Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• President Obama commuted the prison sentence of Chelsea Manning

I wonder if Charlie Manson is next.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/...ts/ar-AAlXtr5?
    Last edited by phil74501; 17 Jan 17, 16:03. Reason: Edit title

Pfc Manning was a good leaker, while whoever leaked stuff out of Hillary's campaign is a bad leaker.

I'm glad that that's settled.
    I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
      Pfc Manning was a good leaker, while whoever leaked stuff out of Hillary's campaign is a bad leaker.

That is pretty much it.

What a joke of a POTUS.
      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

I guess Obama never learned the First Rule of Holes...

Comment

So she wants the operation and the VA doesn't have experience with it? Sounds like a good chance to practice.
          My Avatar: Ivan W. Henderson Gunner/navigator B-25-26. 117 combat missions. Both Theaters. 11 confirmed kills. DSC.

Comment

yeah I could see lowering somewhat but wow So now Snowden knows what the upper limit on any time he would do is now.

Comment

Manning, like Snowden, leaked classified national defense material... A serious crime, which could carry the death penalty.

If the DNC & Clinton material was leaked, the leaker probably didn't break any laws.
              Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Let's just hope this saves the taxpayers some $$$...
                The commutation also relieved the Department of Defense of the difficult responsibility of her incarceration as she pushes for treatment for her gender dysphoria — including sex reassignment surgery — that the military has no experience providing.

Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by holly6 View Post
                  So she wants the operation and the VA doesn't have experience with it? Sounds like a good chance to practice.
                  Does someone with a Dishonorable get VA benefits? I don't think so. A commutation isn't a pardon... So, (fill in the gender sensitive noun of your choice here) can pay for it (fill in again).

But, given that transgenders have a suicide rate that's about ten times the norm...

Transgender suicide rate
                  41 percent
                  The National Transgender Discrimination Survey, the largest study of transgender people’s experiences, found that 41 percent of transgender and gender non-conforming people have attempted suicide, a rate far higher than the national average of 4.6 percent.

Comment

Words fail me. Actually they don't but its a pg-13 forum...
                    Last edited by Bwaha; 17 Jan 17, 17:37.
                    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Wow what a treasonous piece of .
                      This is the type of stuff that'll he'll be remembered for instead of anything positive for he did for his country.
                      Last edited by VinceW; 17 Jan 17, 19:37.

Comment

Truth is treason in the empire of lies.
                        "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                        - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Today Obama pardoned a traitor (Manning) and a terrorist traitor (Lopez). I bet he will give Guantanamo Bay back to Cuba tomorrow. Can he do that without the Senate?

Better yet, can we abolish presidential pardons entirely? We're a republic, not a monarchy. We don't need some faux play on the Royal Prerogative of Mercy that only ends up being used for political purposes and donors.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisF1987 View Post
                            Today Obama pardoned a traitor (Manning) and a terrorist traitor (Lopez). I bet he will give Guantanamo Bay back to Cuba tomorrow. Can he do that without the Senate?

Better yet, can we abolish presidential pardons entirely? We're a republic, not a monarchy. We don't need some faux play on the Royal Prerogative of Mercy that only ends up being used for political purposes and donors.
                            We can't undo presidential pardons without amending the Constitution.

Regarding Gitmo, the law requires that the President to provide 30 days notice to Congress of any Gitmo transfers. He has flouted this law since at least the Berghdal treason.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                              But, given that transgenders have a suicide rate that's about ten times the norm...

Tried twice already. I guess being the belle of the cellblock isn't so great...

Yeah, no benefits whatsoever. The GCM stripped all that away years ago.

It certainly sends a message to anyone wanting to sell our secrets.
                              Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X