Another solid job report for Dec with 2016 adding over 2 million jobs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
    My Holidaze gift from my employer was to be laid off. Some of the production workers preceeded me. My 'former' firm produces FRP pipe and tanks for energy and industrial users and this sector of the economy has been slowing for months(years). And the firm is one of the few remaining manufacturers in this area. I expect when I find a "new job" it will likely not have pay and benefits on a similar scale since the loonie leftists dominating the local guv'mint (and State) have been increasingly anti business, especially industrial/manufacturing.

What I've seen, in markets and economy of past few years, the OP is misleading as most of those "new jobs" likely don't provide the pay and benefits on scale with the ones lost earlier, which these would supposedly help to replace.
    All part of Bobo's 'kill the economy' drive.

Hopefully Trump can create a much more business-friendly atmosphere.
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
      All part of Bobo's 'kill the economy' drive.

Hopefully Trump can create a much more business-friendly atmosphere.
      Facts demonstrate that this is nonsense.
      “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
      “To talk of many things:
      Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
      Of cabbages—and kings—
      And why the sea is boiling hot—
      And whether pigs have wings.”
      ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
        You'd be wrong, but hey.

You're a strong supporter of the 'real unemployment' numbers. I bet you can't wait fore the real numbers to be used next month, rigth?
        IIRC, charts and graphs in other recent threads show real wages and purchase power, adjusted for inflation, on a decline for most workers and households.

I find the following a good place to get those "real" numbers;
        http://www.usdebtclock.org/
        This site also offers a "time machine" and while not as extensive on information as the current version, still provides an interesting gauge and insight, such as this one for 2008;
        http://www.usdebtclock.org/2008.html
        Last edited by G David Bock; 06 Jan 17, 14:49.
        TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

[QUOTE=Combat Engineer;3310343]This year ended with the longest string of +2 million jobs per year since Bill Clinton left office in 1999.[QUOTE]

It always "looks good" at year end because of all of the holiday hires. However, two million jobs in a nation of over 300 million people is virtually nothing, and all of those jobs went away right after Christmas.

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Facts demonstrate that this is nonsense.
            What "facts"? Those missing "six million jobs" are the "facts" as far as BoBo is concerned. Eight years and he never produced those jobs and he never will, but he made a lot more than six million jobs go away.
            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

This chestnut is so old I can't remember who was President, but it runs through my mind whenever job stats are discussed.
              Guy leaning on a counter with a radio in the background declaring that the President just announced a million job increase.
              He's thinking "Yeah! And I've got 3 of them"
              ."
              My Avatar: Ivan W. Henderson Gunner/navigator B-25-26. 117 combat missions. Both Theaters. 11 confirmed kills. DSC.

Comment

One area... burying the other areas.. noted. Will look forward to having you post on the President Trump admin using the real numbers. I'm sure you will, right????

I notice no one is picking that up in this thread. Loss of focus.
                What I'm pointing out is there are other ways than the "official" way to look at how the economy and jobs are doing. Under Obama, both have been areas of lethargy and poor growth. If they are under Trump he'll get the same treatment. After all, I'm no fan of Trump either.

Comment

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X