Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Once again, PE Trump clearly states it will NOT be a fence, it will be a wall.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Once again, PE Trump clearly states it will NOT be a fence, it will be a wall.

For those that still insist it's all about using a thesaurus instead of listening to his words, PE once again sets it all straight.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/11/u...ript.html?_r=0

Reporter:
    And on the border fence, it now appears clear U.S. taxpayers will have to pay for it up front. What is your plan to...
    TRUMP: I’ve got it. Do you have any more?

(LAUGHTER)

On the fence — it’s not a fence. It’s a wall. You just misreported it. We’re going to build a wall. I could wait about a year-and-a-half until we finish our negotiations with Mexico, which will start immediately after we get to office, but I don’t want to wait. Mike Pence is leading an effort to get final approvals through various agencies and through Congress for the wall to begin.

I don’t feel like waiting a year or a year-and-a-half. We’re going to start building. Mexico in some form, and there are many different forms, will reimburse us and they will reimburse us for the cost of the wall. That will happen, whether it’s a tax or whether it’s a payment — probably less likely that it’s a payment. But it will happen.
    But, but.....

fence is the SAME. He means any kind of barrier.... when he says wall he means stop the inflow...he's not an engineer....

He's very clear once again.
    “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
    “To talk of many things:
    Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
    Of cabbages—and kings—
    And why the sea is boiling hot—
    And whether pigs have wings.”
    ― Lewis Carroll

Anyone want to take bets on Mexico paying for that wall? I'm willing to wager that they won't be paying for it.
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
    - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
      Anyone want to take bets on Mexico paying for that wall? I'm willing to wager that they won't be paying for it.
      Actually there's a pretty easy way to do it: place a tax on non-bank concerns' transactions -- you know, the check-cash places that also offer foreign wire transfer services. That can pay for whatever Trump puts along the border.
      I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Send them to Canada and your company can send them to Mex all day long. What then?
        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
          Actually there's a pretty easy way to do it: place a tax on non-bank concerns' transactions -- you know, the check-cash places that also offer foreign wire transfer services. That can pay for whatever Trump puts along the border.
          It can easily be circumvented.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddybhoy View Post
            It can easily be circumvented.
            Can't wire money internationally or between Federal Reserve regions without going through the Federal Reserve system.

This is actually one of the few points on which I agree with Trump. No nation wants a free-for-all along her borders, but that's been the situation along our southern border for better than twenty years. Every year some number of unknown persons crosses the border, falls injured, requires care, consumes local public services, litters, and all too often they're killed by real gangsters, the so-called "coyotes." Just one Border Patrol sector, Tuscon Arizona, has averaged better than 500 bodies a year since the late 1990s. Coyotes often assault, strand in the desert, or outright murder their charges, if they're too mouthy, or have a pretty daughter, or just to send a message to the other migrants. And on top of all that, Mexican consulates in US cities actively assist the illegal immigrants in the US, to acquire ID, bank accounts, employment, etc. In other words, the Mexican foreign ministry is actively conspiring to violate US law. I'm not saying that the Mexicans are all criminals and what not, 'cause they're not: most of them are just Regular Joe's -- but by choosing to cross the border surreptitiously, they've exposed themselves to all manner of exploitation from real criminals, and clearly the Mexican government is involved in encouraging this illegal activity. It's high time that Mexico pay for the problems they're foisting on us.

Comment

Unless you plan to charge all such transactions, even internal, anything you build can be easily bypassed. No way to isolate Mexico. Any attempt to do so will result in business setting up relay stations to complete the transactions at less cost than the Fed transaction fee.
              “To talk of many things:
              Of cabbages—and kings—
              ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
                Unless you plan to charge all such transactions, even internal, anything you build can be easily bypassed. No way to isolate Mexico. Any attempt to do so will result in business setting up relay stations to complete the transactions at less cost than the Fed transaction fee.
                Assess the charge to non-bank retail establishments -- like check cash places. It's really quite easy to do. Banks won't be incentivized to circumvent the system 'cause that might cost them their accreditation. It's how US and European banks cooperate with authorities regarding money laundering and terrorist funding. Is it 100% foolproof? No, but nothing is. And looking at the efforts against money laundering and terrorist funding, I'd say that it's at least reasonably effective.

