Obama farewell Address 1/10/2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
    Whites are slowly losing the majority and the number leaving church is also running close to an all time high.

https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/a...ons-in-decline
    True. Clinton would have hastened the process and enfranchised enough non-white migrants to ensure whites would soon lose the voting majority.

What will Trump do? If enough illegal immigrants are deported, those stats will change significantly.
    Ne Obliviscaris, Sans Peur

Comment

Originally posted by Escape2Victory View Post
      True. Clinton would have hastened the process and enfranchised enough non-white migrants to ensure whites would soon lose the voting majority.

What will Trump do? If enough illegal immigrants are deported, those stats will change significantly.
      Non-Whites, like Hispanics?
      "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Nature is taking its course in the US and people of all races, colors, etc. are marrying and having kids. In several generations there will be less "white whites" and black blacks" etc.(I mean that comment in terms of physical characteristics such as red hair, dark black skin, freckles, etc.).

If the race baiters of the world just stopped causing trouble the problems would gradually go away. And by race baiters I include politicians who either only have one race behind in the picture when they are speaking at some photo-op, or even worse Hilary Clinton with her "kaleidoscope" behind her, although that kaleidoscope strangely seemed to never include working-class or middle class white males.

Really no different than 50 to a hundred years when the Oh-so-different catholics and protestants and irish and italian and french-canadians etc. etc. etc. and northerners and southerners etc. mixed naturally, as happens when men and women get together.

But in my view that doesn't mean we let in people from the outside who are against our values, who come here and do not want to assimilate. Unlike the groups mentioned above.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Sennef View Post
          The Farewell Address by the intellectual Obama seemed to me a lecture in American democracy for which I have a lot of respect.
          I heard a plea for civilized debate, for involvement, for empathy
          You just put your finger on a big part of the problem. It was a LECTURE. Not a talk with his fellow Americans, to whom he will be returning. The lecturing has gone on for 8 years, see "Beer Summit". And the calls for good things that we heard before the 2008 election (ending the endless wars, ending the blanket surveillance, prosecuting the people who caused the financial crisis, promoting understanding between Americans of all races and religions, etc. etc.) never happened.

Comment

Originally posted by lakechampainer View Post
            You just put your finger on a big part of the problem. It was a LECTURE. Not a talk with his fellow Americans, to whom he will be returning. The lecturing has gone on for 8 years, see "Beer Summit". And the calls for good things that we heard before the 2008 election (ending the endless wars, ending the blanket surveillance, prosecuting the people who caused the financial crisis, promoting understanding between Americans of all races and religions, etc. etc.) never happened.
            Exactly. It was his usual 'do as I say, not as I have done' routine.

He has good speechwriters and can follow a teleprompter like a pro, but reality and the speech have nothing in common.
            Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Nature is taking its course in the US and people of all races, colors, etc. are marrying and having kids. In several generations there will be less "white whites" and black blacks" etc.(I mean that comment in terms of physical characteristics such as red hair, dark black skin, freckles, etc.).

If the race baiters of the world just stopped causing trouble the problems would gradually go away. And by race baiters I include politicians who either only have one race behind in the picture when they are speaking at some photo-op, or even worse Hilary Clinton with her "kaleidoscope" behind her, although that kaleidoscope strangely seemed to never include working-class or middle class white males.

Really no different than 50 to a hundred years when the Oh-so-different catholics and protestants and irish and italian and french-canadians etc. etc. etc. and northerners and southerners etc. mixed naturally, as happens when men and women get together.

But in my view that doesn't mean we let in people from the outside who are against our values, who come here and do not want to assimilate. Unlike the groups mentioned above.
              For some Liberals, this is the end goal. A post-racial future where we are all interbred enough that the issue of race, if not religion, has gone away.

I am a democrat and if this is the future the majority want and will accept, so be it. I do think it is an approach laced with extreme danger for both America and Europe. There are groups out there who feel wronged and are looking for revenge for slavery, colonialism etc.

Comment

For some Liberals, this is the end goal. A post-racial future where we are all interbred enough that the issue of race, if not religion, has gone away.

I am a democrat and if this is the future the majority want and will accept, so be it. I do think it is an approach laced with extreme danger for both America and Europe. There are groups out there who feel wronged and are looking for revenge for slavery, colonialism etc.
                I'm not clear if you're referring to me as a liberal, fine either way.
                My point is, it is happening now, and of course it involves Spanish speakers of all colors and from different countries, people from all parts of the world, etc. My contention is simple: individual men and women will choose to get together. The process has accelerated over the last several decades as there has been less cultural/institutional restraint to people doing so.

Edit: And I agree with you that there are dangerous individuals out there who should not be let in. And if that means for example that someone who wants to come to the US comes from Syria or Saudi Arabia is held to a higher standard than someone from Switzerland, so be it.
                Last edited by lakechampainer; 15 Jan 17, 13:59.

Comment

I'm not clear if you're referring to me as a liberal, fine either way.
                  My point is, it is happening now, and of course it involves Spanish speakers of all colors and from different countries, people from all parts of the world, etc. My contention is simple: individual men and women will choose to get together. The process has accelerated over the last several decades as there has been less cultural/institutional restraint to people doing so.

Edit: And I agree with you that there are dangerous individuals out there who should not be let in. And if that means for example that someone who wants to come to the US comes from Syria or Saudi Arabia is held to a higher standard than someone from Switzerland, so be it.
                  I don't know if there is any research on it, but I imagine a certain % of society has a strong attachment to their race while another % is not bothered about it. We have just had an election that was quite racially charged and the voting patterns back that up. The result of that election was that America's whites outvoted other races and sent the message they do not wish to become a minority. Perhaps demographics will change that in the future, but anyone who respects democracy must respect that statement. In 2016 the liberal vision of. Obama / Clinton was debated and rejected by voters.

