Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The coming, planned, protest marches against Trump's inaguration.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The coming, planned, protest marches against Trump's inaguration.

Here's a list of the known, planned, protest marches against Trump's inauguration:

Washington DC day after inauguration. Planners say 200,000... Probably more like 20,000 if that based on previous Leftist marches of this sort... But what the hey...

Similar protests in New York City and San Francisco are planned. The San Fran one plans to block the Golden Gate Bridge with a human chain across it. That will certainly endear them to commuters using the bridge to go to work or go home...

Better, ones in London and Toronto are to be held. What the hell foreigners have to protest about Trump being elected escapes me... After all, he's not their President and hasn't done anything one way or the other towards their nations...

Seattle is going to have one called Resist Trump...

A pro marijuana group is going to hand out thousands of joints on the Washington mall to draw attention to their cause on inauguration day...
    That ought to endear them to the mall police to no end, not to mention having thousands of wasted protesters blundering about...
    But, stupid is as stupid does... As we've been told...

All this reported courtesy of that Leftist bastion of the MSM magazine, Time... It's cover is mostly red for a reason...

http://time.com/4623995/donald-trump...tion-protests/

As long as they are peaceful, I don't care.

Comment

Originally posted by johns624 View Post
      They won't be. There'll be lots of arrests, there always are when the Left throws a big protest...

Comment

http://patch.com/massachusetts/bosto...rump-rally-yet

You forgot to list the one in Boston. I hope no arrests. Grand-daughter is planning on marching. She marched in the anti-Trump protest in Boston right after his election and she said the police were supportive and helpful. My daughter marched in the Chicago protests after the election and saw no problems, very peaceful. Both posted on Facebook live as they were marching.

Grand-daughter also got a ticket to the Obama Farewell Speech tomorrow in Chicago. I hope that goes well and peacefully.
        Last edited by Jannie; 09 Jan 17, 18:02.
        Homo homini lupus

Comment

Originally posted by johns624 View Post
          There's peaceful, and then there's peaceful.
          Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

I figured more would get added. I just started the list...

Comment

As for participation in these "events" I use my usual yard stick... "100% backing, 50% lacking." That is if 8,000 people say they'll show up count on about 4,000, probably a bit less actually doing so.

Comment

Does anyone remember the Million Muslim March where thousands were suppose to attend and only about twenty people showed up. I have a feeling not many will show up for these protests.
                “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
                ― Groucho Marx

Comment

I think you might be right. My daughter said that she would love to go to the Washington March but that she really needs to work.

The grand-daughter being a college kid will be more likely to show at the Boston march with a bunch of her contemporaries.
                  Homo homini lupus

Comment

If it blocks bridges, highways, it isn't a peaceful protest and should be dealt with accordingly.
                    ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                      Here's a list of the known, planned, protest marches against Trump's inauguration:

Washington DC day after inauguration. Planners say 200,000... Probably more like 20,000 if that based on previous Leftist marches of this sort... But what the hey...

Similar protests in New York City and San Francisco are planned. The San Fran one plans to block the Golden Gate Bridge with a human chain across it. That will certainly endear them to commuters using the bridge to go to work or go home...

Better, ones in London and Toronto are to be held. What the hell foreigners have to protest about Trump being elected escapes me... After all, he's not their President and hasn't done anything one way or the other towards their nations...

Seattle is going to have one called Resist Trump...

A pro marijuana group is going to hand out thousands of joints on the Washington mall to draw attention to their cause on inauguration day...
                      That ought to endear them to the mall police to no end, not to mention having thousands of wasted protesters blundering about...
                      But, stupid is as stupid does... As we've been told...

All this reported courtesy of that Leftist bastion of the MSM magazine, Time... It's cover is mostly red for a reason...

http://time.com/4623995/donald-trump...tion-protests/
                      Like it or not, a sizeable segment of the American population does not like the Chump, including a lot of conservatives. Even one of my longtime Shipmates who is staunchly conservative confessed to voting for the Chump while holding his nose. It is not just the liberal that don't care for that SOB!

Trump’s honeymoon period with American voters could be shorter than most.

Trump’s favorability rating has hit a new high as he prepares to take office, something that has happened for every president-elect since Gallup first started tracking the metric in 1945.

But Trump’s net favorability rating is the lowest of any newly elected first-term president, likely because he was a controversial candidate who caused divisions in his own party.
                      President-elects have in the past stayed on an upward trajectory through Inauguration Day — Jan. 20 for Trump — so he still has time to build on his newfound gains.
                      http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign...ast-presidents
                      Give me a fast ship and the wind at my back for I intend to sail in harms way! (John Paul Jones)

Initiated Chief Petty Officer
                      Hard core! Old School! Deal with it!

Comment

"Protesting" against what, exactly?
                        The thing that is unprecedented about this is that Trump has not DONE anything yet.

Therefore, it can only be assumed that there is no real protest here, it is fear that Trump will actually be a good president, and so these people are trying to prevent that, obstruct him, and just be disruptive against the Democratic process in general.

Jannie mentioned something critical; people with something important to do won't be there.
                        "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                          The thing that is unprecedented about this is that Trump has not DONE anything yet.
                          I don't agree with any protest in Washington during or on the day of the inauguration. To my mind, that is just rude and without any class at all.

As to the above comment, Trump most certainly has said things that were both stupid and morally wrong.

And it should be remembered that less that half of the votes cast were for Trump.
                          We are not now that strength which in old days
                          Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                          Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                          To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
                            I don't agree with any protest in Washington during or on the day of the inauguration. To my mind, that is just rude and without any class at all.
                            Classless? Perhaps -- but since a presidential inauguration is a political event, are the protesters it any less classless than the hordes of hangers-on and trough-feeders and star-fckers, not to mention the ego-inflated, who show up to these things anyway?

As to the above comment, Trump most certainly has said things that were both stupid and morally wrong.
                            Not fer nuttin' but who died and elected you God? Who appointed you judge of all that's moral and immoral?

While, like you, I've found that I've not cared for many of PE Trump's remarks in the past, let's not get holier than thou. There ain't one swingin' d*ck in this whole farce we call US politics that's representing anything remotely moral.

And it should be remembered that less that half of the votes cast were for Trump.
                            That's true. As things stand right now, PE Trump can expect to represent only those who voted for him. If he proves himself competent, that may change for the positive.

I don't care if it's Trump or Hillary or Obama or Mr Ed: our country needs some genuine competence and accomplishment out of its political leadership. We've been governed by glorified tee-shirts and con men and moral pygmies for too long now. If Trump should prove as deficient as his predecessors, I'm pretty confident that we're all screwed.
                            I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post

Therefore, it can only be assumed that there is no real protest here, it is fear that Trump will actually be a good president, and so these people are trying to prevent that, obstruct him, and just be disruptive against the Democratic process in general.

Jannie mentioned something critical; people with something important to do won't be there.
                              Why should they wait. He's taken public stances on positions that they don't like. Are you saying he was lying during the campaign and is really for XYZ?
                              “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
                              “To talk of many things:
                              Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
                              Of cabbages—and kings—
                              And why the sea is boiling hot—
                              And whether pigs have wings.”
                              ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X