Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Once again, PE Trump clearly states it will NOT be a fence, it will be a wall.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
    For those that still insist it's all about using a thesaurus instead of listening to his words, PE once again sets it all straight.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/11/u...ript.html?_r=0

Reporter:

But, but.....

fence is the SAME. He means any kind of barrier.... when he says wall he means stop the inflow...he's not an engineer....

He's very clear once again.
    Doesn't need to be "brick and morter" ...

Once again we should look to those masters of colonialism and global hegemony, the UK ~ "British", this place India and time the 19th century;

Inland Customs Line

The Inland Customs Line which incorporated the Great Hedge of India (or Indian Salt Hedge[1]) was a customs barrier built by the British across India primarily to collect the salt tax. The customs line was begun while India was under the control of the East India Company but continued into the period of direct British rule. The line had its beginnings in a series of customs houses that were established in Bengal in 1803 to prevent the smuggling of salt to avoid the tax. These customs houses were eventually formed into a continuous barrier that was brought under the control of the Inland Customs Department in 1843.

The line was gradually expanded as more territory was brought under British control until it covered a distance of more than 2,500 miles (4,000 km), often running alongside rivers and other natural barriers. At its greatest extent it ran from the Punjab in the northwest until it reached the princely state of Orissa, near the Bay of Bengal, in the southeast. The line was initially made of dead, thorny material such as the Indian Plum but eventually evolved into a living hedge that grew up to 12 feet (3.7 m) high and was compared to the Great Wall of China. The Inland Customs Department employed customs officers, Jemadars and men to patrol the line and apprehend smugglers, reaching a peak of more than 14,000 staff in 1872. The line and hedge were considered to be an infringement on the freedom of Indians and in opposition to free trade policies and were eventually abandoned in 1879 when the tax was applied at point of manufacture. The salt tax itself would remain in place until 1946.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inland_Customs_Line

Of course there would also be sensors, patrols-drone and human, and other forms of monitoring and response ....

Another part of "the system" might be to enlarge ICE enough to issue more visiting worker permits that make the "illegal" more "legal".

Comment

Originally posted by Paddybhoy View Post
      It can easily be circumvented.
      No, it can't. But, do tell us how you think a wall along the entire border would be.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
        No, it can't. But, do tell us how you think a wall along the entire border would be.
        I believe that the gentleman from Scotland was referring to a scheme to tax wire transfers from the US to Mexico. Since then, I've offered several reasons why circumventing such a tax will prove rather difficult and costly, such that those residing in the US wanting to wire funds to Mexico will choose to go through traditional channels.
        I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
          How about climbing over it or tunneling under it?
          "I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. I just kiss. I don't even wait. You can do anything... Grab them by the [redacted]. You can do anything."
          -The President of the United States of America.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
            A CEO does not normally own a company, he runs it.

Chief executive officer.

The shareholders own a company.

A CEO receives a salary - he's an employee, to be fired like every other sob if he doesn't suit my particular purpose.

I never thought the day would come I'd have to explain the concepts of the market to the self proclaimed heralds of free enterprise.

Of course this entire discussion would be futile if Trump would just release his tax declarations - every other US president did - even Rockafella
            I have a MBA so please don't be so condescending. Most CEO's are compensated with stock in the company as part of their pay package and to increase incentive. Some CEO's are sole owners. All Presidents of companies are automatically assumed to be CEO unless otherwise arranged. I know what a CEO is, I own my own company, I am CEO, and I do not draw a salary, and damn if I am an employee.

My point was that Trump has/had about 550 companies under his umbrella, and not a single one of them is/was construction.
            Last edited by Salinator; 16 Jan 17, 14:34.
            Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
              I have a MBA so please don't be so condescending. I know what a CEO is, I own my own company, I am CEO, and I do not draw a salary, and damn if I am an employee.

My point was that Trump has/had about 550 companies under his umbrella, and not a single one of them is/was construction.

An here I thought you dealt with exotic animals and your corner store was all but burnt out a couple years ago.
              "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post

An here I thought you dealt with exotic animals and your corner store was all but burnt out a couple years ago.
                So? That is a business owned by my holding company. I retired early to have fun with pets. In hindsight I should have worked longer and saved more money instead of relying on Enron and a few others.

I am also a CPA but I don't do other people's accounting. I also ran a Resort Hotel and a small chain of restaurants, and was a VP of Macy's - that was where my degree came in.
                Last edited by Salinator; 16 Jan 17, 16:38.
                Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                  To which Rockefeller are you referring, bearing in mind that none of them were ever President of the United States.
                  41st VP, and 49th governor of New York. Happy to help with your local history.

Comment

Originally posted by armor11 View Post
                    How about climbing over it or tunneling under it?
                    Tunneling is, difficult and expensive to do. It also has to be done in urban areas so the entry and exit can be hidden in buildings. For these reasons, only the drug cartels have been digging them to move their products.
                    In the last 10 years 20 tunnels have been discovered. That's a pretty low rate of just 2 per year on a 2000 mile + border.
                    Ground penetrating radar and seismic sensors can detect and find tunnels and tunneling operations as well. So, these are not going to be effective for illegal immigration purposes ever.

As for climbing over, this is largely only possible in very rural areas. Generally in more urban ones climbing over gets you caught as those are more closely patrolled. The height of the fence in these areas also means many who do try end up seriously injured doing so.
                    Rural areas are difficult to manage on foot after crossing and frequently illegals that cross in rural Arizona areas either get caught due to the length of time they are out in the open, or often they die of dehydration in the desert.
                    In both cases, you have to be in reasonably good shape to even try to climb over.

Vehicles trying to go over aren't very successful...

Again, this is mainly the cartels using stolen vehicles to move product.

So, the fence / wall is a BIG deterrent even if not 100% effective. It makes crossing much, much, more difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                      To which Rockefeller are you referring, bearing in mind that none of them were ever President of the United States.
                      Don't really know - I saw him mentioned in another thread with a bitter complaint that Trump is apparently treated differently from other millionaire-presidents in US history.

So I figured that would have been one of them -

Who were they then, the business tycoons who made the White House before Trump ?

Originally posted by Aber View Post
                      41st VP, and 49th governor of New York. Happy to help with your local history.
                      Ah, VP then - thanks for that.

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
                      (...)
                      So he says anyway

No way to tell is there ?
                      Last edited by Snowygerry; 17 Jan 17, 03:09.
                      Major Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Game.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

"Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X