Comment

I take it that you consider "race" to be real? Well a 1950 UN Report backed by American scientists suggests race to be a myth.

During the 16th century explorers such as Hernan Cortes and Francis Drake were relating with the various tribes of America and Mesoamerica. Before that, The Romans were practicing a multicultural society.

North Africa and Europe have been intermingling for centuries. Ever since strong empires emerged from Africa and made way into Europe, Europe has felt an African presence. It goes both ways, the Roman Empire which began in Europe made its way to Africa and parts of Arabia. so Africa and Arabia have felt a European presence for many centuries. The British, your people....have made their way all around the world including in India which in and of itself was a huge ordeal. The British Raj greatly effected the world we live in today. Your people were both fighting with and intermingling with those Hindu and Muslim inhabitants of the Indian subcontinent during the Raj years.

When non British overtly complain about the British Empire, they are acting in a similar manner as when Brits or other Europeans complain about African history or an African presence in Europe.

Are you trying to say that the US is for whites an Africa is for blacks? Whites have been living in Africa for thousands of years, blacks have been living in Europe for thousands of years. The reason why there are these so called race issues today is due to myths that were preached by the so called scientific racists of the 16th-17th century.

There were in some cases religious discrimination during the Roman times and further the middle ages...but this is distinctly different from discriminating on a person based on how they look. I agree that some of the pro multicultural crowd gets it wrong, but what you miss is that multiculturalism describes most of the great empires and kingdoms of the past.

We need to rise above the blacks and whites of today who preach supremacy because the core European values are multicultural. The reason that most folks of today can live in a society where different looking humans exist must be influenced largely by the tolerance of our ancestors. Also most folks of today are not looking for slavery reparations.
                    Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
                    Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post
                      I take it that you consider "race" to be real? Well a 1950 UN Report backed by American scientists suggests race to be a myth.

During the 16th century explorers such as Hernan Cortes and Francis Drake were relating with the various tribes of America and Mesoamerica. Before that, The Romans were practicing a multicultural society.

North Africa and Europe have been intermingling for centuries. Ever since strong empires emerged from Africa and made way into Europe, Europe has felt an African presence. It goes both ways, the Roman Empire which began in Europe made its way to Africa and parts of Arabia. so Africa and Arabia have felt a European presence for many centuries. The British, your people....have made their way all around the world including in India which in and of itself was a huge ordeal. The British Raj greatly effected the world we live in today. Your people were both fighting with and intermingling with those Hindu and Muslim inhabitants of the Indian subcontinent during the Raj years.

When non British overtly complain about the British Empire, they are acting in a similar manner as when Brits or other Europeans complain about African history or an African presence in Europe.

Are you trying to say that the US is for whites an Africa is for blacks? Whites have been living in Africa for thousands of years, blacks have been living in Europe for thousands of years. The reason why there are these so called race issues today is due to myths that were preached by the so called scientific racists of the 16th-17th century.

There were in some cases religious discrimination during the Roman times and further the middle ages...but this is distinctly different from discriminating on a person based on how they look. I agree that some of the pro multicultural crowd gets it wrong, but what you miss is that multiculturalism describes most of the great empires and kingdoms of the past.

We need to rise above the blacks and whites of today who preach supremacy because the core European values are multicultural. The reason that most folks of today can live in a society where different looking humans exist must be influenced largely by the tolerance of our ancestors. Also most folks of today are not looking for slavery reparations.
                      It was a rambling post, but to tease out some key points I am arguably a racist in that I identify strongly with my race, but I am not a supremacist. I don't think whites are better than blacks, just different. Anyone who thinks not had better hold onto their hats because as we advance our understanding of DNA, these differences will become known.

As to this point - "Are you trying to say that the US is for whites an Africa is for blacks?" I am not saying that at all. Blacks are deeply ingrained and part of American culture. In all modern American history, she has been essentially a white European origin nation, with significant portions of other cultures. An America in which European origin whites are a minority will be radically different in my view. I am not an American citizen and no have real say in what should happen. I do observe that American whites in 2016 made a strong statement on how they feel about it, and it was a statement not in accord with your own views, or those of the liberal media who dominate what most people read.

Comment

It was a rambling post, but to tease out some key points I am arguably a racist in that I identify strongly with my race, but I am not a supremacist. I don't think whites are better than blacks, just different. Anyone who thinks not had better hold onto their hats because as we advance our understanding of DNA, these differences will become known.

As to this point - "Are you trying to say that the US is for whites an Africa is for blacks?" I am not saying that at all. Blacks are deeply ingrained and part of American culture. In all modern American history, she has been essentially a white European origin nation, with significant portions of other cultures. An America in which European origin whites are a minority will be radically different in my view. I am not an American citizen and no have real say in what should happen. I do observe that American whites in 2016 made a strong statement on how they feel about it, and it was a statement not in accord with your own views, or those of the liberal media who dominate what most people read.
                        Why believe strongly in your race, what great empires of the past would you say would agree with your beliefs on race?

As for a radically different USA if whites represented the minority of the USA....are you saying it would be a bad thing if blacks represented the majority of the USA in the future?

And for what its worth, one mans white man is another mans black man....in other words a guy might be walking down the street who might be viewed as black but who identifies as white or vs versa.

To be technical, look at a picture (google image) of white and black. After googling the color white and black you will see that the color white is not the same color as the skin color of Americans of Euro descent. Its the same with Americans of African descent. The whole race thing is blown way out of proportion by some liberals and conservatives. To put it one way, sexual relations between those of different skin colors has occured for thousands of years, what we see today wrt black folks in the USA/Europe and whites in Africa/Asia is merely a continuation of the past.
                        Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
                        Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X