Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Obama; Sanders supporters undermined Obamacare

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Obama; Sanders supporters undermined Obamacare

    On the last leg of his Pity Me Tour, Obama is now striking out at Uncle Bernie, blaming the dwindling support for his legacy, Obamacare on him and his followers.
    Isn't it refreshing to see that Barak Hussian hasn't lost his touch? He started his first term as president blaming Bush for all the woes of the world, and that served him well into his second term.
    Now as he leaves office his focus is on finding scapegoats for his shortcomings and Bernie Sanders and Putin are in his sights along with Trump, Rush Limbaugh, and conservative talk radio.
    President Barack Obama said on Friday that criticism from the left wing of his own Democratic Party helped feed into the unpopularity of Obamacare, his signature healthcare reform law.

    Obama has been spending part of his last two weeks in office urging supporters to speak out against plans by Republicans - who will soon control both the White House and Congress - to dismantle the 2010 Affordable Care Act.

    At a town hall event with Vox Media, Obama acknowledged the politics have been stacked against his reforms, mainly blaming Republicans who he said refused to help make legislative fixes to Obamacare, which provides subsidies for private insurance to lower-income Americans who do not have healthcare plans at work.

    But Obama also said Liberals like former Democratic presidential candidate Senator Bernie Sanders had contributed to the program's unpopularity.

    During Sanders' campaign for the presidential nomination, he proposed replacing Obamacare with a government-run single-payer health insurance system based on Medicare, the government plan for elderly and disabled Americans.

    "In the 'dissatisfied' column are a whole bunch of Bernie Sanders supporters who wanted a single-payer plan," Obama said in the interview.
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...9AY?li=BBnb7Kz
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

  • #2
    Any port in a storm...

    Obama will spend the rest of his life finding excuses for the execrable performance and ultimate failure of Obamacare. It will be anything other than his fault it failed.

    Comment


    • #3
      The President is way too smart to not understand that a single payer plan is the only plan that is viable, although I don't want the government in my healthcare. If Tricare is any indication of what they have to offer, I'll gladly pass for the better insurance I get as a teacher.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Biscuit View Post
        The President is way too smart to not understand that a single payer plan is the only plan that is viable, although I don't want the government in my healthcare. If Tricare is any indication of what they have to offer, I'll gladly pass for the better insurance I get as a teacher.
        It's hardly the only option. Single payer is, only if you believe government is the solution to paying for health care.

        My preferred solution is as follows:

        1. Make 100% of all medical expenses 100% tax deductible.

        2. Put in place a national catastrophic health insurance plan operated by private insurers but paid for the most part, or entirely, through government funding. This would have a very high deductible... say $5,000 and up depending on the plan you choose. Everybody has one. And the minimum plan is paid through taxes. You can opt for a better plan with supplemental payments you make yourself. There are no pre-conditions.

        3. For routine medical costs like an exam, you pay out of pocket. But, the option is you can have a private health care savings account that uses pre-tax money for deposits. The cap on size could vary but say anything from about $5000 up could be in this account, and it's cap is indexed to the market so it will grow over time as costs go up.

        4. For employers and employees, there would be a similar health care savings account for each employee a company has. There's no set requirement a company do this, but the incentive would be very great to do so.
        Again there'd be a cap per employee. Let's say $5000 a year max. The accounts are set so the employee simply presents some medical bill and the account reimburses the employee or pays the provider depending on how it's set up. The accounts use pre-tax money up front.
        As an incentive for both employer and employee, at the end of each year, money left in the account is split between the employee and employer. The employee's share is taxable. The employer can either roll over their left over funds into next year or take it as taxable business income. The employer could also use left over funds to cover their tax burden for the catastrophic plan described above.

        This eliminates the government from most of the health insurance business entirely. It incentivizes people to minimize their health care costs and would drive providers to do the same.
        It eliminates insurance from most routine health care coverage and payments reducing the administrative burden of medical providers.
        It also ensures that hospitals and emergency rooms are mostly paid for treatment rendered even if it leaves them with some who they have to deal with getting the deductible from.
        It allows each person to pick the coverage they want and need, along with picking who they get it from.
        As there are no pre-existing conditions on any of this, everyone is equally eligible and pays their own expenses as they go. The sick are not being subsidized by the healthy. Since 100% of any paid expenses are tax deductible even the sickly get a huge break by not paying any taxes on income and possibly getting a large tax return to help them pay their bills.
        Healthy workers and their employers have an incentive to be in the program and participate.

        Is it perfect? No. But, it's a damn sight better than single payer or Obamacare would be.

        Comment


        • #5
          Things like this cheer me up. As long as the DNC flails around for excuses, fights amongst itself, and fails to learn a thing from 2016 the GOP will keep gaining in Congress, keep dominating more and more state governments.
          Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

          Comment


          • #6

            Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
            Things like this cheer me up. As long as the DNC flails around for excuses, fights amongst itself, and fails to learn a thing from 2016 the GOP will keep gaining in Congress, keep dominating more and more state governments.
            Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

            Comment


            • #7
              Oh, BOO HOO, BoBo. You're less useful to America than lug nuts on a canteloupe.
              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                It's hardly the only option. Single payer is, only if you believe government is the solution to paying for health care.

