Why you don't shoot cops in Arizona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why you don't shoot cops in Arizona

A would be cop killer here in Arizona was stopped and killed in turn by a citizen packing a firearm.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/...cid=spartanntp

PHOENIX — An Arizona state trooper stopped to help at a car wreck along a remote highway Thursday when he was shot and wounded in an ambush by a man who was bashing the officer's head against the pavement until a passing driver shot him to death, authorities said.

The trooper, a 27-year department veteran, suffered a severe wound to his shoulder and upper chest but he is expected to recover at a hospital.
    "My trooper would not be alive without his assistance," Department of Public Safety Director Frank Milstead said of the good Samaritan who stopped.
    The stretch of I 10 where this happened is hardpan low desert and there's literally nothing out there. No information has been released on the ambusher, but that's probably not going to play well on the Left when it is...

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    A would be cop killer here in Arizona was stopped and killed in turn by a citizen packing a firearm.

The stretch of I 10 where this happened is hardpan low desert and there's literally nothing out there. No information has been released on the ambusher, but that's probably not going to play well on the Left when it is...
    Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

---------------

Comment

I think you'd have the same response in about any state that allows citizens to carry guns legally.

Comment

Superb!

We are not now that strength which in old days
          Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
          Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
          To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

According to local news, the citizen that shot this POS was taking his family to California for vacation...

Comment

According to local news, the citizen that shot this POS was taking his family to California for vacation...
              Luckily for the cop, he didn't know that taking his gun to CA is a big no-no.

Comment

Pretty hard to knock the 2nd Amendment when good things like this happen.

Comment

PHOENIX — An Arizona state trooper stopped to help at a car wreck along a remote highway Thursday when he was shot and wounded in an ambush by a man who was bashing the officer's head against the pavement until a passing driver shot him to death, authorities said.

The trooper, a 27-year department veteran, suffered a severe wound to his shoulder and upper chest but he is expected to recover at a hospital.
                  "My trooper would not be alive without his assistance," Department of Public Safety Director Frank Milstead said of the good Samaritan who stopped.
                  Bold is mine.

Has no one noticed that the Policeman had been shot by the perp first? No public guns, no ambush, no need for passerby to help.

If anything, this story states why a gun owning public is not the most sensible of ideas.
                  How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                  Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

Originally posted by jeffdoorgunnr View Post
                    Pretty hard to knock the 2nd Amendment when good things like this happen.
                    Exactly.

I have met very few non-Chiefs who support gun control.

Honest people do not worry me, and criminals will get anything they want no matter what the law is.
                    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
                      Bold is mine.

Has no one noticed that the Policeman had been shot by the perp first? No public guns, no ambush, no need for passerby to help.

If anything, this story states why a gun owning public is not the most sensible of ideas.
                      Not at all. Killing a police officer is one of, if not the most, severely punished crime in the USA.

Do you really think that the assailant would have changed his mind about killing a police officer if having a firearm was illegal?
                      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
                        Bold is mine.

More from the linked article in the OP, QUOTE:
                        A separate driver reported gunfire and a trooper was responding to that call when he spotted the wreck and stopped, Milstead and DPS Capt. Damon Cecil said.

The officer was putting out flares when the suspect opened fire and then physically attacked the wounded trooper, Milstead said. Both Milstead and Cecil said the trooper was ambushed.

The man was on top of the officer and "getting the better of him," slamming the trooper's head against the pavement, Milstead said. That's when the passing driver showed up and asked if the trooper needed help.
                        He said yes, and the passer-by went back to his vehicle, got his gun and told the suspect to stop the attack, Milstead said. When he didn't, the driver shot him.

Investigators were trying to determine how the rollover happened and whether the suspect was involved with the initial report of gunshots, officials said. Investigators plan to speak with the person who made that call.

So without a firearm this passing motorist would have done what?
                        Try subduing with a tire iron?
                        TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

So without a firearm this passing motorist would have done what?
                          Much the same as the shooter if he didn't have a fire arm. Driven down the road.
                          "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Wouldn't matter to me if he beat the to death with a tire iron. Well done, Sir!
                            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by johns624 View Post
                              Luckily for the cop, he didn't know that taking his gun to CA is a big no-no.
                              I don't think he cared... Most Arizonans think California is wacked.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X