All Parties Now Agree - Russia Attacked Our Democracy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Parties Now Agree - Russia Attacked Our Democracy

Trump finally conceded he believes Russian President Vladimir Putin's intelligence agencies were behind hacks on Democratic computers ahead of the election but argued that wouldn't happen again.
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/11/politi...hts/index.html

What should the repercussions be? The FBI, CIA and now Trump all agree that Putin led an attack against our election. Will Trump supporters finally find the courage within them to demand that we treat Russia as the aggressors they are...
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
    - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Um, "hacked our democracy"? Is that intentionally misleading or do you understand the difference between hacking the DNC and Podesta and "hacking our democracy"?

Implying they hacked the election (as you are clearly trying to do) ranks up there with birthers and truthers.
    Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
      Um, "hacked our democracy"? Is that intentionally misleading or do you understand the difference between hacking the DNC and Podesta and "hacking our democracy"?

Implying they hacked the election (as you are clearly trying to do) ranks up there with birthers and truthers.
      Still can't admit you and the others were wrong.

So who was behind the hacking and the release of the DNC and Mr Podesta's emails?
      “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
      “To talk of many things:
      Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
      Of cabbages—and kings—
      And why the sea is boiling hot—
      And whether pigs have wings.”
      ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
        Still can't admit you and the others were wrong.

So who was behind the hacking and the release of the DNC and Mr Podesta's emails?

I don't know that I ever said the russians didn't hack the DNC and podesta. Feel free to point out where I said otherwise.

I have never been concerned with who hacked the DNC, I have only addressed the claims the "election was hacked" and I seem to recall that just the other day you said that only the extremists (I don't recall your exact wording)were saying the election was hacked.
        Are you now saying this is a credible claim?

Who released the information and who did the hacking isn't in any way relevant to my point, but you knew that.
        The election wasn't hacked, neither was our democracy.
        Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

I don't know that I ever said the russians didn't hack the DNC and podesta. Feel free to point out where I said otherwise.

I have never been concerned with who hacked the DNC, I have only addressed the claims the "election was hacked" and I seem to recall that just the other day you said that only the extremists (I don't recall your exact wording)were saying the election was hacked.
          Are you now saying this is a credible claim?

Who released the information and who did the hacking isn't in any way relevant to my point, but you knew that.
          The election wasn't hacked, neither was our democracy.
          Yup I said that and it's true. The media is not using the phase in the manner you say they are. It's the Press, not a court room. No one has posted any MSM article where the press is saying Russia changed voting tallies etc.
          “To talk of many things:
          Of cabbages—and kings—
          ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
            http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/11/politi...hts/index.html

What should the repercussions be? The FBI, CIA and now Trump all agree that Putin led an attack against our election. Will Trump supporters finally find the courage within them to demand that we treat Russia as the aggressors they are...
            Go ahead, launch nukes.
            Fortess fortuan adiuvat

Comment

Yep.

It's physically impossible to hack a democracy and the only way to hack an election would be to hack the voting machines or software used to tally the votes.
              Definition of hack

[...]

intransitive verb

1a : to make chopping strokes or blows <hacked at the weeds>; also : to make cuts as if by chopping <hacking away at the work force>
              b : to play inexpert golf

2: to cough in a short dry manner

3: loaf —usually used with around

4a : to write computer programs for enjoyment
              b : to gain access to a computer illegally

[...]

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hack

Transcript of press conference...
              Reporter: First of all, did the heads of the intelligence agencies provide you with a two-page summary of these unsubstantiated allegations? And secondly to that, on the broader picture, do you accept their opinion that Vladimir Putin ordered the hack of the DNC and the attempted hack of the RNC?

And if you do, how will that color your attempts to build a relationship with a leader who has been accused of committing an act of espionage against the United States?

Trump: First of all, these meetings as you know are confidential, classified, so I'm not allowed to talk about what went on in a meeting, but we have many witnesses in that meeting, many of them with us.

And I will say, again, I think it's a disgrace that information would be let out. I saw the information. I read the information outside of that meeting.

It's all fake news. It's phony stuff. It didn't happen. And it was gotten by opponents of ours, as you know, because you reported it and so did many of the other people. It was a group of opponents that got together, sick people, and they put that crap together.

So, I will tell you that not within the meeting, but outside of the meeting, somebody released it. It should never have been -- number one, shouldn't have even entered paper, but it should never have been released.

But I read what was released, and I think it's a disgrace. I think it's an absolute disgrace. As far as hacking, I think it was Russia, but I think we also get hacked by other countries and other people.

And I can say that, you know, when we lost 22 million names and everything else that was hacked recently, they didn't make a big deal out of that. That was something that was extraordinary that was probably China.

We have much hacking going on. And one of the things we're going to do — we have some of the greatest computer minds anywhere in the world that we've assembled.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/01/11/trans...onference.html

He did not say that the Russians did it. He said, "I think it was Russia."

The preface "I think" means...
              Definitions

phrase
              You use 'I think' in conversations or speeches to make your statements and opinions sound less forceful, rude, or direct. [vagueness]

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/di...nglish/i-think

The reporter specifically asked, "do you accept their opinion that Vladimir Putin ordered the hack of the DNC and the attempted hack of the RNC?"

Words and phrases have definitions. Trump now thinks that the Russians probably hacked the DNC's and Podesta's computers. That's all.
              Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Who are you even quoting, those weren't my words.
                "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Watching literalist try to weasel is funny.....

They used these words!!!!!!!

Pass the popcorn..
                  “To talk of many things:
                  Of cabbages—and kings—
                  ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by hawker_gb View Post
                    Go ahead, launch nukes.
                    Told you so...

Seriously, have you ever seen any group of people this large going to such insane lengths to avoid processing the fact that they lost an election and have to pass on all the power for a while?

Well, maybe you can relate.
                    Got any advice for them?
                    "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                      Told you so...

Seriously, have you ever seen any group of people this large going to such insane lengths to avoid processing the fact that they lost an election and have to pass on all the power for a while?

Got any advice for them?
                      If only power wasn't being passed to a bunch of pansies that are afraid to stand up to Russia.
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Told you so...

Got any advice for them?
                        Have you ever seen any group of people go to such great lengths to deny what the US intel community has asserted? Even when PE Trump states the fact they can't admit they were wrong....
                        “To talk of many things:
                        Of cabbages—and kings—
                        ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Told you so...

Got any advice for them?
                          I really never seen so much butthurt.
                          But these loosers are not only butthurt,they are becoming bloodthirsty.

I really enjoy Trump press conference.
                          Fortess fortuan adiuvat

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
                            If only power wasn't being passed to a bunch of pansies that are afraid to stand up to Russia.
                            Be the first.
                            Lead by example
                            Fortess fortuan adiuvat

Comment

Originally posted by hawker_gb View Post
                              I really never seen so much butthurt.
                              But these loosers are not only butthurt,they are becoming bloodthirsty.

I really enjoy Trump press conference.
                              I guess the same people that now want to bend over for Russia weren't butthurt when Obama won office twice. I guess I was imagining the daily threads crying about everything under the sun. Let's also not forget all the rednecks playing army in the woods, starting militias and threatening a civil war all because they didn't like who was elected.
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X