                My preferred solution is as follows:

                1. Make 100% of all medical expenses 100% tax deductible.

                2. Put in place a national catastrophic health insurance plan operated by private insurers but paid for the most part, or entirely, through government funding. This would have a very high deductible... say $5,000 and up depending on the plan you choose. Everybody has one. And the minimum plan is paid through taxes. You can opt for a better plan with supplemental payments you make yourself. There are no pre-conditions.

                3. For routine medical costs like an exam, you pay out of pocket. But, the option is you can have a private health care savings account that uses pre-tax money for deposits. The cap on size could vary but say anything from about $5000 up could be in this account, and it's cap is indexed to the market so it will grow over time as costs go up.

                4. For employers and employees, there would be a similar health care savings account for each employee a company has. There's no set requirement a company do this, but the incentive would be very great to do so.
                Again there'd be a cap per employee. Let's say $5000 a year max. The accounts are set so the employee simply presents some medical bill and the account reimburses the employee or pays the provider depending on how it's set up. The accounts use pre-tax money up front.
                As an incentive for both employer and employee, at the end of each year, money left in the account is split between the employee and employer. The employee's share is taxable. The employer can either roll over their left over funds into next year or take it as taxable business income. The employer could also use left over funds to cover their tax burden for the catastrophic plan described above.

                This eliminates the government from most of the health insurance business entirely. It incentivizes people to minimize their health care costs and would drive providers to do the same.
                It eliminates insurance from most routine health care coverage and payments reducing the administrative burden of medical providers.
                It also ensures that hospitals and emergency rooms are mostly paid for treatment rendered even if it leaves them with some who they have to deal with getting the deductible from.
                It allows each person to pick the coverage they want and need, along with picking who they get it from.
                As there are no pre-existing conditions on any of this, everyone is equally eligible and pays their own expenses as they go. The sick are not being subsidized by the healthy. Since 100% of any paid expenses are tax deductible even the sickly get a huge break by not paying any taxes on income and possibly getting a large tax return to help them pay their bills.
                Healthy workers and their employers have an incentive to be in the program and participate.

                Is it perfect? No. But, it's a damn sight better than single payer or Obamacare would be.
                Sorry TA! I meant that it was the only viable system for the President to pursue because he wants government healthcare. I carry two health insurances, paying premiums for one. And I don't want the government involved in my healthcare anymore that absolutely necessary.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                  It's hardly the only option. Single payer is, only if you believe government is the solution to paying for health care.

                  My preferred solution is as follows:

                  1. Make 100% of all medical expenses 100% tax deductible.

                  2. Put in place a national catastrophic health insurance plan operated by private insurers but paid for the most part, or entirely, through government funding. This would have a very high deductible... say $5,000 and up depending on the plan you choose. Everybody has one. And the minimum plan is paid through taxes. You can opt for a better plan with supplemental payments you make yourself. There are no pre-conditions.

                  3. For routine medical costs like an exam, you pay out of pocket. But, the option is you can have a private health care savings account that uses pre-tax money for deposits. The cap on size could vary but say anything from about $5000 up could be in this account, and it's cap is indexed to the market so it will grow over time as costs go up.

                  4. For employers and employees, there would be a similar health care savings account for each employee a company has. There's no set requirement a company do this, but the incentive would be very great to do so.
                  Again there'd be a cap per employee. Let's say $5000 a year max. The accounts are set so the employee simply presents some medical bill and the account reimburses the employee or pays the provider depending on how it's set up. The accounts use pre-tax money up front.
                  As an incentive for both employer and employee, at the end of each year, money left in the account is split between the employee and employer. The employee's share is taxable. The employer can either roll over their left over funds into next year or take it as taxable business income. The employer could also use left over funds to cover their tax burden for the catastrophic plan described above.

                  This eliminates the government from most of the health insurance business entirely. It incentivizes people to minimize their health care costs and would drive providers to do the same.
                  It eliminates insurance from most routine health care coverage and payments reducing the administrative burden of medical providers.
                  It also ensures that hospitals and emergency rooms are mostly paid for treatment rendered even if it leaves them with some who they have to deal with getting the deductible from.
                  It allows each person to pick the coverage they want and need, along with picking who they get it from.
                  As there are no pre-existing conditions on any of this, everyone is equally eligible and pays their own expenses as they go. The sick are not being subsidized by the healthy. Since 100% of any paid expenses are tax deductible even the sickly get a huge break by not paying any taxes on income and possibly getting a large tax return to help them pay their bills.
                  Healthy workers and their employers have an incentive to be in the program and participate.

                  Is it perfect? No. But, it's a damn sight better than single payer or Obamacare would be.
                  Sorry TA! I meant that it was the only viable system for the President to pursue because he wants government healthcare. I carry two health insurances, paying premiums for one. And I don't want the government involved in my healthcare anymore that absolutely necessary.

                  Comment

                  Latest Topics

                  Collapse

                  Working...
                  X