Comment

Assess the charge to non-bank retail establishments -- like check cash places. It's really quite easy to do. Banks won't be incentivized to circumvent the system 'cause that might cost them their accreditation. It's how US and European banks cooperate with authorities regarding money laundering and terrorist funding. Is it 100% foolproof? No, but nothing is. And looking at the efforts against money laundering and terrorist funding, I'd say that it's at least reasonably effective.
                  And how is that making Mexico pay for the wall? That is making everyone that uses cash transfers pay for the wall, no matter where they are sending money to. That was NOT his promise. My statement that it could be circumvented has nothing to do wih banks. I was talking about the very same establishments.
                  “To talk of many things:
                  Of cabbages—and kings—
                  ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

And how is that making Mexico pay for the wall? That is making everyone that uses cash transfers pay for the wall, no matter where they are sending money to. That was NOT his promise. My statement that it could be circumvented has nothing to do wih banks. I was talking about the very same establishments.
                    Remittances to Mexico run between $1.8 billion and $2 billion per month. That's a lot of money, and a lot of individual transactions. But if it'll satisfy your curiosity, there's nothing stopping Congress from enacting a law stipulating a new tax on wire transfers specifically to Mexico.

By the way, the State of New York assesses an extra transaction tax against just such establishments, so making people of modest means pay more is not exactly unheard of, even among relatively progressive governments. How it's done in your state I obviously cannot say, but I wouldn't be surprised to learn that it's similar.

Comment

Remittances to Mexico run between $1.8 billion and $2 billion per month. That's a lot of money, and a lot of individual transactions. But if it'll satisfy your curiosity, there's nothing stopping Congress from enacting a law stipulating a new tax on wire transfers specifically to Mexico.

By the way, the State of New York assesses an extra transaction tax against just such establishments, so making people of modest means pay more is not exactly unheard of, even among relatively progressive governments. How it's done in your state I obviously cannot say, but I wouldn't be surprised to learn that it's similar.
                      And as soon as you make the fee for transactions to Mexico, businesses will sprout up in other countries that accept the US transfer and then send it to mexico for less than the fee the Feds charge. The work around we are talking about. If there is money to be made, someone will step in and make it.
                      “To talk of many things:
                      Of cabbages—and kings—
                      ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Personally, I don't care if he uses lace curtains as long as it gets the job done.

Obama did absolutely nothing about it and even encouraged the illegals to come here by the thousands along with the criminals and most of you said NOTHING, so where's the beef against a man who hasn't even taken office yet?

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Exactly, and while taxing that remittance, making sure that the individual sending it is paying full US taxes and Social Security.

In fact, we can kill two birds with one law and make it a Wall Tax, and thus make the illegals pay for the wall.

Last edited by Mountain Man; 12 Jan 17, 13:04. Reason: spelling error due to diplopia

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            Exactly, and will taxing that remittance, making sure that the individual sending it is paying full US taxes and Social Security.

In fact, we can kill two birds with one law and make it a Wall Tax, and thus make the illegals pay for the wall.

Sorry not possible. There is no way to verify that information, none at all.
                            “To talk of many things:
                            Of cabbages—and kings—
                            ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Sorry not possible. There is no way to verify that information, none at all.
                              The IRS can track your ancestors if they think you owe them money. They can certainly track foreign transactions, especially for a percentage of that amount of money. Your own credit card company tracks every single transaction you make and shares it with most of the world on a routine basis. The government can track every single nickle you send to an offshore account, and you're saying we can;t track some illegal who openly sends his money home?

Sure we can. There is no such word as "can't" in today's world.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X