Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FBI arrest wife of Terrorist Orlando Killer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FBI arrest wife of Terrorist Orlando Killer!

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/16/u...teen.html?_r=0

Obstruction covers a lot of ground; it will be interesting to see the core complaint.
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
      Obstruction covers a lot of ground; it will be interesting to see the core complaint.
      Stupid question is it possible to obstruct when the suspect is dead obviously caught red handed and there will be no trial.

Or is this kind of like the perjury traps that catch people

Comment

Originally posted by craven View Post
        Stupid question is it possible to obstruct when the suspect is dead obviously caught red handed and there will be no trial.

Or is this kind of like the perjury traps that catch people
        My knowledge of the Federal Code is fragmentary. I am assuming they are treating her as a material witness, so she has no legal right to withhold information that does not incriminate herself.

I would guess, and it is just a guess, that they are digging into motivation and outside assistance/encouragement, and she is either lying or stonewalling.

But that is just me spitballing.
        Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

My knowledge of the Federal Code is fragmentary. I am assuming they are treating her as a material witness, so she has no legal right to withhold information that does not incriminate herself.

I would guess, and it is just a guess, that they are digging into motivation and outside assistance/encouragement, and she is either lying or stonewalling.

But that is just me spitballing.
          I was kind of thinking the same just find it interesting that you can guility of helping someone who already been found guilty and is dead.

Comment

But, she was in a "sanctuary city..."

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
              But, she was in a "sanctuary city..."
              No she wasn't. The article said "outside of San Francisco". She was probably arrested in the East Bay as she is to appear at the Federal Court in Oakland. She grew up in Rodeo, and maybe went back to live with her parents after the shooting incident.
              Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
                No she wasn't. The article said "outside of San Francisco". She was probably arrested in the East Bay as she is to appear at the Federal Court in Oakland. She grew up in Rodeo, and maybe went back to live with her parents after the shooting incident.
                Well then...

Comment

I was kind of thinking the same just find it interesting that you can guility of helping someone who already been found guilty and is dead.
                  Well, she hasn't been found guilty yet. But if I'm right, she's accused of hampering the investigation into whether he acted alone.

Not to mention the Bill of Rights is a bit thinner for material witnesses than it is for suspects.

Comment

Well, she hasn't been found guilty yet. But if I'm right, she's accused of hampering the investigation into whether he acted alone.

Not to mention the Bill of Rights is a bit thinner for material witnesses than it is for suspects.
                    which is one of those things I find just odd. Not sure how we ended up here on this one.

Comment

which is one of those things I find just odd. Not sure how we ended up here on this one.
                      Well, the BoR says you cannot be compelled to incriminate yourself. However, it does not protect you from being compelled to incriminate someone else.

Covering up for someone else is a crime. Accessory after the fact, in some states. In Texas, they can charge you with the original offense.

If the FBI is looking for his terror connections, and she is hiding them, then she is in a world of hurt.

Of course, the core point of her actions is just speculation on my part.

Comment

My guess and its only a guess is that they FBI thinks she knows far more than she has said so far and more than likely has probably fibbed and they know she fibbed. Who knows, going to be interesting to see what comes about.

Comment

Here are the Charges!
                          The Justice Department on Tuesday released the indictment against Noor Salman, the wife of Orlando nightclub shooter Omar Mateen, alleging that she aided and abetted her husbandís material support of terrorism and obstructed justice.
                          http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/jus...cid=spartandhp

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
                            Here are the Charges!
                            The Justice Department on Tuesday released the indictment against Noor Salman, the wife of Orlando nightclub shooter Omar Mateen, alleging that she aided and abetted her husbandís material support of terrorism and obstructed justice.
                            http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/jus...cid=spartandhp
                            yeah gonna have to see the case on this one. I thought material support was helping a terrorist organization. And he acted alone I thought so no organization.

This will be an interesting case to watch.

Comment

yeah gonna have to see the case on this one. I thought material support was helping a terrorist organization. And he acted alone I thought so no organization.

This will be an interesting case to watch.
                              I agree.

The cash penalty is oddly specific, which makes me wonder if he was acting completely alone. If he got money from a group, even without a face-to-face meet, that would be very interesting.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X