).
                  Yeah,shumbles.
                  Fortess fortuan adiuvat

Comment

Originally posted by JFKvsNixon View Post
                    Maybe if you looked at what was happening in Eastern Europe recently, you'd notice that Russia has been looking to push it's border westward, on top of it's invasion of Georgia.

What does NATO do you the US, it brings stability to the world, which then leads to greater prosperity. What does the world do with this prosperity? Buy American goods and services.

Surely you can see that Western aligned countries are much greater inclined to look towards the US?
                    1) Russia's ability to project force is pretty meager.

2) When they were looking at war with NATO as part of the Warsaw Pact, the eastern European nations managed to put a lot more troops into the field than they are now.

Given Russia's strength, the eastern European nations have the capacity to defend themselves long enough for Germany, France, and the UK to come to their aid.

The EU and the UK certainly can handle Russia, providing they are willing to gear up.

Hell, Germany damn near defeated Russia twice in the 20th Century while fighting multi-front wars.

There is no reason why Europe cannot defend itself.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X